I heart windows!

Wing
yes but where do they get that money?

thru hard work, it is.

some might call their marketing brainwashing, but i reckon XP rocks.

I'm saying is that even if they FAILED, they could still pour more than enough money to make a new version.

It wasnt hard work to microsoft, it was routine, no pressure.

I'd call BeOS hard work, Be used what little resources it had, with 50 developers for the whole OS, it was great, it far surpassed 98 (the latest windows version at the time) and people STILL USE IT even though the company got shot (No OEM deals at all.).

Jason

Good to see a Pro Windows post for once.

Osiris

Yeah windows is one fine ass bitch. :p

DrOmango
Yeah windows is one fine ass bitch. :p

:blink:

Batfink

Windows XP = 2nd Greatest OS Ever.... In three months I will up that to the greatest, but currently 2000 SP4 [beta] is more secure, stablity is about the same. However when XP SP2 is released it will undoubtly take the crown.

To Justify

SP1 came out in September (just before XP's 1 year birthday) and in the past Nine months Soooo Many security flaws and bugs have been found, even with all the patches from Windows Update there are many bugs. 2k SP4 has fixed them... Thats the only reason its the best... For Now

aleni

from win2k to the latest windows are r0x00rr, they are very stable and fast!

linux is so slow, gnome, kde, arghh those stuff are slow so thats why i use fluxbox, and dont ask about my computer spec, it can run unreal 2 nicely :p

martinsc

i've tried several OS's and the only one i stick with is Windows. Since Win2kProffessional and WinXpPro i guess there is nothing on the market that comes even close to it. I mean maybe Linux is more stable, but come on it is BORING. Can't wait for Longhorn to be released. :)

GO BILL GO!

BxBoy

Too all the people that say Windows/XP rocks, have you even tried other OSes?

g33kb0y

Linux:

I've tried every version of Redhat Linux since the days of 5.x. I've tried Mandrake Linux from 7.x to the new 9.xs. I've also tried Corel and Caldera Linux.

Mac:

7.5.x - 10.x.x

Every time, I've gone back to Windows. I guess it just suits me. ;)

aleni

i have tried redhat from version 6 to 8, and mandrake from 6 to 9, and windows os is the one i need, better sound quality, xmms? sux0r, a winamp copy cat

sanctified

Recently:

Redhat 8.0 (exellent GUI but didnt like it overall)

BeOS (dont like it either, just a fancy GUI)

You really think that in the moment when we try another OS'es we're going to dislike XP? please... dpnt be so close minded

BTallack

Windows, like every other OS has it's problems, but overall, i couldn't live without it. I've tried linux several times, but have always ended up going back to Windows. I also use Mac OS (9 & 10), and believe these are also good OSes, but comparing them to windows is like comparing apples and oranges.

I find people that constantly bitch about Windows obviously have never tried to use Linux, or other OSes, which really can be quite a headache.

Inertia

i recently switched to linux mandrake 9.0 for a bit, didnt last long tho, i missed XP too much

.weir

I've tried Redhat & Gentoo Linux, and Mac OS's from 8 to 10 and I'd give up any one of them for my windows . . . It's just plain easy, I love it!

loc[a]lhost

Windows XP ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's a damn customizable OS, easy to use, has a lot of features and is stable!!! win 9x was really sh*t, i reinstalled it every month cuz it stopped working :laugh: now i have my OS since i've got my new computer :) recently i have discovered another feature of XP i never knew about:

install another copy of XP in another partition, then open Registry Editor in the one you've installed, click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Now in the File menu you have Load Hive! if you do that, you can load hives from your other registry to your current one and edit them!!!!!!!!! you can find your old registry at %systemroot%\system32\config. this thing helped me a lot!!!!!!! :D :D

Nutop
,Mar 21 2003, 12:38] Recently:

You really think that in the moment when we try another OS'es we're going to dislike XP? please... dpnt be so close minded

i think a lil sunny d will turn your frown upside down

sys32

:wub: I remember my very first time using windows 3.11. Ahhh It was love at first site. Then windows ME came out and I was :broken: heartbroken. :cry: . But then, with the release of Windows XP Pro, our love grew even stronger. I tried OSX but it was a relationship based only in looks, not features. So I came crawling back to Windows. :laugh: :rofl:

Redestium

LOL. Yeah Windows is pretty great considering all it does and can do. When it doesn't work you can usually find a way to fix it and like someone said: no OS is perfect. I can't wait to see the new DirectX interface they'll have cooked up for LH. :)

no name
:wub: I remember my very first time using windows 3.11. Ahhh It was love at first site. Then windows ME came out and I was :broken: heartbroken. :cry: . But then, with the release of Windows XP Pro, our love grew even stronger. I tried OSX but it was a relationship based only in looks, not features. So I came crawling back to Windows. :laugh: :rofl:

depends on how you use it! i mean OSX

sanctified

whats that suppose to mean? :blink:

Guest jl7c2
Zeta (yellowtab.com) is going to kick windows' ass ;)

Zeta will be great. I loved BeOS (sooo fast) and it can only improve. I can't wait.

NetRyder

Windows XP is, by far, the best all-purpose OS today.

There might be better operating systems for certain specialized purposes (eg: Server 2003, FreeBSD etc for servers), but XP just has it all in good amounts.

Microsoft haters can hate all they want ... it doesn't change anything. :happy: XP rules for a reason.

bararum

It's nice to see that this hasn't turned into a flame war, but anyway while im not a windows fan i have to give props to microsoft for finally making some much needed improvements, XP is very good.

valhalla

yep i luv my XP :) Cant wait for new version to come out :)

no name
yep i luv my XP :) Cant wait for new version to come out :)

I love Windows 2003, can't wait for someone to buy me a new Mac! :p :p :p