There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

• Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

Suggest me some headphones

Can someone suggest me some headphones? Looking for good sound, not overly huge/bulky, decent sound isolation and fairly cheap. Most of all, it has to be very comfortable, I'd be using this in the office all day (9+ hours)....

Thanks!

AKG K77

My main factor in buying headphones is accurate sound reproduction. Therefore anything designed for monitoring is always going to be a good choice. I know stacks of people who use these headphones in small studio environments and amateur theatre productions.

Awesome, many thanks for the suggestion guys!

I think the Sennheiser PX 100s that bluewind suggested are more in line with what I'm looking for. If there's anything equivalent with a reasonable amount of sound isolation (doesn't have to be active sound isolation) then that would be perfect. Otherwise, I think I'll pick these up, they look very good.

Thanks again ! :)

EDIT: Having looking for a similar product with a little bit more sound isolation, it looks like the Sennheiser PX200s might due the trick since they are "closed headphones"?

Edited by magik

Awesome, many thanks for the suggestion guys!

I think the Sennheiser PX 100s that bluewind suggested are more in line with what I'm looking for. If there's anything equivalent with a reasonable amount of sound isolation (doesn't have to be active sound isolation) then that would be perfect. Otherwise, I think I'll pick these up, they look very good.

Thanks again ! :)

EDIT: Having looking for a similar product with a little bit more sound isolation, it looks like the Sennheiser PX200s might due the trick since they are "closed headphones"?

I'm not sure, I have used the PX 100s and they sound very good. The bass may be overwhelming until you break them in.

If this review is any indication, I would definitely go for the 100s rather than the 200s:

sennheiser px review