[Official] Warhammer Online

just a question to the guys that played WarHamer , its possible to costumize the UI ? ( like on wow for example )

I mean using diferent skins , addons etc etc

Yes. Well, so far I've seen working spell timers & custom bars. The API isn't fully released yet as with things going as they are in beta something gets changed something breaks something new gets implemented.

It really comes down to if that type of community wishes to move over to WAR though Curse is attempting to encourage it.

So you want to bash something that you actually played for years. If anything that makes you look dumb for playing something that you hated. Why don't you just say you enjoyed WoW while you were played but got bored of it which happens with all games and wanted something new. One day you'll be bored of Warhammer also and want something new as that happens with all games. Anyway I have more respect for Blizzard then any other gaming companies because at least they make Mac versions of their games which apparently every other game company on the planet is to lazy to do. And who cares if WoW stole lore as Warhammer stole plenty of lore from all the fantasy universes that came before it such as Conan, LOTR, D&D and so on. Your comments are no better then the troll you were responding to as I think someone can enjoy both games and both universes without resorting to the bashing of one.

Sorry but you went wrong there

If you had said they took some "lore" from Tolkien i would agree with you but dont say they take from Conan, D&D

but lets say if you look into Games itself ( Board ) then WarHammer was one of the 1st doing it. ( LOTR Games are more recent then WarHammer ;) )

And Well on Paper D&D is older than all

Spookie thks for the info , but well if at least some parts can already be modded it means more in the future :)

lol was wondering when a offical thread was gonna come. Kept looking for one towards the end of july start of August.

This is a amzing game. PLayed CE CB and PW and can't wait to play live. Already have a group of people who are going order will prolly have a guild the first day. We were able to cap 2 keeps 2nd day of RvR. So if yall wanna go straight into the guild stuff just PM me.

Anyways Im still torn on what class to play. It has basicly come down to engineer or bright wizard.

just a question to the guys that played WarHamer , its possible to costumize the UI ? ( like on wow for example )

I mean using diferent skins , addons etc etc

idk about skins but dam, I went to move a few things around and I can do just about whatever I want too with anything on the screen.

And who cares if WoW stole lore as Warhammer stole plenty of lore from all the fantasy universes that came before it such as Conan, LOTR, D&D and so on.

ROFL ! please get the facts straight before making a post about thinkgs you know nothing about

Any idea, for those who pre-ordered and got the beta key, and downloaded the client off fileplanet....when the patcher will work?

I log into the patch, and enter l/pw, and it keeps going back to the same screen to enter in l/pw.

Also, when will the pre-order people be able to play live? Monday?

I guess i really don't understand the hate that people have vs other game that are coming out. Warhammer isn't trying or going to try to compete with World of Warcraft. They're two different types of games- You have Warhammer a mass PvP/RvR game, and you have WoW a PvE game with great raids and little arena.

they looked at the wow world pvp [which in part came from Shadowbane] and copied it...

Get my point now?

No I don't. :s

Mythic made Dark Age of Camelot which was released in 2001. WAR is a natural extension of that, they are trying to improve upon the their RvR concept. Their idea of world PvP differs greatly from the whack-a-mole node capturing in WoW. Do a bit of research.

Any idea, for those who pre-ordered and got the beta key, and downloaded the client off fileplanet....when the patcher will work?

I log into the patch, and enter l/pw, and it keeps going back to the same screen to enter in l/pw.

Also, when will the pre-order people be able to play live? Monday?

The patcher likely isn't live and won't be till closer to the beta start. The headstart is currently only confirmed for EU customers (hrhr we got something first :p) but either way the dates are:

September 14th for Collectors Edition customers and September 15th for Standard Edition customers. Rumor is that there will be a rank 20 cap till release. Though I haven't heard anything about a Renown Rank cap. We'll have to see. :)

no word yet but i would guess they will come in time

also if you play OB what do you need a trail account for the OB should tell you if you are going to like the game or not

I pre-ordered the standard edition at gamestop and got the open beta code. What's stopping me from

just downloading the client online and never buying the actual game? Can someone please enlighten me? :huh:

sorry it's late. lol

OB stands for Open Beta. :)

Which you only get if you pre-order, correct? So thats the difference for the trail, trail I don't pay for anything.

I pre-ordered the standard edition at gamestop and got the open beta code. What's stopping me from

just downloading the client online and never buying the actual game? Can someone please enlighten me? :huh:

sorry it's late. lol

If you download the client off fileplanet I think its the same one you are going to use for the head start phase as well. I could be wrong. There are certain things that are on the cd probably so you will have to install the retail version once the game launches.

You need the key out of the box to create an account for retail.

Which you only get if you pre-order, correct? So thats the difference for the trail, trail I don't pay for anything.

In Europe they will be giving keys to certain pre orders and also giving keys out on community sites. So if you really REALLY want to play I'd pre order.

No one answered me

do beta users have keys to give out? invites of any sort?

No, there isn't keys to give out or invites. The only way to access open beta is being a closed beta/Elder tester, Collector's Edition/ Standard Edition preorders or belonging to FilePlanet's and Founders' Club Exclusive Access. Sort of a misnomer calling it open beta, isn't it?

I have beta tested it and find the game extremely appealing to say the least. There is bugs in the last build, but this is the most polished of any I have seen previously.

Here's a link to one of the major Warhammer forums, take a look around and see if it might be something you are interested in.

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/index.php

No one answered me

do beta users have keys to give out? invites of any sort?

I just checked for you, seems there might be a "cheap" way to test it out...

The following is what I found on the forums:

"I went to my local Target and paid $0.99 for a pre-order box with my PW code, Open Beta code, head start code and item code. Not bad for guaranteed codes."

So it seems you might be out a dollar if you want to test the OB this coming Sunday. I don't think you will be forced to buy the actual game if you don't like it. I would still check out the details to be sure.

Hope this helps some.