[E3] Playstation HOME: Game Room Walkthroughs & Gamespot Preview

You live in Europe, so does he...

lol.

DirtyLarry from Europe?, bad AB, BAD!

There is no reason why you won't be able to. You can game cross region

If you want to meet up with your pals from abroad, then you'll be able to invite them into your apartment, but warping into the game space to bowl or play chess is not possible.

It's not that simple, but yes advertising will be part of it...

That's the main reason for locking regions though. If they have advertising to pay for the service, the advertising has to be region specific therefore allowing other regions into that area could be breaching copyrights.

Shame about the bowling/chess but it's hardly the end of the world.

DirtyLarry from Europe?, bad AB, BAD!

If you want to meet up with your pals from abroad, then you'll be able to invite them into your apartment, but warping into the game space to bowl or play chess is not possible.

I thought you said DM lol

You can have pool in your apartment, maybe chess and if aparments get big enough, probably bowling as well.

However all of that will probably be DLC. Just need to force one of your abroad friends to buy it haha.

Bowling in apartments damn, how are you going to fit a bowling lane into those 4x4 inch student apartments they've shown us :laugh: ?

Not up to scratch on your Home sir? ;)

They've shown off bigger apartments, and part of the DLC plan is to get you to buy a bigger one.

Everyone gets the free standard "4x4" one, but you can upgrade to larger ones.

Which is why I said force someone you know to buy a bigger one, so everyone can bowl in their apartment :laugh:

What would the motive behind that be? :blink:

I can see content, as in movies, music, DLC being varied, but if you mean a whole area, unless it's something illegal in a country/continent, I doubt it :p

Say for instance they design some Zones based on real world places. i.e New York City or Monaco. How lame would it be not to visit some of these places. Bare in mind those are just examples, I've got no idea what they have in the works in terms of Zones :p

So yeah I'm disappointed. No icing or sugar coating is gonna change my mind.

Well, looks like it's going to be region locked.

https://www.neowin.net/news/gamers/08/07/17...e-region-locked

Does that mean there will be a delay with the release of Home this November/December? I've got the feeling US/Japan will get it November and Europe and Australia will probably have to wait till early next year...that is what usually happens :( I hope I'm wrong though, Home looks cool and I wanna try it out damnit :laugh:

Does that mean there will be a delay with the release of Home this November/December? I've got the feeling US/Japan will get it November and Europe and Australia will probably have to wait till early next year...that is what usually happens :( I hope I'm wrong though, Home looks cool and I wanna try it out damnit :laugh:

No, it's confirmed it will release for all 3 regions simultaneously.

Sony say 3rd quarter.

No, it's confirmed it will release for all 3 regions simultaneously.

Sony say 3rd quarter.

Cool :) except I suspect Australia is not included in that, Sony Australia have said November/December (4th Quarter) :( So if it shows up earlier then that here, I'll be pleasently surprised.

EDIT: Sony Australia never actually said it would release in November/December in Australia, they just said expected release date was then. So either they know something we don't or Australia has to wait longer then everyone else, I hope it's neither I want Home now :p

Edited by Xerxes

Cool :) except I suspect Australia is not included in that, Sony Australia have said November/December (4th Quarter) :( So if it shows up earlier then that here, I'll be pleasently surprised.

EDIT: Sony Australia never actually said it would release in November/December in Australia, they just said expected release date was then. So either they know something we don't or Australia has to wait longer then everyone else, I hope it's neither I want Home now :p

It's being rolled out region wise I think, so it doesn't matter where you are in Europe, as long as you have PSN in your country, you'll get Home.

Europe will have licensing issues of it's own with the Cinema though, seeing as Australia pretty much ban everything haha.

It's being rolled out region wise I think, so it doesn't matter where you are in Europe, as long as you have PSN in your country, you'll get Home.

Europe will have licensing issues of it's own with the Cinema though, seeing as Australia pretty much ban everything haha.

Yeah, Australia's goverment is ban happy :laugh:

Guys, you may be interested in this..........

Yes, HOME is region locked, but this is only due to Sony keeping the Law/Advertising people happy, however..............I believe there may be a loop pole but I can't confirm this 100%.

There is nothing stopping you joining a friend in their home space via your friends list.

So say I am on HOME in Europe and DirtyLarry is on HOME in the US, if I have him on my PSN Friends List and say he is in his Home Space, I could load up my HOME Character's PSP, go to the Friends List, select DirtyLarry and select the 'Go To' Option.

This would then take me to his HOME Space on the US Server of HOME.

So if we can have bowling alleys ect.... in our Home Spaces, there is nothing stopping us having a game or two. Even a Neowin House party at someones Home Space.

Damn, Scazza, you' sharp :laugh:

That's even mentioned in the news you can do that, this is about the public spaces and it has been discussed in the thread :p

Damn, Scazza, you' sharp :laugh:

That's even mentioned in the news you can do that, this is about the public spaces :p

Ha my bad. Didn't even bother looking through the 3 pages and read the original source lol........I have been at work for 2.5 hours and I am still half asleep.

Good times.

So if a European user and a US user were standing in the same area and looked at the same billboard, they'd see the same ad?

Such a great feature for the Playstation - Would be amazing if they could integrate some sort of virtual shopping into it aswell... so say you visited a play.com store or say an apple store, allowing you to view the products in there 3d form, bring up information and then buy them for real.

I'd like to see a retailer like amazon, or for the hell of it a virtual tesco's lol, get shopping done virtually and get it delivered!

I think that's what they're aiming for with the cinema, to go and watch the film in a virtual cinema.

Such a great feature for the Playstation - Would be amazing if they could integrate some sort of virtual shopping into it aswell... so say you visited a play.com store or say an apple store, allowing you to view the products in there 3d form, bring up information and then buy them for real.
I'd like to see a retailer like amazon, or for the hell of it a virtual tesco's lol, get shopping done virtually and get it delivered!

I think that's what they're aiming for with the cinema, to go and watch the film in a virtual cinema.

They have the market place in HOME already up and running with things that you can buy to use in HOME, so I don't see why not something like this couldn't be intergrated in the future.