XP vs. Vista

non.sequitur
Nope... But I also haven't called anyone names or trolled. Oh, and I've finished reading the Wikipedia article. 99% of that stuff was removed either because it was extinct or because it was a big security hole or because it was unstable.

So if they remove something because it's unstable, they screwed up, no? Shouldn't it be stable? They made a lot of promises and just didn't deliver, you disputing that? Look at the "Ultimate Extras", they even got slammed for those since they weren't delivering them on time. Let's face it, this whole Vista release has been a disaster, are you going to argue that fact with me? If Microsoft could do this over they'd do it totally different. Actually, they'd probably screw it up again, but they'd TRY to do it totally different.

I haven't called anyone names, or trolled. You just don't like my opinion so you (and/or others) have to flame me and resort to personal attacks, which is fine, doesn't bother me.

No the question should have been worded "Did you?" The second statement should have been worded "Didn't the teacher". Now... stfu "Billy"

13 doesn't count.

Weren't you leaving?

Sethos

I'm going to install Vista in a minute thanks to you, non.sequitur, thanks for all the advice (Y)

LiqHead
So if they remove something because it's unstable, they screwed up, no? Shouldn't it be stable? They made a lot of promises and just didn't deliver, you disputing that? Look at the "Ultimate Extras", they even got slammed for those since they weren't delivering them on time. Let's face it, this whole Vista release has been a disaster, are you going to argue that fact with me? If Microsoft could do this over they'd do it totally different. Actually, they'd probably screw it up again, but they'd TRY to do it totally different.

I haven't called anyone names, or trolled. You just don't like my opinion so you (and/or others) have to flame me and resort to personal attacks, which is fine, doesn't bother me.

Weren't you leaving?

I was but this is too funny.

non.sequitur
I'm going to install Vista in a minute thanks to you, non.sequitur, thanks for all the advice (Y)

Go ahead, I use them both anyway. Is this supposed to bother me or something?

LiqHead

Hell... i'm gonna install ME just for the hell of it.

Go ahead, I use them both anyway. Is this supposed to bother me or something?

You need to get a life and an education. Jesus.... ignorant little kids. LoL.

non.sequitur
Hell... i'm gonna install ME just for the hell of it.

So....you're leaving then? Bye...

non.sequitur
You are stupid lol

Wow, is this the best you can do? I'm impressed.

Sethos

Viper, is that Adam in your avatar :rofl: ?

ViperAFK

Yes it is :laugh:

non.sequitur

Uh....obviously it is...

In before lock.

Weren't you here already? A lot?

Yes it is :laugh:

So how do you like Vista x64? Any issues? Why such a small HDD?

Eric

Weren't you leaving?

No. Replacing the audio stack with a better one isn't screwing up. Now if my sound driver crashes the whole OS doesn't go with it. I had to toss my Creative Labs card because they can't write drivers worth a crap, but that's ok. The onboard sound is better anyway. (Maybe you can help them with their drivers?) Getting rid of ATM and X.25 protocols is a no-brainer. Anyone that would still need those is probably still running legacy hardware and an older version of Windows that supported them.

I dispute the undelivered promises. They promised a fast, stable OS. I got that, and it looks great. The "Ultimate Extras" were just that: extras. Ultimate has every feature available in all versions of Vista. That's what it's intended to be.

...and now you've returned to spewing crap that you assume everyone agrees with just because you said it. I wouldn't consider it a disaster at all.

And wandering into a thread where someone asked which OS would be better, whether the OP was serious or not, and just saying "Vista is teh ME-II. It's garbage." is trolling. As a matter of fact, every time you hit that reply button, Neowin told you what you were typing was against the rules!

You also may not join a discussion for the purpose of destroying it by making lame and unhelpful comments. Such people will be dealt with accordingly. In summary, no flamebaiting, no trolling and no personal attacks.
ViperAFK
Uh....obviously it is...

Weren't you here already? A lot?

So how do you like Vista x64? Any issues?

As I have previously mentioned, no problems at all. I personally love xp but like vista better, so I really find this whole thread ridiculous. As an open minded individual I also enjoy using Linux and OSX, and I don't think any of them "suck"

LiqHead

Sounds like little "Billy" was just trying to start ****. Figures. Mommy didn't love ya enough non?

+warwagon

Ah, the great Vista debate. The Debate which turns men into boys.

I’ve been using Vista Business 64bit for 7+ Months and it’s been great. Only ever had 1 blue screen and that was Nvidia’s fault (Vista told me so). As a whole I would say Vista does feel bloated or heavier than XP at lease with the default black skin and the new welcome screen. Although it does feel like it performs faster than XP but only if you have enough ram. To little ram (512 or below) and it runs like ass, Above 2 gig’s and it runs great. If you can afford 4+ gigs of memory go for it. You won’t be disappointed.

As of recent there was talk about how vista’s Security was broken and how hackers could penetrate it. Well I listened to a “security now” Episode about it. It’s not vista’s fault, it’s the fault of 3rd Party developers. Before I listened to the podcast I had no idea that an application had to support things like “Address Space Layout Randomization” before it could benefit from it.

All in all Vista is far from the total train wreck people make it out to be. Embrace it and enjoy it.

DigitalE
Now why don't you call for a mod, so he can give you a warning for personal attacks? No reason to call someone an idiot, buddy.

No reason to call someone a baby, either. Come on people, let's be civilized.

What were we supposed to be talking about? Oh, Vista. While it may indeed be true that XP is marginally "faster" than Vista, Vista has many more features and is much easier to use.

Reasons I like Vista:

The breadcrumb system in Explorer makes it simple to move between folders

Tablet support + Media Center both (you can't get both of these features on XP, you're stuck with either one or the other.)

Easy to launch applications with the search bar in the start menu

UAC actually works and protects you from malicious programs

non.sequitur
No. Replacing the audio stack with a better one isn't screwing up.

I was thinking more about WinFS when I said that. No the audio updates.

Now if my sound driver crashes the whole OS doesn't go with it. I had to toss my Creative Labs card because they can't write drivers worth a crap, but that's ok.

They actually just fixed this, with the latest drivers. Guess you tossed it for nothing.

The onboard sound is better anyway. (Maybe you can help them with their drivers?) Getting rid of ATM and X.25 protocols is a no-brainer. Anyone that would still need those is probably still running legacy hardware and an older version of Windows that supported them.

I have no problem with what they did with the audio.

I dispute the undelivered promises. They promised a fast, stable OS. I got that, and it looks great. The "Ultimate Extras" were just that: extras. Ultimate has every feature available in all versions of Vista. That's what it's intended to be.

They promised WinFS. They didn't deliver.

...and now you've returned to spewing crap that you assume everyone agrees with just because you said it. I wouldn't consider it a disaster at all.

I made no such assumptions about people "agreeing with me".

And wandering into a thread where someone asked which OS would be better, whether the OP was serious or not, and just saying "Vista is teh ME-II. It's garbage." is trolling.

That's an obvious joke. Calling it garbage is not such a stretch though.

As a matter of fact, every time you hit that reply button, Neowin told you what you were typing was against the rules!

OMG, now I'm scared. Am I going to jail? <shivers> So I can assume that when the other 5 or so people replied to my posts and broke the rules, Neowin "told" them what THEY did was against the rules?

LiqHead

Well a mod should shut this thread down. Completely ridiculous. There are plenty more of the same.

non.sequitur
As I have previously mentioned, no problems at all. I personally love xp but like vista better, so I really find this whole thread ridiculous. As an open minded individual I also enjoy using Linux and OSX, and I don't think any of them "suck"

Fair enough. As I've said all along, you're entitled to your opinion. Unlike others in this forum, I won't throw a hissy fit because we don't agree on everything.

Well a mod should shut this thread down. Completely ridiculous. There are plenty more of the same.

A minute ago you didn't need a mod. Now you need one again? Which one is it? You of course always have the option to just simply get out.

pyehac

Dang, I knew I should have done some tests on gaming between XP and Vista before I upgraded.

The only difference I saw is when one of my games crashed in Vista, it generates an error message to submit to Microsoft. Don't know if that happened in XP because my games didn't crash in XP.