Police illegally videotaped man having sex with wife in a coma

You can't assume she's not consenting, just because she can't express herself.

If you're going to say that, then you could just as well assume that if she can't express herself then she is consenting.

The truth is, if she can't express herself you have no way of knowing whether she consents or not.

He probably thought it would wake her out of the coma like Sleeping Beauty.

Isn't sexual intercourse what two people do when they love each other and want to express their love and intimacy?

You guys are sick, treating it as if he's being violent towards her, or stealing something from her or something.

I know I love it when I wake up to find I'm getting head, and my woman often wakes to find I've slipped in and she's having a nice dreamy time of it.

wtf? :blink:

the difference is it'd be illegal to have sex with an underage child even if she gives consent, while it's not illegal to have sex with your wife when she gives consent.

uhh, no, there is no difference between the two cases. An underage child cannot give consent, just as an unconscious or otherwise mentally incapable person cannot give consent. If you think one is ok, you're committed to saying the other is also, unless you want to contradict yourself, of course, but then your position goes down the drain anyways.

No one knows what it is like in a coma. Maybe it's painful for her to have sex? Maybe she doesn't know it's her husband, and thinks some starnger is raping her? No one knows, so why take a chance?

when someone is unconscious power of attorney gets handed over to their spouse (unless otherwise specified). the spouse represents the patients best interests at heart. they know best what the patient would want, which is why they make all the decisions even if the patient can't give consent

just from an ethical standpoint, who are you guys to say that the wife wouldn't be ok with it? it's her husband. you know the person she loves, completely trusts, and wants to spend the rest of her life with. the husband would know better than anyone if it would be ok with her or not. maybe she's a nymphomaniac and having sex with her could wake her out of the coma, who knows.

the only reason why you'd have a problem with it is if you thought the husband didn't have the wifes best interest at heart. and if you need proof of that then re-read the part where her sister fully supports the husband.

a wife and husband having sex isn't illegal, nor is it unexpected. the only laws against that is where they have sex, and since he is doing it in a private room then there is no problem. the only thing to worry about is whether or not the girl can get pregnant. hopefully whatever drugs she's on will prevent that

No one knows what it is like in a coma. Maybe it's painful for her to have sex? Maybe she doesn't know it's her husband, and thinks some stranger is raping her? No one knows, so why take a chance?

if you want to use that argument then what about when people bring in music to play for them? what if they hate the music and are being tortured by being forced to listen to something they'd rather gouge their eyes out than listen to? or what if the coma patient doesn't like the doctor that touches them? etc. etc.

there's no end to that argument and if it applies to one thing, then it applies to everything. there has to be a line drawn somewhere, and it's called power of attorney

Just incase anything ever happens to me I've told my hubby I DO NOT want him to have sex with me if I'm in a coma :pinch:

That raises a good point. What if she DID give him consent before she went into coma? :unsure:

That raises a good point. What if she DID give him consent before she went into coma? :unsure:

Then there would have to be clear evidence to support this.

But seriously, who keeps thinking they are going to be in a coma.

This is rape as she can't consent!

Being his wife does not make any difference. Still need consent otherwise it is rape.

i agree with the husband ... why not man .. is his wife ... i actually asked my wife is she would let me slip a sleeping pill and then have sex with her and she was ok ... or to start doing it when she was asleep and again she is ok ...

so ... just because some women/men are stuck up sexual bizatches does not mean all are the same ... again ... wtf was the police doing there in the first place ... but oh man... she being in a coma ... i don't think sex will bring her back .. then again ... who knows .. hormones

oh it just came to me ... did he use any KY? ... man... that must be dry like the desert

oh and quick edit ... this is proof my wife game me consent .. so when i do it and then she calls rape someone point me back to this post aite ...

So is marital rape legal in the states???

As ive said before, she didn't consent or even do anything suggesting sex, I consider it rape.

Just out of interest, how many of you who think it isn't rape, are married??

Also the police are aloud in the UK to use survellience if they suspect a serious criminal offence. - Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act(Ripa)

It's saddening to me to see just how many people don't understand what rape is. You are raping a woman if you did not get consent from her, regardless of who she is. I don't understand what's so hard about that concept.

-Spenser

So it's his wife, what if he thought a little sex would bring her out of the Coma?. Now if he did it all the time, it could be rape; because, sex without a woman or man's consent is Rape.

He could have tried cutting her left ear off too, that might have brought her out of the coma :)

It's saddening to me to see just how many people don't understand what rape is. You are raping a woman if you did not get consent from her, regardless of who she is. I don't understand what's so hard about that concept.

-Spenser

You'd prefer her moved on to someone else and cheater on her? breaking his vows?

I'm pretty sure his wife would approve of him having sex with her in a coma, as opposed to other women.

I suppose it is rape. At the same time the guy seems to be trying to have sex with only his wife and not cheat for his needs. In a way its romantic, my girlfriend thought so when i told her..haha. She said you better only have sex with me if im in a coma.

You'd prefer her moved on to someone else and cheater on her? breaking his vows?

I'm pretty sure his wife would approve of him having sex with her in a coma, as opposed to other women.

So if it was you in coma, would be ok to your boyfriend have your body at hes disposal to do anything he wants and insert whatever he wants inside you?

Yeah, because men are just these primitive animals that are slaves to their base desires. With your spouse in a coma, all you can think about is getting laid.

Grow up.

This guy should be worried about the well-being of his wife, not how frequently he can get his nut off. And it's not like he couldn't just go jerk it. Women aren't just a vagina with support organs attached. Maybe if some of the kids in this thread had been in a relationship before, they'd realize that.

That's a whole different point entirely and has not much to do with the fact that you need consent to have sex with another person. Being married doesn't imply consent.

-Spenser

i agree with the husband ... why not man .. is his wife ... i actually asked my wife is she would let me slip a sleeping pill and then have sex with her and she was ok ... or to start doing it when she was asleep and again she is ok ...

so ... just because some women/men are stuck up sexual bizatches does not mean all are the same ... again ... wtf was the police doing there in the first place ... but oh man... she being in a coma ... i don't think sex will bring her back .. then again ... who knows .. hormones

oh it just came to me ... did he use any KY? ... man... that must be dry like the desert

oh and quick edit ... this is proof my wife game me consent .. so when i do it and then she calls rape someone point me back to this post aite ...

Your joking right? If not your wife is weird if she is cool with you slipping her a sleeping pill so you can have sex with her. I guess her being awake is disgusting or something?

-Spenser

you say regardless of who she is, but that is not true. everything is taken into account in court. what's hard about it is that laws are not absolute. there is "wiggle" room for exceptions. the law is there to protect the victim from being harmed, physically or mentally. and in most cases, it's not a lack of consent, it's the fact that they victim expresses that they do not want to but it is forced on them anyways. the whole "lack of consent" thing is only in the law for when people get drugged against their will. rape has a negative connotation to it because it is associated with things being harmful. however he is not trying to harm his wife. he is, in fact, trying to help her.

if the husband, who has power of attorney over all things while his wife is in a coma, is doing it in the same medical sense as playing music or talking to people in a coma to help his wife then he can fight for that right in court. and the fact that he is the husband, the sister approves, and after talking to any family or friends to see their past relationship practices, he can be found not guilty and be allowed to continue.

once again, what he is doing is not malicious. the laws are not supposed to stop you from helping people which is why we have a court system. he is absolutely within his rights to try to help her and if the city disagrees he will just appeal to a higher court to help his wife