9 Days Left?

This is 4.4 Billion worth of GUESSWORK and idle conjecture to find information that they BELIEVE to be there and that will not benefit anyone in the slightest. A bunch of blind people groping in the dark, black hole that they obsess about. The few that understand the futility and uselessness, ultimately, of what they are doing should be ashamed of themselves for setting up a big TOY, and the unfortunate others who have been sucked into this due to it's indisputable impressiveness can only hope to realise how silly this all is.

Scientists have very inaccurate ideas about how the Earth came into being, let alone the universe, and the guesswork gone into declaring the Earth is 14 billion years old needs serious consideration, because that's all it is: a best guess. We dont need guessing scientists. We need scientists to be of benefit and use to mankind, not flit about doing spectacular and impressive "experiments" because they have convinced themselves and a lot of others by the looks of things that they are "essential"!

Sorry but all inventions and progress were made by experimenting stuff , Vacines were due to experimenting ( Like what does little bacteria will do etc etc )

People also thought it wasnt possible to go to the moon and blowed several Billions attempting it because They Believed it was possible and they were obessed with it etc etc.

Just turn on the button , if the earth gets sucked dont worry you wont have lawyers to sue you or anyone to tell ya , " I Told ya "

If it all goes wrong - then we can document it and learn from it. Oh wait...

Maybe some intelligent life form will find remnants of our civilization. Oh wait...

This is 4.4 Billion worth of GUESSWORK and idle conjecture to find information that they BELIEVE to be there and that will not benefit anyone in the slightest. A bunch of blind people groping in the dark, black hole that they obsess about. The few that understand the futility and uselessness, ultimately, of what they are doing should be ashamed of themselves for setting up a big TOY, and the unfortunate others who have been sucked into this due to it's indisputable impressiveness can only hope to realise how silly this all is.

Scientists have very inaccurate ideas about how the Earth came into being, let alone the universe, and the guesswork gone into declaring the Earth is 14 billion years old needs serious consideration, because that's all it is: a best guess. We dont need guessing scientists. We need scientists to be of benefit and use to mankind, not flit about doing spectacular and impressive "experiments" because they have convinced themselves and a lot of others by the looks of things that they are "essential"!

+1 !

I second that !

I agree, learning things is bad, we should stop all investigation into how things work.

i can tell 75% of those who read this thread now have REM playing in their heads.

Well, I do now. *sigh*

I don't think there's enough of a danger element, considering all the factors. There may be Black Holes created, but not big enough, and not for long enough.

If I'm wrong, however, it's been nice chatting with you guys and gals.

and that will not benefit anyone in the slightest.

Why not? Who's to say what may be discovered. I am no expert, but it seems to be that anything new that is discovered could ultimately have a benefit in the future. Not straight away, but with time.

:rolleyes:

It's not going to destroy the earth, make a black hole, supernova, hydrogen bomb, blah blah blah etc etc. It will, however, enable particle physicists to conduct experiments that have never before been possible.

Human nature is kicking in here; there's a lot of money involved in this project and some doomsday fanatics want a piece of it. Sigh...

A CERN spokesman said: ?It will not be producing anything that does not alreadhappen routinely in natureb>.?

Routinely? Then what's with the 17 mile long machine?

So the whole world gets rapid weight, loss we wake up on a new planet where girls have three boobs, sex is law on all beaches, crime is non existent and we all hhover chairs and computers can run Crysis.

Ooooh, hover chairs. Count me in!

Anyway, since this is happening on the 10th, are the new iPods going to be announced in time or not?

Routinely? Then what's with the 17 mile long machine?

Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Sorry but all inventions and progress were made by experimenting stuff , Vacines were due to experimenting ( Like what does little bacteria will do etc etc )

People also thought it wasnt possible to go to the moon and blowed several Billions attempting it because They Believed it was possible and they were obessed with it etc etc.

Yeah. But how many billions of human lives did they put to risk when developing vaccines?

Either way, there's no stopping it now. So bring it on!

If anything bad happens, we will all again remember Sept 11 as another disas... Oh wait...

Yeah. But how many billions of human lives did they put to risk when developing vaccines?

Either way, there's no stopping it now. So bring it on!

If anything bad happens, we will all again remember Sept 11 as another disas... Oh wait...

potentially, every time a new virus comes out of hiding (see Ebola) billions of lives are threatened.

we are just lucky that for the most part they develop in unaccessible/sparsely populated areas of the planet.

And thats nature for you..

Yeah. Go you for posting it as it was beginning. But this is updated with a scheduled date and a dramatic "countdown" for the number of days left.

i wonder what dying in a black hole is like :)

you "expand" rapidly, which means you will be stretched to Infinite size. but you'll die fast enough, Sort Of like getting teared