The Mentalist

• 3 years later...

I like this show as well, I've been watching from the start, I can't stop now till it's over.

• 8 months later...

So

now Lisbon is dead

:s I'm still no closer to figuring out who it is but it is odd that

when the gang knows about the list Lisbon and Partridge are killed shortly after

So

now Lisbon is dead

:s I'm still no closer to figuring out who it is but it is odd that

when the gang knows about the list Lisbon and Partridge are killed shortly after

I don't think she is, but we'll see.  It was still a big oshi! moment.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, just watched the newest episode, that ends one arc, felt like it could've been a season finale ep actually.  Can't wait to see where they go next.

Yes, I'm glad that the Red John arc is over. I'll probably just finish this season just to see where they intend to take it but I'm probably out once Van Pelt and Rigsby leave.

I would've loved to know how RJ knew about the list, though. :/

Yes, I'm glad that the Red John arc is over. I'll probably just finish this season just to see where they intend to take it but I'm probably out once Van Pelt and Rigsby leave.

I would've loved to know how RJ knew about the list, though. :/

It kinda hints that there's still someone on the inside.  He said he has thousands, so....  I think we're in for some more twists still.

Weak writing on this episode if you ask me.  And apparently the story is overwith, the producers have said almost straight out in an interview that they are moving on and no more red john issues will be brought up.  I'm glad to have red john over with, but addressing at least some of the 1000 red john questions brought up would have been nice.

Weak writing on this episode if you ask me.  And apparently the story is overwith, the producers have said almost straight out in an interview that they are moving on and no more red john issues will be brought up.  I'm glad to have red john over with, but addressing at least some of the 1000 red john questions brought up would have been nice.

Well, answering a few things in the process is still possible.  It's just that now no new RJ focused events will happen.   Honestly, if they answer the list part then that's all fans will probably want.   As for me personally I don't think there's anything else to answer.

http://tvline.com/2013/11/24/the-mentalist-red-john-revealed-killed-sheriff-mcallister/2/

The way I see it, they built the Red John arc and just keep adding and adding to the point that it's very hard for them to close it out. To be honest, I find the 3rd season ending better than this.

a lot of people feel that way. this was underwhelming and frankly against the spirit of the show. but I guess they have to move on 

http://tvline.com/2013/11/24/the-mentalist-red-john-revealed-killed-sheriff-mcallister/2/

The way I see it, they built the Red John arc and just keep adding and adding to the point that it's very hard for them to close it out. To be honest, I find the 3rd season ending better than this.

Well, it's not a season ending episode, still more episodes left to see.   But to be honest, with how long they had the arc going no matter who or how they did the reveal it would fee a bit underwhelming because after all these years everyone has their own idea of who it'd be and why and so on.  Nothing could match the expectations people created themselves. 

Well, it's not a season ending episode, still more episodes left to see.   But to be honest, with how long they had the arc going no matter who or how they did the reveal it would fee a bit underwhelming because after all these years everyone has their own idea of who it'd be and why and so on.  Nothing could match the expectations people created themselves. 

Exactly, which is why I think they should've ended it with Bradley Whitford. It's already a pretty good setup and Whitford played it very well. I guess there's a need for Red John to be someone who Jane knew or they felt that they could still stretch it out. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. The advantage of ending it midseason is we get to see the "new" Mentalist on the 2nd half and just judge it from there if we want to continue. They will probably switch to criminal-of-the-season type of formula.

Good point.  Red John was a super genious killer, computer hacker, mentalist as good as jane, etc.  Who could really be that good?  No one we ever saw had that potential.  The reveal basically seemed like, "remember this guy?  he's actually not an idiot.  he's red john. also, he did all this stuff with a lot of insider help by the way. plot line over, time to move on."  I think they drug red john out too long maybe, too much build up to ever be satisfying, like you said.  They should have been over with the guy a season or two ago.

• 1 month later...

At first I thought I'd give up watching after the "2 years after" episode just to wrap things up but I'm really enjoying this Mentalist 2.0. It just feels a bit weird not seeing Lisbon in charge. lol

I miss the Cho-Rigsby talks though.

• 4 months later...

Well it finally happened :p Despite all the changes I still really like this show (Y)

Yeah, finally is putting it lightly, so many hints and foreshadowing throughout the last 2-3 seasons it was only a matter of time.

• 5 months later...

It's official: CBS to end 'The Mentalist' after seven seasons

the seventh season will premiere later this month ? Sunday, Nov. 30 at 9 p.m., taking over the slot (temporarily) from The Good Wife. New Mentalist episodes will air for five weeks through December. When The Good Wife returns on Jan. 4 to the slot, Mentalist will shift to a new time slot ? Wednesdays at 8 p.m., where it will air until a two-hour final on Feb. 18

Nooo....     I really enjoyed that show.    Together with Sherlock and Elementary, this is the best detective show for me.   Lie To Me only lasted 3 seasons.  Now this is cancelled..   Sucks!