Is MSN having difficulties today?

Hey all,

I cant access my MSN all of a sudden, it went dead, i couldnt change my status from 'Busy' to 'Online' i closed MSN and opened it again and i was getting a few different messages....

'windows live messenger was unable to sign you in'

'signing into windows live messenger failed as the serviece is temporarily unavailable'

I posted about it in a chatbox on a site im on and someone else said they are having the same problem and that it is down.

however i checked the windows live status and it said ''All systems go. There are no issues at this time''.

im confused lol.

I can't sign into both of my messenger accounts at home or at work so there must be a problem

Anyone else getting issues?

Same thing here: it started with a 'entries in your HOSTS file is preventing MSN from connecting', but the fix didn't do anything. Now it also says 'service not available'. :no:

Good to know its not just me then ;)

Lets hope its back soon.

only a couple of months ago i was having big problems with MSN and all of microsofts services, but its about time they shaped up.

down through adium, so issue with MSN,, i'll live, and only noticed it was down as it was flashing the " connecting " icon

lol @ the server status: All systems are stable and running. It always says that, has it ever said "sorry the service is f***ed, try again later or go read a book!"

don't think they've every changed it.

lol @ the server status: All systems are stable and running. It always says that, has it ever said "sorry the service is f***ed, try again later or go read a book!"

don't think they've every changed it.

I thought that would be automated, obviously not then lol

Edit: im in now, but only one other person there lol

We've got 15 people here at work that sign into Live Messenger. All sorts of versions, all sorts of logins(hotmail/live/private/etc). Everyone logged in fine when they came in this morning, but anyone that may have rebooted in the last few hours or disconnected in any way can't reconnect. Those who haven't signed out at any point seem to be fine.

in my last post, i said i got in, i logged out again, and now cant get back in lol

LMAO, the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) when the fired it up created a black hole, it seems to have swallowed up Microsoft LOL

Started to work for me already (I see some people online as well)

It seems iffy right now, but does look like it's all going live again

I wonder if these are some sort of broad security updates that systematically go through the system disconnecting users then accepting requests again

We've got 15 people here at work that sign into Live Messenger. All sorts of versions, all sorts of logins(hotmail/live/private/etc). Everyone logged in fine when they came in this morning, but anyone that may have rebooted in the last few hours or disconnected in any way can't reconnect. Those who haven't signed out at any point seem to be fine.

That can mean only one thing.. the DNS servers are down

Oh yea, it aint working for me either..