• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

XP vs. Vista

non.sequitur    0
And you are the admin for those OS's?

No, I'm not an admin. As I said, I'm a programmer. We have groups that do different things. I talk to the systems group and they give me their opinions on OSs. I work a lot with UNIX and it is more stable than any Windows OS ever thought about being. Dispute that now.

ViperAFK    797
How about you scan it and upload it, because right now you seem as credible as a one legged prostitute.

QFT

NEVER85    248
No, I'm not an admin. As I said, I'm a programmer. We have groups that do different things. I talk to the systems group and they give me their opinions on OSs. I work a lot with UNIX and it is more stable than any Windows OS ever thought about being. Dispute that now.

I dispute you actually having a job.

chrisj1968    1,417
No, he programs the drivers for them. :)

hence the reason that the drivers he wrote sucked. ;)

bulletin-pic1.jpg

hey even XP sucked until the first or second SP was released.

LostCat    1,370

That does seem unlikely.

non.sequitur    0
I dispute you actually having a job.

Funny! I'll tell you that I make 6 figures too, so now you can dispute that. I'll still get paid though, either way, so "dispute" away...

NEVER85    248
So now you know where I work? Maybe I work with a company that works closely with Microsoft (close enough that I talk to their employees on a daily basis sometimes), ever think of that?

I'm willing to bet you don't. You have no credibility whatsoever.

Sethos    270
So now you know where I work? Maybe I work with a company that works closely with Microsoft (close enough that I talk to their employees on a daily basis sometimes), ever think of that?

No one thought of that, because you don't.

chrisj1968    1,417

Well if you did, you can bet that if your posts got out to MS, you might be out of a job due to betrayal.

LiqHead    0

Of for the love you idiot. EVERY OS has it's flaws. God help us if you're programming anything.

non.sequitur    0
I'm willing to bet you don't. You have no credibility whatsoever.

That's fine, believe what you want. Like I said, I'm still getting paid.

Eric    1,605

Apparently you work with a close associate of Microsoft's that has a need for lots of IBM Unix and Solaris drivers?

NEVER85    248
That's fine, believe what you want. Like I said, I'm still getting paid.

In legos or chocolate dollars? Perhaps in gummi bears? Daycares can be fickle.

LiqHead    0

You need to be fired.

LostCat    1,370

Haven't seen a thread destroyed by one person in a while. I think I'll go elsewhere.

non.sequitur    0
Of for the love you idiot. EVERY OS has it's flaws. God help us if you're programming anything.

That's right. Just so happens Vista has more than XP, and a *lot* more than UNIX (Solaris, AIX). You probably don't even know what AIX is. Now run off to Google, look it up, and come back in here and try to sound smart.

NEVER85    248
That's right. Just so happens Vista has more than XP, and a *lot* more than UNIX (Solaris, AIX). You probably don't even know what AIX is. Now run off to Google, look it up, and come back in here and try to sound smart.

You've been trying to sound smart as well, and failing miserably.

LiqHead    0

Are u serious? Listen "Billy", I have been at this for awhile and you are just running your mouth. You have no creds and as far as i'm concerned nobody believes you anyway so stfu and go away. Maybe Brandon would like to talk to ya?

non.sequitur    0
You've been trying to sound smart as well, and failing miserably.

When I came in here I gave my opinion on XP and Vista. You couldn't just disagree and leave it at that. You kids had to start with the personal attacks, and the stupid comments. You wanna disagree, then disagree, and leave it at that. But you can't do that, can you?

LiqHead    0

LMAO... Just go away.

chrisj1968    1,417
When I came in here I gave my opinion on XP and Vista. You couldn't just disagree and leave it at that. You kids had to start with the personal attacks, and the stupid comments. You wanna disagree, then disagree, and leave it at that. But you can't do that, can you?

when I first got Vista..Hated it! i had all the specs on a 2 yr old PC. But when SP1 released..I tried it again, you know, give her a new spin. Now I like it.

The UAC? great stuff, my son can't start stuff without permission if I have to step away to ****. But the only grip eI still have is, it eats up alot of harddrive space, I think my windows folder is 15GB or more now. I have Vista business 32bit.

I play PC games and they run REAL good now. my compaq also got a bios update so that helped

non.sequitur    0
Im getting a new laptop pretty soon im not sure to get it preinstalled with xp or vista since vista just came out and its not really stable

You see what you started TS, shame on you. Seriously though, if you have to go with a Windows OS, in my opinion I would go with XP w/sp3 until they get Vista straightened out some more. You could use Vista and might like it (as I've said I use both, and have a few machines with Linux, XP, Vista, etc) but my opinion, any the opinion of many others is that XP is still the better choice. Either way you can't really go wrong. You could dual boot, then wipe out XP if you like Vista, or the other way around. Or just install Vista and have an XP cd ready in case you don't like it.

ViperAFK    797
Go with XP. They don't call Vista "Windows ME II" for nothing you know. It's garbage.

first stupid comment in the thread

jesseinsf    85

Go with Vista, I have not found a virus that is compatible with vista yet. Maybe because they change the name to certain folders that pre-Vista Viruses use :) And UAC (User Account Control) now is like any other operating system. UAC only prompts you when you or a program needs to access system files or administrative tasks. You will also get the UAC prompt if you start poorly written programs. If you buy a new computer then you don't have to worry about the pricey versions because the one you choose is included and preinstall with the price you pay for the whole computer.

Edited by jesseinsf

non.sequitur    0
when I first got Vista..Hated it! i had all the specs on a 2 yr old PC. But when SP1 released..I tried it again, you know, give her a new spin. Now I like it.

The UAC? great stuff, my son can't start stuff without permission if I have to step away to ****. But the only grip eI still have is, it eats up alot of harddrive space, I think my windows folder is 15GB or more now. I have Vista business 32bit.

I play PC games and they run REAL good now. my compaq also got a bios update so that helped

Dude, I see what you're saying, I really do. I admit, it IS better now than at launch (it should be!). I use them both now. But if I had to use just one, right now it would be XP. Just my opinion. They did a lot of stupid things with Vista: UAC, the six(?) different versions, etc. Why ON EARTH would you make so many versions of the same OS? That's just crazy. Not to mention the price is insane for the "Ultimate" version. I like the Apple commercial where the guy says "Apple just has one version that comes with all the things you need". You ever see those "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" commercials? Of course you have. Go to apple.com and watch them all, Apple makes Microsoft look absolutely idiotic in those ads, they're quite funny. They have a funny way of pointing out a lot of Microsoft's mistakes.