[Official] Warhammer Online

This game sounds like another Age of Conan.

A lot of hype, game comes out, and an epic fail.

Hopefully it delivers.

What is this about an Open weekend starting tomorrow for Warhammer? How do people get invites to this?

Edited by BoDEAN

Hopefully it delivers.

What is this about an Open weekend starting tomorrow for Warhammer? How do people get invites to this?

By pre-order only. The only free ride was closed beta, preview and open beta will be for pre-orders and closed beta people. Been in the closed beta and see no reason at all why this will fail. Just becuase a game has a lot of hype doesn't mean it will fail.

man those screen shots are win ! do you know if there taken from the elder server ?

Taken by someone on the elder server though I have a funny feeling he's been fiddling with the client so to speak.

Hopefully it delivers.

Yeah, yeah. Which is why the dropped the NDA early and initial impressions are good? :/

And if you spent less time knee-jerking and looking in to the game you might have found about the open weekends sooner. ;)

Taken by someone on the elder server though I have a funny feeling he's been fiddling with the client so to speak.

Yeah, yeah. Which is why the dropped the NDA early and initial impressions are good? :/

And if you spent less time knee-jerking and looking in to the game you might have found about the open weekends sooner. ;)

has to be im a elder tester ( oops ) and i can safely say that's not what the elder server looks like but i cant wait :D

Awesome, comparing an unreleased game with one that's been out for almost 4 years.

*newsflash*

WoW was ass when it launched as well. kthxbai. Not to mention, rather hard being a rip-off of a rip-off, isn't it?

Um, not really... The interface was ass. There's a lot of clunkiness to it and it's totally unrefined. Tries to mix the WoW and GW look and the amount of customization is limited to as much as GW is. It just doesn't feel finished. I've played WoW beta too. WoW felt pretty complete and ready during open beta. War doesn't. I think it's just the controls and interface that just make it feel unfinished.

And WoW isn't really a rip-off of any game... Are you talking about EQ? If so, please... EQ and WoW are two totally different MMO games targeted towards different players and different play styles. They are nothing alike.

BTW... The Mythic creating War is the same Mythic that created Horizons. Horizons was the biggest multimillion dollar MMO flop ever. It was so bad it didn't even make it to retail.

Also, have they addressed the issue of being totally outgeared? Say one side gets to Tier 4, kills the king, does the quests, and gets the awesome loot and everything resets. Great, now a bunch of people on one side has better gear than the other side which just increases the gap and makes it that much more likely for that side to get to Tier 4 again.

BTW... The Mythic creating War is the same Mythic that created Horizons. Horizons was the biggest multimillion dollar MMO flop ever. It was so bad it didn't even make it to retail.

Also, have they addressed the issue of being totally outgeared? Say one side gets to Tier 4, kills the king, does the quests, and gets the awesome loot and everything resets. Great, now a bunch of people on one side has better gear than the other side which just increases the gap and makes it that much more likely for that side to get to Tier 4 again.

LOL? This post screams fanboy all over it. Pretty sure up until a year ago WoW was strictly pve based.

Warhammer is an awesome game. It has more complexities then WoW which is what people are looking for. Its boring spending 61 talent points over and over like WoW. Plus WAR is Realm vs Realm ;)!

Fanboy? Please... I play FFXI and WoW right now. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I'm not praising WoW or defending it. Sounds more like you're the lame fanboy if you can't take criticism towards something you like.

All I asked is a simple question because it is a very valid concern. What's to stop one realm taking over another, get all the good loot, and do it again once reset? If it keeps happening over and over, there will be a big divide in gear between the two realms and eventually the other realm will have no hope of competing. Depending on how gear is itemized and that, this is one bad thing that's a highly likely possibility.

It does look like it can be a good game though. However, the unpolished interface and controls really sets it back for me.

Hrm, coulda sworn they were part of making Horizons. Guess not.

Fanboy? Please... I play FFXI and WoW right now.

Well this game isn't for you then? You compare it to WoW. Beyond being in the same genre looking kinda alike (it happens when Blizz copy the franchise you are creating the game for!) They both have totally diffrent aims. WoW is about sitting in a dungeon using the same tactic for the n'th time to gather loot to do the same thing in another dungeon. WAR is about RvR and large player battles. They couldn't be further apart!

All I asked is a simple question because it is a very valid concern. What's to stop one realm taking over another, get all the good loot, and do it again once reset? If it keeps happening over and over, there will be a big divide in gear between the two realms and eventually the other realm will have no hope of competing. Depending on how gear is itemized and that, this is one bad thing that's a highly likely possibility.

It's nice to see you've seen more of T4 than me then! ;)

Let me make this clear (again) this isn't WoW, nor does it want to be. The focus isn't 'phat epics' the focus is fun with your mates. Skill over gear. Gear does give nice resists and improves your DPS. But not at the extremity like WoW.

You have no idea about how the game plays at end game and thus just theory crafting about something you have have no experience in.

It plays well at cap, there are no complaints about gear on the tester boards. We are wondering how Mythic plans to address the imbalance between Order:Destruction though.

Hrm, coulda sworn they were part of making Horizons. Guess not.

It pays to do a little research before blasting a developer! They made Dark Ages of Camelot. Again another very RvR focused game and deemed by many as one of the best PvP games ever produced (maybe 2nd next to EVE these days).

edit: I'll address the "omg fanboi" comments before they come in, yes I'm a fan of the game. In the sense that I enjoy it. I will also happily defend the game when someone who has likely not even hit level 10 blasts the end game content before they are even close to trying it out.

Edited by Spookie

Don't get so butt hurt. If you can't take criticism, comments, etc without blowing a gasket, it's best not to post. Seriously, chill man.

Butt hurt? Is this neowin or 4chan? :/

I can take criticism, but when someone posts something horribly incorrect I'm going to straighten it out.

Any good guides on the characters besides on the main warhammer site?

There is a few on WHA

Any good guides on the characters besides on the main warhammer site?

warhammer alliance is a great place. While they don't have offical fourms the devs do post their. Also gear plays much less of a role in T4 gameplay then it does in t1. Yes we all know those that hit 10 and have the money become OP in T1 but that does not carry over.

Um, not really... The interface was ass. There's a lot of clunkiness to it and it's totally unrefined. Tries to mix the WoW and GW look and the amount of customization is limited to as much as GW is. It just doesn't feel finished. I've played WoW beta too. WoW felt pretty complete and ready during open beta. War doesn't. I think it's just the controls and interface that just make it feel unfinished.

And WoW isn't really a rip-off of any game... Are you talking about EQ? If so, please... EQ and WoW are two totally different MMO games targeted towards different players and different play styles. They are nothing alike.

Hmm I've played EQ for 5 years in a worldwide top 50 guild and have been playing WoW for 4+ years now. Let me say EQ was awesome, mature fun gameplay. WoW was awesome for the first 2 years then the noobs and 12 year olds entered the hype and the game has pretty much been crap environmentwise.

WoW is a rip-off game, they took the ideas from EQ and entered it into a mainstream game, one of the lead developers switched to WoW during development and not to mention they took one of the crybaby guildleaders in their team, that guy was a complete joke.

They then took the complete lore of Warhammer, changed it a bit and entered it again in a mainstream game. It's how the Warcraft series was invented, GW asked them to create a Warhammer universe, they failed but kept the lore although they couldn't use it and changed it a bit and created Warcraft.

WoW was awesome it's 2 first years, now it's so-so and they have only themselves to blame. Worst mistakes ever were killing world pvp and introducing arenas.

Let's hope Warhammer refreshes the MMORPG world again.

Uh Artifact entertainment made horizons not mythic. Mythic made Daoc and ultima online two of the most successful pvp mmo's to date.

WoW was released on nov 23rd 2004. In almost 4 years we have gotten 1 expansion, a complete total of 4 battle grounds (if you consider eots a bg) and a horrible **** fest called the arena.

The rest of WoW revolves around raiding and pveing and if you play now you either spend all your free time raiding with your guild or you sit in a group for hours while you try to find the one warrior/paladin/druid who will tank your instance for you.

And yet in those 4 years WoW still has not been able to balance out its classes (If you look at 2v2 and 3v3 the most popular arena brackets).

Unless you play a warrior/rogue/druid you might as well not even bother PvPing.

I played during the preview weekend last week, and I plan on playing during Open Beta. The game is surprisingly balanced with most classes, and there is a ton of content for each race/area/zone/tier etc. There are some rough edges (duh, it's still in beta), but all in all the game is pretty solid. I'm looking forward to it.