Guys,

Just moved house leaving my old 360 and games at home for my little brother. I know, what a nice guy. Have now picked up a 40" 1080p Sony Bravia and a new 360. Want to get a dream compliment of games. I haven't been in the loop so don't know much. Only thoughts so far are:

• COD4
  • Madden 2009
  • Pro Evolution Soccer... or should I wait for the new one?

I desperately need to beef out that list, looking to buy 10 or so games. Thoughts?

Mikmo

Halo 3, Gears of War (and get GoW2 in a bit), Battlefield bad Company. Grand Theft Auto + mass Effect Also. Bioshock.

If you don't have a PC also Orange Box...if you have a PC get it on that.

Some coming out soon to look out for are the before mentioned Gears of War 2, Fable 2, Far Cry 2, Banjo Kazooie, maybe Viva Pinata 2. Ohh and Fallout 3

Mass Effect

Bioshock

Orange Box

GTA IV

CoD4

Gears of War

Devil May Cry 4

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution

Burnout Paradise

SoulCalibur 4

Those would be the 10 current games I'd buy :)

Of course lots of good ones are coming out soon, so it's up to you if you want to wait.

Edited by Matrix XII

Guys,

Just moved house leaving my old 360 and games at home for my little brother. I know, what a nice guy. Have now picked up a 40" 1080p Sony Bravia and a new 360. Want to get a dream compliment of games. I haven't been in the loop so don't know much. Only thoughts so far are:

• COD4
  • Madden 2009

I desperately need to beef out that list, looking to buy 10 or so games. Thoughts?

Mikmo

This may help (Y)

Guys,

• COD4
  • Madden 2009

Mikmo

Could you possibly spend some of the money on the real world?

Or save some for Starcraft 2?

See as a PES fan I'd have said get PES 09 but, it wasn't great last year and FIFA08 was better. So I am inclined to say get FIFA 09 instead.

Wow, that was odd coming out of my mouth…

Also, get some MS points. Braid is an AWESOME game. Shouldn't be overlooked. Geometry Wars Evolved2 is supposed to be good too but I haven't played it.

A friend of mine has preordered Fable II before he has bought an Xbox… so that's high on the agenda too it seems.

Halo 3

Bioshock

Orange Box

GTA IV

Viva Pinata

skate.

Devil May Cry 4

Burnout Paradise

Rock Band

Those would be the 10 current games I'd buy :)

Of course lots of good ones are coming out soon, so it's up to you if you want to wait.

Fixed to resemble what I'd get. I removed one game to cover the cost of Rock Band.

Cheers for the replies guys. Settled on my list of intial games:

COD4

Rock Band (is this any good with controller and no set?)

Mass effect

Madden 09

Soul Calibre 4

Devil May Cry 4

Bad Company

Will get Fable II and new PES when they come out. Any other future priorites for you guys?

COD4

Mass effect

Madden 09

Soul Calibre 4

Devil May Cry 4

Bad Company

Will get Fable II and new PES when they come out. Any other future priorites for you guys?

It's funny that you wrote Soul Calibur the wrong way, and at the same time the right way. :laugh:

Anyway, about rock band with a controller... 3 words: not gonna happen.

COD4

Mass effect

Madden 09

Soul Calibre 4

Devil May Cry 4

Bad Company

Far cry 2, Gears of War 2, Fallout 3..

You'd actually be better waiting for Rock Band 2, it's only a month or so away.

COD4

Mass effect

Madden 09

Soul Calibre 4

Devil May Cry 4

Bad Company

The reason Rock Band and Guitar Hero are fun is because of the instruments. Playing it with a controller it ends up just being another reaction based game. I'd however wait till next month and pick up Rock Band 2 and Instrument set as the drums are supposedly going to be quieter.

Have you got Live subscription?

Get a cheap 12 month one off eBay, just check the feedback for genuine ones. Price would be around ?25.

Also, you could try renting games before you buy them to see if you like them. Most of the games have demo's on the Live marketplace to try as well for free (no subscription required)

I duno the prices in the US (edit or UK or wherever), but if you get those 7 games on your list will you be able to afford them and the other two if one of the titles if Rock Band? I duno to be honest, but it could prevent you falling under 500 if you want 9+ titles.

DrunknMunky - Far cry 2, Gears of War 2, Fallout 3. These too will def be aquired when released!

Ricardo - Apologies for my anal spelling :p

Draken - You have too many games!

Smigit - ?500 will absolutely get those games, particuarly when some are older so cost ?25ish.

.KICK - Do indeed have Live, don't enjoy gaming without it generally.