Xbox's Fall 2008 Dashboard Update

I'm pretty sure it's only support for 1440x900 and 1680x1050

I'm not entirely sure, you see, if you read what Major Nelson's update stated:

Because you asked for it, we are adding 16X10 over VGA or HDMI, and support for 1440x900 or 1680x1050.

Note that those two resolutions are specifically stated separately so who knows what it really means.

im more excited for more than 1 person private chat support

Same Here!

Could this mean gaming night with my buds could span over multiple games without ever loosing (or having to restart) a chat session? I believe it does!

Now only if this dash update came out in time for Tiger Woods 09.

[sigh]

i remember the last autumn update and i was on for hours when it was delayed...

I think i was so disapointed afterwards to be honest i havent even bothered to try and find out whats coming this time.

Hopefully not setting any expectations will make me appreciate this one :)

Yes I am always for Change, so having a completely new Dash it something I look forward to.

Hopefully the marketplace part is very well organized, thats something we have not seen.

I do hope the marketplace is organised better because at it's current state it is very chunky and hard to find stuff quickly.

I am very much looking foward to the installs part of the update.

It does make you wonder if we will see a bigger HDD come along the way.

They've definitely said the marketplace is getting a re-jig in terms of organisation. Plus you'll be able to control what is downloaded to your console from your PC as well, which works brilliantly for me.

I'm not entirely sure, you see, if you read what Major Nelson's update stated:

Note that those two resolutions are specifically stated separately so who knows what it really means.

Xbox 360 max upscaling is FullHD = 1920x1080p.

Ahh but that doesn't mean it can't necessarily handle a 1920x1200 image with nice black borders around the extra pixels (Although it does severely reduce the chances of it being supported).

Ahh but that doesn't mean it can't necessarily handle a 1920x1200 image with nice black borders around the extra pixels (Although it does severely reduce the chances of it being supported).

Yup, me thinks that too :yes: .

there will be black bars for 16:10 resolutions?

That would be the obvious and (ironically) sensible thing to do since there's no guarantee that showing extended areas of the screen wont bring up some crazy garbage on come games that never anticipated it before.

That would be the obvious and (ironically) sensible thing to do since there's no guarantee that showing extended areas of the screen wont bring up some crazy garbage on come games that never anticipated it before.

yup, no game anticipated it, every xbox game is 16:9.

I'm using 1280 x 720 with a 19" WS PC LCD (1440 x 900 native res), I can hardly notice stretching, but yes, black bars will be fine if they are small, time to experiment in photoshop ;)