• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[Mac Forum] New Apple Ads

LTD    0
I agree. They've been out for almost three years already and it's time Apple focuses on a new marketing strategy.

Really?

Based on what evidence?

Cormier6083    0

I don't see how this is going "too" far. I mean it's not like they're calling Bill Gates a nerd or something.

maplecookie    0

Ew

Thread Cleaned

sn00pie    2

These ads are usually comical, I think its very cool of Apple to have these advertisements, and it's definitely a great marketing strategy.

Not to mention it's working too ;)

se7en.hu    0
I don't see how this is going "too" far. I mean it's not like they're calling Bill Gates a nerd or something.

I don't mean it like that. I mean in general its been going on too long and they're getting lame. in my opinion anyway.

Redestium    1
I don't like the ads. I was thinking about buying a iMac or Macbook, but now I'm not sure what I want.

One thing that irritates me, is the whole "Mac community" thing. Is there some place Mac people go and drink coffee and talk about Apple brotherhood? Is there land or some place where this so-called "community" lives? I don't feel my computer or hardware makes me (or anyone else) any less or any better. If you have to make a big deal about what kind of computer you have, you're nothing but a douche.

People have made the comparison to participating in a lifestyle, a little creepy actually.

The ads are full of 'glitches' that date back to 1995. Anything current, like UAC, is overblown, and totally fails to mention the same system exists on a Mac.

Imagine that; an ad about what they're selling, instead of an ad laughing at the other guy. :o We'd better hope Apple never gets wind of that, they might do it.

The little guy always runs ads that mention the big guy; Pepsi's campaigns were forever comparing themselves to Coke, while Coke's ads were about Coke being great. Burger King's ads were about the Big King (ripoff a little?), while McDonald's ads were about their food and charities. And Apple can't seem to come up with a real reason to buy a Mac (at least in their ads), and so they spend their time telling you why you shouldn't buy a PC. It's not so much scary that they do this, but that they want for a customer anyone who bought a Mac because of the ads.

That's great; the site doesn't work in Fx or IE6.

http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads

No, most people wont buy a Mac from these ads but after a while of seeing and hearing about them Apple gets from you what it's after: mindshare and perception--whether that be correct or distorted.