Apple's secret product is 'MacBook Touch'

And well it stop people from paying for it?

No. Not at all :p

Well it definetly won't stop LTD!

I hate to say it but if this is really real then Apple lost at being the first to release a Macbook touch. Look HERE

post-132753-1216878134.jpg

Apple, first ones with tablet PCs? Hell no. But Apple, first ones with multitouch functionality PC? Hell yeah.

Just because I'm pretty sure Apple won't do a plain simple Tablet PC. Their goal is to always innovate, so I bet they will add a LOT of touch functionality, or else they won't release it yet.

It doesn't have a full functional multi touch OS but the hardware is there :)

Everyone has already pointed out this laptop

Edited by Stunna

Mockup (for the more visual among us)

logan_lape2.jpg

:woot: for the midi/virtual keyboard :cool: :yes:

Edit: that's GarageBand, right?

Edited by redeemed

:woot: for the midi/virtual keyboard :cool: :yes:

Edit: that's GarageBand, right?

Yup, you can use the virtual piano in GarageBand now just obviously not with touch. :p

From an Apple Patent (Posted to a Rumor Site over a year ago)... ;)

What I'm pointing out guys is that very rarely are artist 'Fakes' even close to the real product unless it's an enhancement to an existing product. :)

post-14112-1216906890.gif

From an Apple Patent (Posted to a Rumor Site over a year ago)... ;)

What I'm pointing out guys is that very rarely are artist 'Fakes' even close to the real product unless it's an enhancement to an existing product. :)

Sorry Cara, that design was already used on a TabletPC 5years ago, Compaq TabletPC TC1100. Research showed that users really didnt like the swivel, that is why many companies now produce hinge twist based systems.

the picture cara posted doesnt show a swivel screen.

its more like a slider, at least from what i interpret in that.

it would be nice but the spec wont be as high as macbook or macbook pro. probably the same spec as macbook air for office or traveling uses.

$1500 anyone? :p

the picture cara posted doesnt show a swivel screen.

its more like a slider, at least from what i interpret in that.

Such a design doesn't seem very practical from an electrical or mechanical standpoint (Or aesthetic. You'd need some tracks of some kind) compared to the 'twist' kind found on most convertible tablets.

Oh, so we supposedly have someone "on the inside" over at Apple. I can only imagine the juicy flame bait she could pitch in every now and again. I imagine it wouldn't be easy to leak classified internal information to a site like this, but damn, I'll bet she'd have some interesting things to talk about in an Apple Store. Wish I had enough integrity to work for a company like that. :)

i find it funny on the pure fact that jobs is known for disliking tablets.

i think he's stated that multiple times, and yet they are rumored to come out with a tablet and patented a relation to it

Oh, so we supposedly have someone "on the inside" over at Apple. I can only imagine the juicy flame bait she could pitch in every now and again. I imagine it wouldn't be easy to leak classified internal information to a site like this, but damn, I'll bet she'd have some interesting things to talk about in an Apple Store. Wish I had enough integrity to work for a company like that. :)

Research & Development no less, the design work I see come out of some of the artistic teams that they want to see put into practical application can make me laugh. The Dalmatian MacBook was my personal favorite... Didn't go anywhere of course, I don't think it made it through the management review. LOL.

I keep most information to myself anymore (by request and desire to keep my job) but I will often comment on things that are in the public eye already. :)

i find it funny on the pure fact that jobs is known for disliking tablets.

i think he's stated that multiple times, and yet they are rumored to come out with a tablet and patented a relation to it

I'm not a tablet person myself either but if anyone can make it 'Cool', it will be Apple. :)

If Jobs doesn't like tablets.

Then he will remake the concept of "tablets" to his liking

I mean, they already are changing the way a Cellphone is portrayed. They can do it with tablets

Any chance of Apple fixing a time limit on those apple store test units ??? laptops, imacs etc ?

really is annoying when folks kneel down literally for an hour or so doing facebook, myspace, messenger, forums, youtube, etc....when other people would like to give them a whirl.

;) consider a time limit software to log them off or something.

Is this Apple's new product for next year? They seem to release one very important product each year, this year's was Mac Book Air and last years was the iPhone.

If Jobs doesn't like tablets.

Then he will remake the concept of "tablets" to his liking

I mean, they already are changing the way a Cellphone is portrayed. They can do it with tablets

eh, no there not, lol. A cellphone is still a cellphone. If anything Nokia changed the game when it came to to cellphones.

Did Apple sell alot of iPhones? Sure. Was it anything that hasn't been done before, hell no.

Any chance of Apple fixing a time limit on those apple store test units ??? laptops, imacs etc ?

really is annoying when folks kneel down literally for an hour or so doing facebook, myspace, messenger, forums, youtube, etc....when other people would like to give them a whirl.

;) consider a time limit software to log them off or something.

If that comes into play while you are waiting for a unit to test, bring it to the attention of a Concierge and they can often move the other person along. :)

Meh, I'm not a big fan of tablets anyways.

Apple will probably make a nice looking machine though.

How come you guys ignore the Modbook? click HERE to see it.

maybe we just all know, like the rest of the world, that the modbook was released some time ago and maybe we all do also know, that the modbook is something different to what is supposed to be released here, namely something multi-touch-enabled.

• 4 weeks later...

NO superdrive... I currently have a tablet and it's one of the smallest ones, but it's still WAY too big for my taste... i want a 12-14 inch screen with absolutely nothing else... put the pen somewhere and slip in the Hard drive somewhere under the screen... i want it light, and thin...

Yeah, I feel pushed when I'm at the Apple Store. When I"m looking at a computer, there's always someone behind me when all the other computers are free to use. It's ridiculous, and I been there no longer than a minute at the machine. :D

NO superdrive... I currently have a tablet and it's one of the smallest ones, but it's still WAY too big for my taste... i want a 12-14 inch screen with absolutely nothing else... put the pen somewhere and slip in the Hard drive somewhere under the screen... i want it light, and thin...

So, a Macbook Air with touch capabilities?