Double Arrows on Images

All my pictures and any i add, gif, jpeg any i download ,i have a blue block in the bottom left corner with a double arrow that added itself, this does not show on photo gallery

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these? I attached a photo of the arrows

Thanks

post-259296-1221005466_thumb.jpg

Edited by bmaher
Clarified title

All my pictures and any i add, gif, jpeg any i download ,i have a blue block in the bottom left corner with a double arrow that added itself, this does not show on photo gallery

Thanks

It's the icon of the application that's used to open the images. No idea what application that is.

You can remove that however by un-marking "Show icon on thumbnails" in folder view settings.

Edited by Sir Ali

It's the icon of the application that's used to open the images. No idea what application that is.

You can remove that however by un-marking "Show icon on thumbnails" in folder view settings.

I unchecked the show icons , nothing changed, arrows still there

That didn't change anything, even when i save a thumbnail on my desktop the arrows are there

What have you installed that manipulates or displays images? Try going through your start menu and look for that icon.

I can't find anything,the picture all open with windows photo Gallery

Hmm... I'm not sure then. My Photo Gallery doesn't show any icons at all, just the pictures. Camera software, perhaps? You could always post a System Information log and we could try to trace it from there...

Hmm... I'm not sure then. My Photo Gallery doesn't show any icons at all, just the pictures. Camera software, perhaps? You could always post a System Information log and we could try to trace it from there...

the arrows show on my thumbnails in my folder , on my desktop where ever i have them , if i double click on the picture and it will open in photo gallery the arrows are gone, just shows on the thumbnails

the arrows show on my thumbnails in my folder , on my desktop where ever i have them , if i double click on the picture and it will open in photo gallery the arrows are gone, just shows on the thumbnails

I see that now... I'm at a loss. Wait: do you have Norton 360 by any chance?

Edited by GreyWolfSC

Yes i do have Norton 360

In that case, it's an icon to notify you of the backup status of files. You should be able to find a "Backup Status Indicators" setting in the options to turn it off. That one was hard to find!

• 2 weeks later...
In that case, it's an icon to notify you of the backup status of files. You should be able to find a "Backup Status Indicators" setting in the options to turn it off. That one was hard to find!
Sounds like it's a "shortcut to" setting, but i've never seen an icon like that before. Just check in the folder option settings maybe?
Sounds like it's a "shortcut to" setting, but i've never seen an icon like that before. Just check in the folder option settings maybe?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks

Hi nitekix,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

The setting to disable the backup status indicators is located under the "Settings" link in the main Norton 360 window.

1. Open Norton 360 ver 2.x.

2. Click on the "Settings" link.

3. On the right side of the window under "Quick Controls" take the check out of the box that says "Backup Status Indicators."

Thank you,

Mike