[Official] New Xbox Experience (or Fall 2008 Update)

NXE - What You Want to Know: Xbox LIVE Marketplace

Does this sound familiar? You are sitting at your computer, most likely at work or school and you check out Xbox.com (I won't tell, or will I? MUAHAHA), to see what new content is up on Marketplace. Maybe you see a new Theme you want to download, or notice that the map pack you?ve been waiting for has finally arrived.

So, you sit there and let the profanity fly (hopefully in your head) because there's nothing you can do, but wait until you get home. Those sexy Gamerpics, movies and additional levels just sit there and mock you saying, ?I know you want me, but you?ll have to wait to queue me up for the download.?

Guess what? Not anymore.

Once the New Xbox Experience launches you will be able to browse Xbox LIVE Marketplace on your PC (even using text search) ? and if you see something you like, you can add it to your queue and even purchase it right there and then. As soon as you get back home to your Xbox 360 and turn it on, the content will begin to download. Think about it ? by the time you finish getting out of your shirt and tie, or skirt, or pajamas, or pink fuzzy bunny outfit, you will have a new Xbox LIVE Arcade game to play or a new TV show to watch.

Check out the screens of Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web, comingwhen the New Xbox Experience launches.

As always, click on any of the photos for a larger version or visit our flickr set.Search Results for "Halo":o":

2928746937_e04c895c86.jpg

[/center]

Filed Under: Xbox LIVE, Xbox 360

Wow.. the new xbox.com site looks really good. I don't know what happened to the design before this one (the one between the old and new design)

but this design is really nice (Y)

Guess it's time to unplug my 360 from the internet.

Why? :blink:

You can't avoid the update, they bundle them with games ;)

That way everyone who has a 360 and not connected to Live can still be up to date :yes:

Why? :blink:

You can't avoid the update, they bundle them with games ;)

That way everyone who has a 360 and not connected to Live can still be up to date :yes:

hehe

I believe the games ask your permission before updating. If not then those games won't be allowed in my console.

I mostly use it as a media center anyway.

You can bet MS will make it compulsory for all the biggest and best games :yes:

Well I won't be getting a 360 this year if they are going to turn it into a fisher price looking Nintendo Mii ripoff. Looks like a certain competing console will be getting my money instead. I was really looking forward to a 360 though, but in the immortal words of Stan Marsh:

"This one time, about eight months ago, I saw two guys kissing down by Stark's pond. And that was the gayest thing I had ever seen until I saw the new XBOX 360 dashboard."

Well I won't be getting a 360 this year if they are going to turn it into a fisher price looking Nintendo Mii ripoff. Looks like a certain competing console will be getting my money instead. I was really looking forward to a 360 though.

:blink:

Well I won't be getting a 360 this year if they are going to turn it into a fisher price looking Nintendo Mii ripoff. Looks like a certain competing console will be getting my money instead. I was really looking forward to a 360 though, but in the immortal words of Stan Marsh:

"This one time, about eight months ago, I saw two guys kissing down by Stark's pond. And that was the gayest thing I had ever seen until I saw the new XBOX 360 dashboard."

I really, really, really hope that's sarcasm.

Over a dashboard update :rofl:

"Oh noes, I have to look at it for 5 seconds while I start up my games!"

Please, if nobody cared what it looked like and you only had to see it for 5 seconds would they even bother changing it? I respect that many people do like it, but don't be ridiculous. Many people also hate it and there should be a choice rather than having it forced on them. Personally I think it looks stupid and childish. Sorry but I don't want it, and I think there should be a way to keep the old dashboard.

Of course I'm posting this in the Microsoft console section and heaven forbid anyone have an opinion of their own. That would make them a DRAMA QUEEN. Go look around some other forums, plenty of people hate the new dash. I like Microsoft, I love my XBOX, and I would love to have the 360. I just don't want the stupid avatars and ugly bland theme.

Edited by TRC

Don't worry people, Stan Marsh didn't come out with such ridiculous claims. In fact SP loves X360 :yes: :p

Hell, we are even getting a SP game :woot:

But seriously, people are way over reacting over the NXE changes. Hell, the Dashboard now gets called a "fisher price toy", yet the same people are calling the NXE the same thing..

I'm not exactly a big fan of the PS3's XMB but it doesn't stop me using the console or updating it. And I certainly wouldn't avoid a game just because I'd need to use the new version. Wtf is up with that :no: :rofl: Lamest reason I have ever heard.

i like the 360 dash just the way it is, its simple yet functional so why does it need to be changed ? and yeah i bet this probably will cause some console problems ! microsoft and updates dont usually go well in the same sentance

Wow.. the new xbox.com site looks really good. I don't know what happened to the design before this one (the one between the old and new design)

but this design is really nice (Y)

Agreed. It's very sexy and fits the aesthetic of the Xbox 360 quite nicely. (Y)