Girl in Fatal Wreck Sent Text Message Moments Before Crash

Telling this girl that she deserved to have her head smashed and die because she went out, had fun, then tried to be social and friendly by texting one of her friends is seriously ****ed up.

I'd rather have her back in this world than a person like you with no sympathy for human life.

Why should I feel sorry for somebody who killed themselves by acting stupid and not thinking of the consequences?

"She was 16!" doesn't excuse it, I knew not to drink and drive (and speed) when I was younger than her.

Going to parties and drinking is basically the definition of being social in the real world. I don't mean to insult, but if you don't know that by now perhaps you should get out more. Anyway, driving home when there's nobody sober to drive you (and you don't want to call your parents drunk, for obvious reasons) is basically the only option when you have a 16 year old mind.

I don't understand you. It's a horrible thing anybody died. Why is sympathy so long forgotten in the face of intoxication? Has society become so angry and unforgiving that just because somebody makes a mistake they're condemned to death? How can that possibly be right?

Don't give me that.. oh theres no one sober around.. they have Taxi's in California...

Her parent's could have picked her up. if they cared for their daughter, she could have called them, and it would not have been a problem.

When I eventually have kids, when they turn 16, im gonna tell them.. if you go out and drink.. dont even think about driving, or getting into a vehicle with someone who has drank.. that they would be able to call me at any hour of the night and i'd go pick them up no matter where they are.. if I have to work at 8 am and they call me at 7:59.. looks like i'll be late going to work.. thats just how it is.

ok seriously.. you need a reality check.. Would you rather your parents find out you're drunk, and have to pick you up, and have the possibility of being grounded.. or would you rather your parents find out that you drove your car, drunk, and texting.. then you crash and die..

Which is the best case scenario here?

My mother ALWAYS told me.. "I don't give a S*** what time it is, call me, and i'll go pick you up."

She still tells me to this day.. "If you go out and drink, call me and i'll go get you.. I don't want you drinking and driving." Why? because she doesn't want me killing myself or other people... and you know why else.. because she's a good parent.

My mother ALWAYS told me.. "I don't give a S*** what time it is, call me, and i'll go pick you up."

She still tells me to this day.. "If you go out and drink, call me and i'll go get you.. I don't want you drinking and driving." Why? because she doesn't want me killing myself or other people... and you know why else.. because she's a good parent.

Good point.

I'll use these word for my future :)

she looked like a bimbo-paris-hilton-lookalike and apparently she was a bimbo. Glad she only took her own life. My condolances to the family. But their daughter was stupid and a terror on the road

Why is sympathy so long forgotten in the face of intoxication? Has society become so angry and unforgiving that just because somebody makes a mistake they're condemned to death? How can that possibly be right?

Because she, like EVERY DRUNK DRIVER, selfishly put everyone around her on the road at risk of DEATH through their own selfish, inconsiderate, mistake.

I'm sad her parents weren't able to teach her what she needed to know not to have died this way, but I'm grateful her selfish stupid actions only killed her and not anyone else.

I personally know entire FAMILIES that have been wiped out by one drunk driver.

THAT'S how it can be "right".

that's exactly what my dad told me, except he added that there would be no consequences for calling him. in fact he told me that on my 16th b-day. he didn't care if i was underage and drinking (he always trusted me to make the right decisions), his only concern was that i didn't drive drunk

this had nothing to do with her being 16. it had everything to do with her decision to drive drunk and then text. i just hope to god it because she thought she could drive, and not because she was too scared to call her parents.

note to parents: if you don't trust your kids and treat them like adults, they won't trust you and they won't act like adults. the result is news stories like this

Because she, like EVERY DRUNK DRIVER, selfishly put everyone around her on the road at risk of DEATH through their own selfish, inconsiderate, mistake.

Badda bing!

i cant stand drink drivers... my cousin was in his car with his two young daughters and his wife was driving when out of nowhere a car coming the oppisit way swerved in front of them for a head on impact.. my cousins wife died and the driver of the other car....

he and his 2 young girls had to watch their wife and mother die and y?

because the bloke in the other car was drunk

Damn she's was hot. Stupid but hot. In the end Natural selection always wins.

That Calen dude on the Tribute comments doesn't even seem to know she's dead...

17 Jul 2008 06:46

aww ure way cutee! im calen =)

<3

2 Aug 2008 22:28

whats up princess! =D

<3

What a dick?!?!

Lol. In normal situations I would feel sorry/bad for someone who died in a crash.

In this case? No. Drunk, speeding, and texting. Brilliant combo.

Why is sympathy so long forgotten in the face of intoxication? Has society become so angry and unforgiving that just because somebody makes a mistake they're condemned to death? How can that possibly be right?

I'm sure if your family or someone you know was killed by a drunk driver you would be feeling sympathetic. She could have just as easily killed 10 people more with her, and its something so god dam easy to avoid yet people act like idiots.

Edited by / -Razorfold

looking at the myspace pic, she looks like a typical chav-like teen, dressed like a ***t, sorry but its true, and she was stupid for being drunk and using her phone at the wheel!

and 16 years old with a car?? personally I think that's way too young to be driving.

HIGHLAND, Calif. ? Authorities say a 16-year-old girl who died after losing control of her car had been texting on her cell phone moments before the accident.

Kayla Preuss, of Highland, was driving on the Interstate 10 Freeway in Redlands when she lost control of her car and crashed. She died of head injuries.

Authorities say Preuss had been driving drunk and was speeding. But another factor may have contributed to the crash.

Phone records show Preuss was texting just before the accident. Her cell phone, which was flipped open, was found resting on the floorboard by her feet.

Preuss' mother Kelly said she hopes the accident will make other people think before texting and driving.

source

Justice.

I was on a bus in Wrotham 4 & a half years ago and the freaking driver was reading text messages to his phone whilst driving.

Man, I went Ape at him.

He also lost his job.

Don't give me that.. oh theres no one sober around.. they have Taxi's in California...

Her parent's could have picked her up. if they cared for their daughter, she could have called them, and it would not have been a problem.

When I eventually have kids, when they turn 16, im gonna tell them.. if you go out and drink.. dont even think about driving, or getting into a vehicle with someone who has drank.. that they would be able to call me at any hour of the night and i'd go pick them up no matter where they are.. if I have to work at 8 am and they call me at 7:59.. looks like i'll be late going to work.. thats just how it is.

ok seriously.. you need a reality check.. Would you rather your parents find out you're drunk, and have to pick you up, and have the possibility of being grounded.. or would you rather your parents find out that you drove your car, drunk, and texting.. then you crash and die..

Which is the best case scenario here?

Thanks for that. I was going to reply to comments about my post, but you said exactly what I was going to say. (Y)

Good, another dumb bimbo we don't have to worry about. I have no sympathy for people who drive drunk. She deserved everything she got.

Couldn't agree more! I'm sure her parents are sad, but I have to ask how much they actually taught this girl. I realize kids are going to do what they want to an extent, but let's get real, her parents are partly responsible. I refuse to believe that they taught this girl right from wrong and she still did something as stupid as this.

I nominate her for a Darwin Award.

She looks like the type of person that took life for granted anyway. Let someone else fill the gap I say.

Going to parties and drinking is basically the definition of being social in the real world. I don't mean to insult, but if you don't know that by now perhaps you should get out more. Anyway, driving home when there's nobody sober to drive you (and you don't want to call your parents drunk, for obvious reasons) is basically the only option when you have a 16 year old mind.

I don't understand you. It's a horrible thing anybody died. Why is sympathy so long forgotten in the face of intoxication? Has society become so angry and unforgiving that just because somebody makes a mistake they're condemned to death? How can that possibly be right?

I don't think you understand. Maybe if you were a victim or knew someone who was a victim of a drunk driver, then you'd understand a little better. Plain and simple though, people who drink and drive don't deserve to live. When they get behind that wheel, they risk everyone's life that is around them, not just their own. Who gives a damn if she's being social and friendly. Big ****ing deal when she puts their lives at risk! Seriously, how can you even think to justify what she did.

At 16 years old, she shouldn't have been drinking anyway, so she wouldn't have had a problem driving home. But, for the sake of arguing US laws, if she knew she was going to be drinking, she should have made sure she had a designated driver. Period. No arguing that point. NEVER consider drinking unless you have a designated driver. Otherwise, you deserve whatever the hell you get.

Preuss' mother Kelly said she hopes the accident will make other people think before texting and driving.

yeah, texting and driving is not safe, but why does this article focus on texting and driving and not the DRUNK part? c'mon.

^^ Because drunk driving is old news now. Text driving is still a bit more fresh :p

How can people deny natural selection when stuff like this happens? :p

Drink driving, speeding and using a mobile phone.... What on earth was she thinking! :no: :(

Crikey, you already found out she was drink-driving, she was speeding, and that she was using a mobile phone, . . now you want to know what she was thinking!!! This is a damn surveillance society!! What happened to the Privacy Act??