[UK totally) Looking for a good cheap ISP

I'm 100% happy with the service Zen have provided me. I've been with them for a few years now (2 or 3) and touch wood, i've had NO problems.

* fast (enough for me) download speeds. Think it's somewhere like 7mbps or whatever the measurement is

* No downtime that i've noticed in all the time i've been a member

* no problems loading IE pages

basically a good RELIABLE (keyword here, RELIABLE!!!!!!) service. Beating the pants off my previous service (PlusNet) where in the end, 56k loaded faster, IE would hang on pages, night time and weekends were a NIGHTMARE to get on the net.

Basically i'm looking for exactly what Zen provide me ......... but at a much reduced rate

Is there anything out there that fits the bill?

i recommend o2. they have to have coverage in your area though, i dont know if they would in "lancaster" the 8Mb service is ?12.50 (?7.50 if you're an o2 customer so you might want to consider that too as it would save you a fortune lol)

really good reliability and amazing support LITERALLY AMAZING.

I've heard good things about BT from people here (although I don't use them). It's ?18.99 per month for the first three months and ?24.99 per month thereafter, for unlimited though. So the price difference isn't really that much.

see i'm looking long term really, so that sort of move (to me at least) isn't worthwhile.

I heard that, baically all the big names (AOL, BT, o2, anyone that is known up and down the country) isn't a reliable ISP. Many horror stories, the majority giving bad reviews etc.

When i looked into moving when i finally decided on Zen, all the good ones were companies i'd never heard of before. lol.

i'm on o2 PAYG if that counts? lol.

We're also on Sky (as in, we have sky) but i hear they're incredibly poor

see i'm looking long term really, so that sort of move (to me at least) isn't worthwhile.

I heard that, baically all the big names (AOL, BT, o2, anyone that is known up and down the country) isn't a reliable ISP. Many horror stories, the majority giving bad reviews etc.

When i looked into moving when i finally decided on Zen, all the good ones were companies i'd never heard of before. lol.

i'm on o2 PAYG if that counts? lol.

We're also on Sky (as in, we have sky) but i hear they're incredibly poor

Small firms pack up quickly (leaving you in the ****) or get swallowed up by the big names a lot of the time anyway. I have been with BT forever and have never had a problem. Service has been impeccable. Although, they're not cheap.

I've moved to Be recently (today to be exact). I've heard many good things about them, both from friends and from people online.

If you do sign up, call their sales lines and ask them to waive the connection fee. ;)