anyone MCSE/MCSA certified?

MCSE NT4, MCSE 2k, MCSA 2k, MCDBA 7, MCDBA 2k. Yea for me, right. I also have 10 years experience in a multi-vendor, multi-site enterpise network where I am finally top dog. :D (not IT manager but top network engineer) Not to mention a BS in Business Information Systems.

BUT experience matters most.

A cert will get your resume past the HR person, and on to the IT hiring manager. That person will want to see experience, projects completed, problems solved, and money saved.

I have lots of time for more experience :) since I'm only 17

Please do not do the exams, you need to have worked with the products before taking these exams, they will not help you at all otherwise. Its about more than a bit of paper its shows you are compentent enough to undertake anything you are asked to do with these products.

For example do you know how to defrag the NTDS.dit (AD directory) or install more Global catalog servers, Relative ID servers etc..

You will be throwing your money away, take them after 1 or 2 years of working in a networked enviroment.

Please do not do the exams, you need to have worked with the products before taking these exams, they will not help you at all otherwise.

You will be throwing your money away, take them after 1 or 2 years of working in a networked enviroment.

The exams themselves really aren't that hard at all if you have had domain and server/client experience. But a couple of years experience is still probably better.

update: i have noticed that the windows server 2003 mcse exams now require one year of experience. it appears you can still take the exams though, but to become mcse certified, you need the experience.

I agree about the experience stuff. I got my MCSE about 5 years ago while I was in the military. It helped to get my foot in the door on my resume, but it was the experience the military gave me that got me the job I am at now. Some of these things are a catch 22 when it comes to moving careers.

I have an A+ and MCP. I'm currently trying to get my MCAD and MCSD (Application Developer and Solutions Developer) certs for C#. I'm going the programming route. I should have my MCAD by the end of May and my MCSD by July.