GMX vs GMail

220 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• GMX
    • GMail

GMX.net is now German (it's also an ISP I think) and GMX.co.uk or .com is English.

Yes, I have a Russian German friend that works for them. She's currently working out of Munich AFAIK.

just gave gmx a go.

It felt slow and bloated, also the ui is too shiny for me.

Gmail wins because it syncs with my phone (htc hero), I get my mail, contacts and calendar shared between my phone and my google account - and thats what I need.

I vote for Gmail because i have been using it since day one and i have never had any problems with it,

It catches spam efficiently and i don't think I've ever had any mail wrongly identified as spam.

It has almost unlimited space, i can forward and send mail from any account, it's quick, easy on the eye and integrates perfectly with all other Google services.

Also searching mail is so quick and accurate.

GMX.net is now German (it's also an ISP I think) and GMX.co.uk or .com is English.

Well, it's always been German (gmx.de), but at one time (like I said, ~10 years ago), the .net domain was in English. :laugh:

At any rate, I voted for GMail.

8. There is no Gmail Application for Windows Mobile but Gmail now supports the Exchange ActiveSync protocol. Meaning Push Mail on Windows Mobile is also supported (no Contacts/Calendar synchronise though).

Regarding Point 7 for GMX Mail Pros. You can effectively achieve the same function but setting up another Gmail account, configuring the Master account to Pull Mail in from it (using Gmail's POP3 access) and then delete the Mail from the new accounts Inbox. It's not as efficient but it will work.

1) The point in bold is incorrect. Google sync for windows mobile does support caldendar and contacts. http://www.google.com/mobile/products/sync.html#p=winmo

2) Why would you use POP3? I have two gmail accounts ( 1 is Google apps email). All my emails are auto forwarded to my main account and archived in the original ones.

I have no clue why anyone uses anything but gmail.

To each his own. I can't imagine ever using GMail as my primary email.