'Harry Potter' Actor Radcliffe Reveals Brain Disorder

"Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe said in a British newspaper interview that he suffers from a mild form of dyspraxia, a brain disorder that is often associated with clumsiness.

In an interview with the Daily Mail to mark his Broadway debut in the controversial play "Equus," Radcliffe, 19, didn't say when he was diagnosed with the disorder but said it affected his performance in school.

"I was having a hard time at school in terms of being c--p at everything, with no discernible talent," Radcliffe told the paper.

As a result, Radcliffe said his mind was set on becoming an actor -- but he had to convince his mom after he met resistance from her to audition for the role in the British Broadcasting Corp.'s version of the Charles Dickens classic "David Copperfield," which aired in 1999.

Radcliffe, who has played Potter in five "Harry Potter" movies since 2001, is signed on to complete the remaining three films in the series.

The Daily Mail said that Radcliffe's dyspraxia "is at the mild end of the spectrum," but in some severe cases, the disease can make walking up and down stairs, hopping, jumping or kicking a ball difficult.

Radcliffe admitted that because of his dyspraxia, he has a hard time tying his shoes.

Joking with the Daily Mail, he said, "I sometimes think, 'Why, oh why, has Velcro not taken off?'"

Radcliffe's spokeswoman also told to the Daily Mail, "Yes, Dan Radcliffe does have dyspraxia. This is something he has never hidden. Thankfully his condition is very mild and at worst manifests itself in an inability to ties his shoe laces and bad handwriting."

"Potter" studio Warner Bros. announced last week that the release of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" has been pushed back from November to next July. The adaptation of the final book in J.K. Rowling's book series, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," will be split into two films, with scheduled release dates in November 2010 and May 2011.

Radcliffe is scheduled to debut in "Equus" on Broadway in September. He caused a stir when he debuted in the play on London's West End at age 17, because of full-frontal nude scene.

In an @ The Movies interview with Tim Lammers for the last "Harry Potter" movie, Radcliffe talked about the media backlash for leaping from the safe confines of Potter to the provocative role in "Equus."

"The press did a remarkably fast U-turn with 'Equus.' There was, I believe one headline in one particularly generous English newspaper which said, 'Crash. What's That Sound? It's The Sound Of A Career Coming To A Screening Halt' or something to that effect," Radcliffe said. "They were always going to say it and I was always going to set out to wrong-foot them."

source

Radcliffe, who has played Potter in five "Harry Potter" movies since 2001, is signed on to complete the remaining three films in the series.

Wait...what?

who has played Potter in five "Harry Potter" movies since 2001, is signed on to complete the remaining three films in the series.

Wait...what?

The adaptation of the final book in J.K. Rowling's book series, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," will be split into two films, with scheduled release dates in November 2010 and May 2011.

reading the entire article helps.

Wait...what?
"Potter" studio Warner Bros. announced last week that the release of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" has been pushed back from November to next July. The adaptation of the final book in J.K. Rowling's book series, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," will be split into two films, with scheduled release dates in November 2010 and May 2011.

One movie is going to be in two parts, according to his imdb page.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0705356/

Bah! Stupid Hollywood. Gimme a 5 hour movie for Deathly Hallows! Even though I've already read all the books multiple times...I don't want to watch the first half of the plot, then wait an entire year to see the end!

Bah! Stupid Hollywood. Gimme a 5 hour movie for Deathly Hallows! Even though I've already read all the books multiple times...I don't want to watch the first half of the plot, then wait an entire year to see the end!

You already know how its going to end so no big deal right? :p

they need to milk this franchise, since there aren't going to be anymore books

Yeah, until Rowling decides to continue the story in a few years :D

Also, he's gonna be nude and have sex on broadway! WTFBBQ. I just cannot see that, seriously. Everytime I think of Mr. Radcliffe, I think of that cute little boy in HP1 and just puke thinking about him having sex or being naked. Plus, thinking about him being naked is kinda gross, and, I'll shut up now.

^ IF they made the last HP X-rated, it would sell a lot more tickets. :laugh:

I'll just wait until the 'Complete Harry Potter' movies are released on DVD.

No need to waste money on a bunch of books and movie tickets.