[E3] PS3 Platinum Range Detailed For PAL Regions

More news from Sony's secret, PAL-only event in Santa Monica: the region's "Platinum" games range for the PS3 have a release date, as well as pricing info. The first batch of Platinum games will be appearing on August 1, and titles mentioned specifically included MotorStorm, Resistance, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed and Virtua Tennis 3 (with Heavenly Sword and Ratchet & Clank surely there as well). As for pricing, they'll be *deep breath* €30/?20/AUD$50/NZD$60.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5026049/ps3-platinum-ran...for-pal-regions

?20 is decent.

I'll be getting Uncharted now!

Seeing as those are RRPs mind you, I hope some places maybe undercut to ?14.99.

Wonder what the box art will look like.

kotaku show it as being a nasty yellow, leas the price is in line with the previous platinum tags of ?19.99.

I'm going to get R&C and probably Resistance, hopefully the boxes aren't differently coloured though...

I'm going to get R&C and probably Resistance, hopefully the boxes aren't differently coloured though...

The boxes are the same colour, however they have changed the cover art. It now has a yellow stripe with Platinum written on it iirc.

The boxes are the same colour, however they have changed the cover art. It now has a yellow stripe with Platinum written on it iirc.

Good, that I can live with :)

God I hope that isn't the final design, it looks horrible.

Why can they never get greatest hits or platinum versions looking right.

Just stick a nice sticker on the front or something, don't go over board with horrible colours.

God I hope that isn't the final design, it looks horrible.

Why can they never get greatest hits or platinum versions looking right.

Just stick a nice sticker on the front or something, don't go over board with horrible colours.

Because Sony want your friends to know your a cheap ass who couldn't afford to shell out for retail :p

• 2 weeks later...

The silver on the original platinum releases for the PS1 were acceptable, not sure about the yellow. no doubt retailers will sell the old non platinum stock for about the same price.