Shift One / Lite Theme Thread

Or we can use the gnome-art app and mod it to be a Shift-art app that can pull wallpapers from shiftlinux.net. I can do the modding with some help from the web side of things to get the wallpaper repo going.

Stop putting the Shift logo all over the place. It's getting really old.

S.Linux walls without logo .. :huh: ; agree with nature point.

Stop putting the Shift logo all over the place. It's getting really old.

I think we need our logo tactfully placed where it gets product recognition. Not tacky or obtuse, but we need it.

post-34335-1224027720.jpg

or even smaller arrows in less obvious places. To be quite honest, maybe we should find our own statement with Capricorn's theme.....

To be honest, I think that if the taskbar already has the logo, there shouldn't be any on the wallpaper.

To be honest, I think that if the taskbar already has the logo, there shouldn't be any on the wallpaper.

I'll agree to that! :yes:

Could someone upload the original Shift logo for me? I can't find a PNG file with only the arrows in it.

Thanks, but I need one without the text and the black. I'm gonna try to make the start button so all I need is the arrows icon :)

I also found that one but it doesn't help. I need one with only the blue and green arrows, without a background or shadows.

I guess the re-uploaded one from Cosmin will have to be used then :) It won't have the color anyways so the leftovers from the shadow aren't a problem. Thanks guys :D

I'm going to have to disagree, even with the text at the bottom of the wallpaper. In an open source community, when we even base our entire distribution on another, we can't donate a wallpaper back? Copyright shouldn't be an issue in a truly open source OS.

That's a good point to be honest. Thinking about that really takes away the reason to put the copyright text on the wallpapers.

I might have a nice nature wallpaper that my dad made this afternoon. It's with a butterfly that made a visit to our garden. I've made a few edits to it so that it fits the theme a bit better.

Teaser