Classics for free

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I contacted the old video game company called Omnitrends who is no longer in the video game business about their old games & here is what they said:Web Search: Credit Rating Vitamins Dating Trivia<Mailbox for geneewe@anonymous.to> Cellular Computer Singles Travel Personal Finance Weight Training#1 out of 2 messages in <MAIN : Inbox>.Reply Reply All Forward Delete Close Move Message To: Subject: RE: Old Omnitrend gamesDate: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:03:56 -0400From: "Carbone, Thomas R." <tcarbone@omnitrend.com>To: "Eugene Esterly III" <geneewe@anonymous.to>Eugene:I'm sorry, but these games are still in copyright. There is a plannedCD release of all our old games coming up next year.Regards,Tom Carbonetcarbone@omnitrend.com860-673-8910-----Original Message-----From: Eugene Esterly III [mailto:geneewe@anonymous.to] Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2005 7:17To: SalesSubject: Old Omnitrend gamesI'm sorry if this is the wrong email address but this is the only onewhich I see on Omnitrend's site other than a technical support emailaddress.During the late 1980's/early 1990's, Omnitrend was a game company &madeseveral games. I'm writing this email to see if Omnitrend would allowtheir games to be distrubuted on the Internet for free download. Thegames which I am referring toare:BreachBreach 2Paladin 1Rules of Engagement 1Universe 1Universe 2Universe 3I am asking if Omnitrend will allow the free distubution of the abovegames on the Internet for free download.Thanks for your time.Sincerly,Eugene Esterly III------------------------------------------------------------ANONYMOUS EMAIL -- ANONYMOUS SURFING -- COMPLETE INTERNET PRIVACY Getyour free account: http://www.anonymous.toMove Message To: Reply Reply All Forward Delete Close Privacy Policy | Terms of Service"Anonymous.To" is powered by ? 1999-2002 BigMailBox.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

anyone have any idea where to find the cd release mentioned?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I posted this in the PC Deals, and then saw this thread, so will post here also.

Free Games

Command & Conquer

Command & Conquer: Red Alert

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun

Source

You've just made my day :) I loved, C&C: Red Alert, back in the day, and was considering picking up a secondhand copy to install on my netbook - Gonna download those now :)

• 2 weeks later...

Free Games? Bring it on. For those who love football I've been playing Football Superstars for a couple of years now and the new version 3 is out. It's but requires registration.

Source

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, it's been a while since I last visited Neowin, but today I found a couple of old classics that have been updated and released for free, and thought I'd share the goodies.

First off, there's "Eat the Whistle", a Sensible World Of Soccer look-alike which was developed as a commercial game for the Amiga, and released under the GPL in 2002. It can import SWOS teams, and has several modes of play, where you can control one player (and trust the computer with the rest of the team) or the whole team (like in most football games), and an arcade play mode where you can get powerups, making it slightly similar to SpeedBall II. Netplay is going to be added but isn't finished yet.

Then, more well known to most of you, Remedy (yes, Remedy as in 3DMark demos and Max Payne), have updated and released Death Rally for free. Originally a DOS title, it's been ported to run under all current Windows platforms, including 7 in both x86 and x64 flavours.

Enjoy!!

• 1 month later...

It's been awhile since I've been here but I'm posting her since Liberated Games doesn't have their forums anymore.

A company called Fantasoft LLC has released their game called REALMZ for free (this game used to be shareware). You can get the game and the registration codes at http://www.fantasoft.com/ , this game is for Windows and Mac OS (don't know if it's classic Mac OS or OS X.).

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have box dave or beatdave? Old Shockwave game that you boxed dave letterman.

I do have that in fact, on an old CD-R I made twelve years ago. I'll go see if I can find it.

Edit: I found it. However I cannot get it to work in Windows 7 or XP; it complains about not enough virtual memory. Compatibility mode didn't work either, but I was able to run it in Virtual PC with Windows 98. After playing it again I'm not sure it was worth all the trouble though, but here it is. :laugh:

Slugfest.zip

Microsoft's "Tinker", a very polished puzzle game, was always "free" in the sense that you didn't have to pay for the game itself, however you did need to own a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate in order to get it installed, so you did have to pay "extra" (and run Vista) to get it. Now it's being offered as a free game for all Windows platforms (well, XP and upwards) when you sign up for the free Games for Windows Live service.

Source

Microsoft's "Tinker", a very polished puzzle game, was always "free" in the sense that you didn't have to pay for the game itself, however you did need to own a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate in order to get it installed, so you did have to pay "extra" (and run Vista) to get it. Now it's being offered as a free game for all Windows platforms (well, XP and upwards) when you sign up for the free Games for Windows Live service.

Source

The only problem is, its not worldwide available. Only in countries where Xbox Live is supported. :( Microsoft really need to push GoWL if they want to get like 1% of the digital distribution market.

I do have that in fact, on an old CD-R I made twelve years ago. I'll go see if I can find it.

Edit: I found it. However I cannot get it to work in Windows 7 or XP; it complains about not enough virtual memory. Compatibility mode didn't work either, but I was able to run it in Virtual PC with Windows 98. After playing it again I'm not sure it was worth all the trouble though, but here it is. :laugh:

works fine for me in windows 7 pro x64.... it's just a macromedia projector app....

• 10 months later...