'Tekken 6' (PS3) Coming Late 2008

Tekken 6 is the next installment in Namco Bandai's popular 3D fighting series, coming exclusively to the PS3. While Tekken 6 was a no show at E3, in a recent interview with GameEX Magazine, Haruki Suzaki revealed that the game is currently scheduled for Dec. 2008, and when asked if it was still a PS3 exclusive, Suzaki replied "No, It hasn't been determined yet as of the moment."

Source

Probably go multiplatform but we'll see.

Might end up a timed exclusive...

Still for those interested in fighting games this is a pretty big announcement for 2008!

Uh...doesn't the "article" kind of contradict itself?

It starts saying that Tekken 6 is exclusive to the PS3 then flipflops with the quote from Haruki.

Lame.

uh oh, another title stolen by xbox? Cmon sony get with it!

That's a stupid comment.

No one is stealing anything, in the sense that force or persuasion has been used to take away from.

The developers are choosing not to remain exclusive if they go to 360. Not Sony, and I doubt MS are even saying anything at all. It's just a developer decision. They've (Sony) already made it clear they aren't going to money 3rd parties into making exclusives.

With the way this generation is going, if you don't choose to money 3rd parties, you're going to lose exclusivity with some titles.

Namco Bandai really messed up when they showed that trailer with the POS in-game graphics last year or the year prior. Since then, the game dropped off the radar and screens have slowly been leaked/released.

It starts saying that Tekken 6 is exclusive to the PS3 then flipflops with the quote from Haruki.

Lame.

For the moment its only on PS3 but it may appear on Xbox 360 which is why it is still considered exclusive for the time being!

Meh, it's only Tekken, it's time has passed long ago.

If it comes to the 360, ok, if it doesn't, who cares :p

Street Fighter and DOA is where it's at peoplez! :cool:

Meh, it's only Tekken, it's time has passed long ago.

If it comes to the 360, ok, if it doesn't, who cares :p

Street Fighter and DOA is where it's at peoplez! :cool:

I'm not really into my fighters but I used to love Tekken 2, or Tekken 3, I'm not sure which one it was!

I'm not really into my fighters but I used to love Tekken 2, or Tekken 3, I'm not sure which one it was!

Tekken Tag Tournament was by far the best, shame it don't work on BC consoles.

Lame.

My thoughts exactly.

It sounds like the opening sentence is lifted straight from a marketing release but is contradicted by the statement from Suzaki.