• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Wii Hacked To Run Copied Game Discs (without Modchip)

Joel    27
I fail to see how it could be against Neowin rules considering they allow Hackintosh discussions.

Hackintosh doesn't involve pirated software (well, it doesn't have to. Take an OSX disc you bought and it's legal). This specifically deals with playing copies.

addc182    1

this makes me want to buy a wii

so i can play games i have backed up on my pc that i lost the disk for :shiftyninja:

softmods ftw

Minimoose    2
Hackintosh doesn't involve pirated software (well, it doesn't have to. Take an OSX disc you bought and it's legal). This specifically deals with playing copies.

Couldn't it just be backups of the games that you've bought? So you don't have to take us much care for copies. I don't have any consoles so personally I don't mind whether this is against the rules or not.

sn00pie    2

So it's leaked (available) now? If I go out and buy a Wii and purchase Zelda, I can do this and run "backups"?

As for the hackintosh comments, I always thought Apple made it illegal to run their software on any non-Apple hardware?

The Teej    203
Couldn't it just be backups of the games that you've bought? So you don't have to take us much care for copies. I don't have any consoles so personally I don't mind whether this is against the rules or not.

Yes. It could also be modified backups of the games you've got, e.g. custom songs in GHIII.

By the way guys:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=107178

Someone else is deciding to carry on with the Wii backup loader project.

EchoNoise    1

I know I may be warned for this, but Backup Launcher 0.1 has some defects, there is a Backup Launcher 0.2 out there, but I'm not going to source it, find it yourself.

sn00pie    2

how well do these work?

whYeNQue    0
how well do these work?

they eat your dinner and burn your house down... so not perfect.

Minifig    40

Bumped unnecessarily by a spammer.