Sony on PS3: You're "paying for potential"

Oh yes ... but .... mod chips ...... slim version ....... there will be potential when I see a slim PS3 and some mod chips or any other way to play copies ...... until then ........ a failure, I'm not happy at all with mine :( .

You're not happy because you can't pirate games for it? GOOD!!

Sell it.

You're not happy because you can't pirate games for it? GOOD!!

Sell it.

well ... more or less.... yup :yes: , and yes I'm selling it.

First off, a 10 year lifespan is unrealistic. It'll be about 7, 8 tops given the state of the industry.

Hello, not all countries are developed as yours.

Here, people still buy PS2 - it's cheaper, games are about 2? and BD is not yet what it should be

:argh:

hehe, yeah I know is shocking, I'll pay for games if they were cheaper here, but for example MGS4 is like USD $ 100.

Hello, not all countries are developed as yours.

Here, people still buy PS2 - it's cheaper, games are about 2? and BD is not yet what it should be

There it is!! +1

is this some kind of joke?? Are you rating a consoles success on how easy it is to play backups?? - lol

Also..have you seen the cost of a blank blu-ray disk? It would cost you more to buy a disk and the burner than to just get the game. So until that reaches a much more accessible price.. you won't be see much of that going on.

And there has been talk about a "slim PS3", but we won't be seeing that for another few years I'm sure.

That's only one way we could see backups on the PS3, who knows what the hackers will come up with.

well ... more or less.... yup :yes: , and yes I'm selling it.

You're seriously waiting for a "mod chip" ... really? :laugh:

You'll see a fine tuned, coded firmware hack before any worthy "chip" is designed...

You're seriously waiting for a "mod chip" ... really? :laugh:

You'll see a fine tuned, coded firmware hack before any worthy "chip" is designed...

No, I'm not waiting for a mod chip at all, I have a 360 and like you said firmware was the solution.

If that's the case, he is completely wrong.

No i said thet PS3 does not have a very good selection of games,with a console that has potential.

The result is: Wasted potential

No i said thet PS3 does not have a very good selection of games,with a console that has potential.

The result is: Wasted potential

Oh! I still think you are wrong :)

I am still disgusted by the fact that even though I want to buy a PS3, I have to spend 100 more dollars on accessories to make it worth a crap, like a HDMI cable, a DVD remote.... give me a break.

I won't be purchasing one till they are decent enough to include a high def cable for their high def console. What a load of ****.

I am still disgusted by the fact that even though I want to buy a PS3, I have to spend 100 more dollars on accessories to make it worth a crap, like a HDMI cable, a DVD remote.... give me a break.

I won't be purchasing one till they are decent enough to include a high def cable for their high def console. What a load of ****.

$100 for a cable and remote??? Where are you shopping for these? Denmark?

$100 for a cable and remote??? Where are you shopping for these? Denmark?

Okay 80 dollars, 39.99 for official sony cable and remote each.

Regardless of the cost, it's still a blatant slap in the face to the consumer to sell a high def high powered console and give you a flipping RCA cable...

In other words "Aside from 4 or so exclusives, we really don't have much at this point that would make you choose us over the competition. But stuff is coming!! Really!! Guys?!?!?"

In other words "Aside from 4 or so exclusives, we really don't have much at this point that would make you choose us over the competition. But stuff is coming!! Really!! Guys?!?!?"

Not really, no.

The PS3 offers a good range of games that are both exclusive and cross platform - this whole 'PS3 has no games' line is really wearing thin.

Jacky%20Boy.jpg

:rofl:

Edited by gigapixels

Not really, no.

The PS3 offers a good range of games that are both exclusive and cross platform - this whole 'PS3 has no games' line is really wearing thin.

Just the 360 has damn near 2.5x the amount in quality games. The PS3 doesn't lack games, it lacks great games. There are only maybe 3 or 4 great games out, and maybe two console selling games out. Most of their other huge titles are still "on the way" and have been for the better part of the PS3's lifespan. This all factors into that potential statement. A console isn't supposed to be like the stock market, where you hope it does well in the future. A console is to be purchased for what it has, and currently the PS3 fails in comparison to XB-360 and Wii. This is extremely noticeable by the fact Target has two game cases for both the 360 and the Wii when we only have one for the PS3, and most of the time one game takes up a few slots and many of the games there are also multiplatform.

I just want the PS3 to have these games come out once and for all. No one is explaining why they are taking so damn long, and all we are told is either that it is delayed or that they haven't determined a release date. Could it be PS3 trouble? I don't know, but these developers need to get something on the table in some consecutive order for this summer or else the 360 will drown it out with many great titles (Force Unleashed, Tales of Visperia, and many more).

Now, about cables. The difference between cheap and expensive cables is not only image quality (using low quality material means a lower quality signal) but less reliability. They usually use less of everything, which will allow the cables to wear out much quicker and break far sooner than they should. Monster cables are extremely reliable and I still have my old Monster cable for my Original X-Box. Never had any problems with the thing, nor is it even dented. I wasn't exactly kind to it either.

If you think of the PS3 as adding blu-ray for an extra $100 it's not a bad investment.

If I were to buy a console just for games though, it'd be 360.

Basically what they are saying is the PS3 has not lived up to expectations, but in time it will because of its superior hardware.

Well the 360 has basically similar hardware but a lot more games which are of better quality.

Erm..........................

If they announced FF7 exclusive* for the PS3 I would get one for myself. Come on Sony/Squenix thats all it takes and I know you can make it happen!

*not as in announced for the 360 a year after they announce it for the PS3