[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

You guys! OMG! Best video ever was the hand on demo on G4TV right now. They'll have it up on their site by tomorrow I guess.

They showed explosives in the game and sled rides! :D

LittleBigPlanet is THE PS3 release to look out for even over Metal Gear Solid 4. It is probably the only reason I wish I had a PS3; and being a fanboy of no console or company in particular, I have to say I wish I could justify the purchase of a PS3 just for this game.

I thought the use of LBP in the PS3 press conference was ingenious and necessary. It made the random number-crunching meaningful. It was also probably the only other noteworthy mention in the Sony press conference besides MAG. Resistance on both PS3 and PSP failed to wow me like LBP has consistently done.

LittleBigPlanet is THE PS3 release to look out for even over Metal Gear Solid 4. It is probably the only reason I wish I had a PS3; and being a fanboy of no console or company in particular, I have to say I wish I could justify the purchase of a PS3 just for this game.

I thought the use of LBP in the PS3 press conference was ingenious and necessary. It made the random number-crunching meaningful. It was also probably the only other noteworthy mention in the Sony press conference besides MAG. Resistance on both PS3 and PSP failed to wow me like LBP has consistently done.

I totally agree, my friend bought his PS3 on launch mainly for LBP, LBP is the main reason why I've wanted one since launch but I wanted to wait nearer the release to pick up a cheaper console :p

I seriously can not wait for this game.

Was LBP even known about at launch? I didn't know about it - I bought my PS3 because my PS2 broke (and it had B/C), and for MGS4 and GT5.

Right now, if I was buying one, LBP would be top of the list of reasons to get it.

Man, LittleBigPlanet looks great. So, so, so great. In yesterday's LBP breakout session, Media Molecule's Alex Evans walked us through the game, pointing out all sorts of fun facts. Like? Well....

? The game will feature trophies.

? If two players of different levels play co-op together and one falls behind, that player will instantly die and respawn so the two players can keep up.

? There are over 60 tutorials that focus on creating.

? Because the Sony E3 press conference showed it was possible to embed text on objects, it will now be possible to do that in-game. (Media Molecule wants to make sure everything it's now showing with LBP is actually possible for users to make.

Hit the jump for the rest.

? Originally, they planned to give players complete freedom of depth, but found that a richer experience could be gotten with only three layers of depth.

? If you use voice chat, Sack Boy will be lipsynched to your speech.

? The tags used to label level you create are pre-selected and were intially from LOL Cats. This has since been changed.

? Stephen Fry does voice over work for the create mode.

? It hasn't been announced if you can import your own music into the game. Says Evans, "There's no reason technically why not."

You might've known all of these. Heck, you might even know more. Good for you.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5026104/things-i-learned...littlebigplanet

I knew most of these, but I didn't know about Stephen Fry doin:Dvoice work! :D

This game is going to be game of the year without a shadow of a doubt. I bet MS wish they had something like this on the Xbox. (Not a fanboy comment, a general statement - just before they all rush in)

Yeah I'll definitely be creating a Neowin level and putting in graphics from the board (like NW logo, ect).

Maybe make DirtyLarry a boss at the end like the dudes in the video above :p

Awman, I'll be importing user pics left, right and center ;)

LOL

I just read this, I will help you out with this one!

LOL

I just read this, I will help you out with this one!

Awesome!

Cameos from the staff in the level :D

I'm sure Neobond and everyone who owns Neowin will be okay giving the all clear to publish the NW level. If not we can share it privately.

I say that as I will want to use the Neowin logo/board art - Not modify it anyway, just use it. However it is copyright.

We could have a wee competition on the go as well for the best Neowin level ;)

If it does get published and does well in the LBP world, could get us more hits!

I get awfully excited about this title. I probably should calm down a little on the hype side till it comes out and make sure it delivers, but I'm just confident it will.

I assume there'll be a piggy in that level. :crazy:

Nearer the time we can plan it out and have a competition I think - I'm being serious as well! It'll bring everyone together in the NW GH to create and build this NW level.

Everybody wanting to can even make a small part of the level - Just let one person do so much, then pass the level over to someone else.

Should be fun (Y)

I'll buy the game if you give me a major part, AB :laugh:

We'll see :shiftyninja:

Anyway, here's Gamespots updated impression!

E3 2008: LittleBigPlanet Updated Impressions

We check out the many possibilities of playing, creating, and sharing in Media Molecule's upcoming game.

Last year we kicked off our E3 preview of LittleBigPlanet with the simple phrase, "LittleBigPlanet is awesome." Here we are a year later and, after a killer appearance of the game at yesterday's Sony E3 2008 press conference, we're quite happy to report that, yes, the Media Molecule-developed Sony exclusive is still knocking our socks off. In addition to having the game on our live stage show, we got a chance to check out an extended preview session of the game hosted by Media Molecule's Alex Evans, in which we got a deeper look at this highly anticipated game.

LittleBigPlanet's subtitle "play, create, share" describes the three main tent posts on which the game is built. What's interesting is that the game pays attention to exactly how you play and will reward you for participating in its various aspects. Some players might want to focus on the play aspect of the game, making their way through the various levels that will come shipped with the game at release. Others might want to forgo the playing altogether, and instead choose to experiment with the game's extended creation tools. Finally, sharing your creations with the rest of the world will earn you rewards, too, either as in-game trophies, or as recognition from other LBP players who choose to download and play your levels.

Evans took us through several levels of the game, demonstrating a huge breadth of creativity from the developers at Media Molecule. First up was a traditional platforming level, one with a wintery theme that featured icy ramps that you could slide down, a mechanized dogsled that was powered by a rocket engine, and falling icicles that you had to dodge and then use as ledges to access higher areas of the level.

The platforming levels are likely to be tons of fun for fans, but what really fires us up are the more creative levels that use some of the new tools introduced today. For example, Evans introduced the audio tool, which will let you attach prerecorded audio samples to objects and then choose from a variety of criteria to determine when that sound is triggered and how it sounds when it plays. As an example, you might have a simple box to which you can attach the sound of a ninja yelling. In addition to being able to tweak the sound of the ninja's scream (slowing it down or speeding it up, for example), you can set when that sound is emitted, such as when your sackboy character comes near, or when another object comes into contact with it.

Although this is a simple example, it can be taken to extremes. Evans showed off a Media Molecule demo level that featured a huge stack of boxes with attached audio samples, arranged to play in a very specific order as the player's sackboy drove by in a cart. The result was a fascinating, sequenced musical piece that included full percussion and accompaniment. It was just another example of the kind of flexibility in the game's toolsets, the kind of creativity that seems to be limited only by the imagination (and the available free time) of the creator.

Some LBP players might want to focus mostly on playing the game, whereas others will want to spend their time creating things. Media Molecule recognizes these two very different approaches and is designing a path through each play style that will allow both kinds of players to be rewarded. For creators, there will be a series of levels that will consist of more than 60 focused tutorials, which end up at about two hours total of gameplay. This path will unlock the entirety of the tools you'll need to create anything you want in the game. However, if you're the "player" type and you make your way through the game's created levels, you'll not only unlock the same tools, but also a lot of prefabbed items that you can plop into your created worlds right away. Add to those tools things like the ability to create stickers from scratch by using the PlayStation Eye camera, and the results seem to be virtually unlimited.

Collaborative creation will let multiple players join in on the fun of creating levels and objects together. When creating with a friend, there will be a hover mode that will let you float through various parts of the screen to easily access things that you might have to climb to get to otherwise. For more complex objects, you'll see exactly how they are put together, including any behind-the-scenes wiring that makes an object work but isn't viewable when encountering the object in the played version of the level. In addition, players will be able to "copyright" their created objects, which will let them share it with other players but will also lock it so that those players won't be able to break down how the object works.

Once a level is created, you'll be able to tag it with a number of preset tags to better describe your level in preparation for uploading to the world. All of the content that is published online will be easily moderated by the community using some simple in-game tools. If you find something that bothers you, the first step will be to take a photo of the objectionable content, then explain why you find the content offensive with some handy preset tags, and then upload the photo, at which point the LBP community will check into it.

Thanks to some handy (and undoubtedly complex) behind-the-scenes code, the in-game community aspect of LBP seems to be rich and robust. In addition to the aforementioned tagging of levels, the game will let you keep track of your favorite levels and players in the game. You'll be able to tag your levels with a "heart" system that will let you tag levels as favorite and, over time, the game will present you with user content that is more attuned to your personal preferences. In addition, Evans said that the team hoped to have a Web version of the favorites system that would let you keep track of your favorite players and levels, and even check out who's been playing through the content that you've created.

Each time we see LittleBigPlanet, our smile seems to grow a bit wider. As we said in the beginning, the game is looking awesome, and there's better news ahead: A beta is in the works, which we hope to be playing in the near future. The final version of the game is due for release this October. We'll be bringing you much more coverage of the game in the near future, so stay tuned.

Source: http://e3.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6194...stories;title;3

I'll buy the game if you give me a major part, AB :laugh:

+1

question, who'll be the protagonist?

this all sounds good so long as no-one forgets about it, can someone remind me of release date/period?