[E3] Riccitiello confirms KOTOR MMO from BioWare

EA boss John Riccitiello confirmed at E3 today that BioWare?s working on a new Knights of the old Republic game with an MMO ?component? to it.

The project has been heavily rumoured for some time.

?We?ve got two of the most compelling MMOs in the industry in development,? said Riccitiello.

?The first title, based on the Warhammer property, will launch soon.

?And the one that people are dying for us to talk to them about - in partnership with Lucas, coming out of BioWare, which is, I think, quite possibly the most anticipated game, full stop, for the industry at the point when we get closer to telling you about it.?

He was then asked if the game was Knights of the old Republic and his response was a resounding, ?Yes.?

That?s the kind of megaton we?ve been waiting for. Thanks, Portfolio.

Source: http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/07/17/r...o-from-bioware/

An MMO?

NOOOOOOO.

In an interview at E3 this week, Electronic Arts chief executive John Riccitiello said that EA is working on the next version of Star Wars game Knights of the Old Republic, and it will most certainly have a massively multiplayer online component to it. (Source: http://www.portfolio.com/views/blogs/the-t...he-old-republic )

I for one have been waiting aaaaaaages for a new KOTOR game, slightly disappointed in the MMO side of things as I prefer non-subscription based games but its KOTOR none the less.

Not MMO, KOTOR has a storyline comparable to the galactic civil war, they'll ruin it, KOTOR has strong canonical references that require decent writing, an MMO will screw with the story arc.

Not MMO, KOTOR has a storyline comparable to the galactic civil war, they'll ruin it, KOTOR has strong canonical references that require decent writing, an MMO will screw with the story arc.

Unless the story is separate from the MMO aspect. They could even do something similar to Phantasy Star Universe where the story bleeds over into online and you can continue it with friends online, making it a much more interesting game.

Unless the story is separate from the MMO aspect. They could even do something similar to Phantasy Star Universe where the story bleeds over into online and you can continue it with friends online, making it a much more interesting game.

Yup, after all he does say an MMO "component".

Yup, after all he does say an MMO "component".

missed that bit :p thnx

I can stop writing that strongly worded complaint, at least its bioware again, I liked obsidians work too but Lucasarts pushed them for early release.

Maybe Obsidian can start work on KOTOR 4...

... at least in my dreams!

Wait...I thought Bioware had the rights to work with KOTOR? When did EA get it?

Probally when they bought BioWare. I was all excited about this, then I noticed it was a MMO and lost interest instantly :p

Wait...I thought Bioware had the rights to work with KOTOR? When did EA get it?

Bioware joined with EA as a publisher.

And as for the news of a KOTOR MMO, I'd much rather see a new true KOTOR sequel, RPG style, and developed by Bioware.

EA and BioWare? God, I've been away from gaming to long. Another one bytes the dust I guess.

I'll reserve judgment on the MMO issue. It can be done correctly, although not recently, so there's always a chance.

Edited by Alexei

Probally when they bought BioWare. I was all excited about this, then I noticed it was a MMO and lost interest instantly :p

Agreed!! No more MMOs please :wacko:

Sigh, an MMO :(

Not an MMO, I hate MMO's :cry: .

Scirwode