Does the Samsung LN32A450 HDTV accept 1080p?

I know that the Samsung LN32A450 is a 720p HDTV, but does it accept 1080p signals and downconvert them 720p?

Sorry for the question, but I researched all over the place and couldn't get this little info.

Thanks.

I don't see anything online that say it supports incoming 1080p signals. That shouldn't be an issue, though. Just set your device at 1080i or 720p.

I don't see anything online that say it supports incoming 1080p signals. That shouldn't be an issue, though. Just set your device at 1080i or 720p.

Does every HD device (such as Blu-ray player and HD cables box) have the ability to be set at 720p? Sorry for the stupid question, but I don't have an HDTV, so I don't know this stuff. Once I research all the facts on this Samsung model, then I will get one soon.

yes all HD devices will support and run in 720P mode but for BD it has the option of 1080p. can i ask you what is your budget on getting a TV

$500-700, but I saw this TV at Amazon for $710, which is a little over my budget. I may go for it as I've read the reviews and I heard it's an excellent HDTV.

$500-700, but I saw this TV at Amazon for $710, which is a little over my budget. I may go for it as I've read the reviews and I heard it's an excellent HDTV.

does size matter cause samsung makes this .... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824001281

SAMSUNG TOC T260HD Rose Black 26" 5ms HDMI Widescreen HDTV Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 10000:1(1000:1) Build in TV Tuner & Dolby Digital Surround Sound - Retail

HDTV monitor w/ built-in digital TV tuner

then a 24" model

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824001280

if i had the money myself i would buy one of them as it unlike regular TV based LCDs they usually are first and foremost a TV and a Pc screen as a side feature while with this they are both but both offer full 1920x1080p Rez unlike regular TV LCds the Pc specs are more like 720p mostly

if i had the money myself i would buy one of them as it unlike regular TV based LCDs they usually are first and foremost a TV and a Pc screen as a side feature while with this they are both but both offer full 1920x1080p Rez unlike regular TV LCds the Pc specs are more like 720p mostly

I would much rather have a 32 inch tv than those monitors if the primary use is watching television. Did he mention anywhere that he wanted a monitor? He already stated in another thread he though his 19" monitor was huge for his pc...

I would much rather have a 32 inch tv than those monitors if the primary use is watching television. Did he mention anywhere that he wanted a monitor? He already stated in another thread he though his 19" monitor was huge for his pc...

ok that is fine but i was just making a suggestion of something he could get have the best of both worlds and also for the price he can afford he wont get a 1080p display and it dont matter if such small size he wont notice the difference between 720p and1080p it is just it will be native1080p but it is his choice

What I'm just going to do is wait another year or two. The more I wait, the cheaper HDTVs will get. I like saving. smile.gif

Said xraffle.... so many times in other discussions... :laugh:

Said xraffle.... so many times in other discussions... :laugh:

yeah, well I can't resist. But I may back out. I try to convince myself to wait, but I always get tempted.

The HDTV size I want is 32". Nothing bigger, nothing smaller. Since I will be watching TV in my living room for a far distance, I would like something bigger than 19".