[Official] New Xbox Experience (or Fall 2008 Update)

I don't want a gay little guy dancing around on my dashboard. :(

Well you don't have to make him a copy of your real self. You can get creative and make your avatar into a little macho man! ;)

So far it looks better than the Mii's. Altho the Mii's are meant to look more "childish." The only thing is I like the blades, will have to get used to the new UI.

BTW, I do have a Wii and a 360, so don't think my opinion is biased.

They look better in this video. Pretty neat.

Like I've said before, though, I'd really like an option to download suits for an avatar -- e.g. a Master Chief uniform, a Gears of War Cog uniform, a Bioshock big daddy outfit, etc.

Pretty neat demo. I didn't particularly care for the over-the-top attempt at cuteness (normally that sort of thing doesn't bother me, but all of the jumping and hand waving was just over excessive), but the level of customization is really cool. I wonder how many people will be honest about representing their weight through their avatar ;)

Haha, I love that you can make them burp.

On a slightly unrelated note, I'm LOVING how fast and zippy the new NXE interface is. It looks like they really worked hard on making everything more 'instant,' I really didn't see much lag at all. Here's hoping the finished product is really like that! (Y)

Pretty neat demo. I didn't particularly care for the over-the-top attempt at cuteness (normally that sort of thing doesn't bother me, but all of the jumping and hand waving was just over excessive), but the level of customization is really cool. I wonder how many people will be honest about representing their weight through their avatar ;)

Actually, this isn't just to make them "super cute", stuff like overacting in animations like this are used to better convey emotions since they don't appear to use many (if any) sounds. It might be a bit in-your-face, but you'll KNOW when your avatar is scared, happy, sad, etc.

The fact that it makes them look "cute" is just a bonus, I suppose (albeit one that doesn't appeal to everyone).

I absolutely love the new interface/menus but the avatars are meh - I do wish I could turn them off and just browse the menus, but they won't annoy me that much I don't think.

Just reminds me of my Wii/Nintendo, but clearly MS are going for that to try and chase the casuals.

so like uuhhh the moment you turn on your 360 you have to choose and avatar and you cant disable it?

That's what it looked like to me, kinda weak. I'm sure there will be an option to disable/delete the avatars.

On a slightly unrelated note, I'm LOVING how fast and zippy the new NXE interface is. It looks like they really worked hard on making everything more 'instant,' I really didn't see much lag at all. Here's hoping the finished product is really like that!

Well my 360 was quick and zippy before i had 100+ game saves and a ton of DLC on it. I'm sure the box they're using for the demo is pretty fresh.

I don't see why game saves and DLC would slow down the overall dash, I think you're just imagining things (or recent Dash updates have slowed things down quite a bit - I did notice the dashboard itself being a bit sluggish since the last one).

Right now there's 1 thing I really wish MS would definitely copy from Nintendo with all of this. Besides the motion controller, "please" give me an improved copy of Wii Sports. Specifically, Wii Bowling. That's really the only thing I like playing on the Wii (well, that and Baseball is pretty fun too, but definitely bowling for sure).

But Ayepecks, I thought it was already confirmed by MS :rofl:

;)

I'm not trying to sound rude, but why do you keep trying to cause problems with this? :huh: Yes, Microsoft said it was November. You guys said it wasn't concrete enough. Now Rock Band 2 says November, and they likely talked to Microsoft before including the teaser... is that not enough confirmation?

I brought it up a total of twice, and both in topics related to this. Let's get off this tangent bud (Y)

I'm not trying to cause problems with anything. I'm just saying, if it was so definite then it would be official. I've thought all along it would come in November, but I'm not going to just outright deny any chance of it coming sooner/later.

MS said bugger all officially or publicly. RPG-TV is just some online comic and the guy was invited to try the NXE and Lips. In fact, the original article you cling to so much isn't even there anymore. Further more, he could say anything he wants about his trip there and it seems you'd believe it, just because "MS said so". Who told him after all? He doesn't even name anyone, for all we know he spoke to the fricking janitor of all people.

Even with the Rockband 2 teaser, it doesn't mean to say it can't come sooner or later. Stop clining to something so much when it's not even official. Just getting tired of you shooting down any other possible release date and keep coming back to this lame site with "MS said so!!1!.

Has Microsoft ever stated an official date for release of updates (unless it's a week or two beforehand)? I don't recall any.

Here's the thing: a Microsoft employee said it will be released in November. Rock Band 2 included a teaser saying November. Is that not basically what you want to know? All these other "sources" have been RUMORS. Never even a hint of anything even close to being in the proximity of something remotely reliable. I went into two topics and said Microsoft said November. I never said any more than that, I said that's what I was believing. I think you really need to chill out here, because I only brought it up in two topics, and both were related to the discussion.

You're really grasping at straws saying a media outlet is just making up stuff. So should every single preview be held to the same standard? That recent Peter Moore interview... for all we know, they could have been talking to an android! :laugh:

Again: I never claimed it was official. I said it was as close to official as you can get. Just sit back, relax, and realize I'm not trying to cause any problems. I'm trying to add something to each topic for those interested. If they're not interested, I have not shoved the November date down their throats -- go back and read the posts. It's all good. (Y)