I heart windows!

,Mar 21 2003, 09:38] BeOS (dont like it either, just a fancy GUI)

Just a fancy GUI? Bull.

Ask any avid beos fan why he likes it and he will tell you among other things, that there was a huge huge speed difference to him. BeOS will always be responsive, no matter what, no stuttering no matter how many programs were running. No slowdown at all.

The developers would tell you it was the API. How it was so much easier to program for than Win32...

About the one-file drivers. The elegance and consistancy of the GUI.

Not any OS has reached the elegance that BeOS has yet. Which is sad considering it was released in 98. I can't wait till Zeta r1 (yellowtab.com) comes out so I can experience what would of been BeOS r6.

Just a fancy GUI? Bull.

Ask any avid beos fan why he likes it and he will tell you among other things, that there was a huge huge speed difference to him. BeOS will always be responsive, no matter what, no stuttering no matter how many programs were running. No slowdown at all.

The developers would tell you it was the API. How it was so much easier to program for than Win32...

Not any OS has reached the elegance that BeOS has yet. Which is sad considering it was released in 98. I can't wait till Zeta r1 (yellowtab.com) comes out so I can experience what would of been BeOS r6.

well, my main problem was the oppossite thing, my media were terribly slow :)

Too all the people that say Windows/XP rocks, have you even tried other OSes?

yeah, used OS 8.2, 9, OS X, Linux (Mandrake 8.2 and 9, Red Hat 8 and even Lindows! LOL... I used almost all of the linux distros) But i always come back to XP. I'm no pro in the others but i like them too... i just happen to like Windows XP more. I've used NT since Win2k beta and it was my main OS and when XP came out in betas i FORMATTED and installed it clean and formatted and installed everytime a new one came out and it was my only OS. I hate windows 2k now (well just cuz of how plain it is but still a good OS) Going back to 2k from XP is whoa!

I'd also like to add my support for Windows XP. Note: I have made sure i included XP after the Windows part. WinME sucked plain out. 98 was okay but still sucked, I tried 2000 for a while but only for a week till i got a new computer. XP has NEVER crashed on me unless it is MY fault. Instances such as bad hardware or drivers and such. Windows XP has come a long way and i hope they continue this path of greatness :D

Too all the people that say Windows/XP rocks, have you even tried other OSes?

Yup.... a lot of OS'es... including other hardware architectures (mainframes included) and before most of you had born.... I'm working in IT since 1979.... :p

A good OS is not only the solid OS... It must be easy to install, easy to use, like a food processor or a TV, for the masses, for my parents and my grand-parents too... not only for "geeks" or IT related people... that's the clue... an OS must be for everyone... ;)

Edited by JHAres

I use Windows Mainly because i dont know the in's and out's on linux yet (aka Installing drivers and software) but it is getting better, i use Windows for the Hardware suport and the software support it offers me(aka Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Games, ect.)

BeOS and QNX are the best OS in terms of speed, usability, and memeory mangement IMO. Zeta looks very promising, just as long as they do somthing to solve moving windows around if their title bar is off screen.

Windows is my main OS. Currently in the process of migrating over to win 2003 from XP, and 2003 is even better if possible than XP.

However, that's not to say that i don't like other operating systems. I really liked BeOS, and i'd say its probably still my favorite OS, but its just not practical at the moment. I'm hoping that'll change when zeta comes out.

I haven't had much experience with macOS, so i can't say much about that. I have tried a load of linux distros, though - mandrake, redhat, gentoo etc, and i also had freeBSD and qnx installed for a while. all decent operating systems, but for what i want to do with my computer, windows is the best option. so kudos to microsoft for that.

I simply love XP too, it has always rocked for me since day one when it was released. Might want to migrate to Windows 2003 too when it comes out and see how it compares to XP.

I simply love XP too, it has always rocked for me since day one when it was released. Might want to migrate to Windows 2003 too when it comes out and see how it compares to XP.

So you would spend close to $1000 for a server OS just to see how it compares with XP; even though it is not made for the home user?

So you would spend close to $1000 for a server OS just to see how it compares with XP; even though it is not made for the home user?

maybe he is going to grab a warized copy, I dont agree with that but thats him

Yes I will defenately, Money is not a big deal here.

BeOS and QNX are the best OS in terms of speed, usability, and memeory mangement IMO. Zeta looks very promising, just as long as they do somthing to solve moving windows around if their title bar is off screen.

But they have no real main-stream software support...and BeOS is no longer made is I am not mistaken...

Come on stop lying people, I'm sure you people that say "oh i don't use warez software" are lying...you are probably using some kind of warez software or have in the past...

,Mar 21 2003, 18:35]
Just a fancy GUI? Bull.

well, my main problem was the oppossite thing, my media were terribly slow :)

BeOS was released in 98, so it starts to choke with new hardware because of no drivers.

Does anyone know of any guides that tell you where to download BeOS and how to install it properly? I need something to do the week after next during my week break from school...hehe...

depends, how old is your hardware?

anyways, go to beosmax.com

and bebits.com is an excellent beos software/drivers resource.

beosjournal has links to the other Be sites

i recently got an iBook and it has made me question windows

the only thing i cant do is gaming and that wasnt something i wanted or needed in a laptop

anyways i guess what do you think people are going to think about windows when you post it at neoWIN in the windows operating system section

...there is ALOT more you can do in Windows in general then with a Mac...

...example...creating 3D animation for movies, games and TV...Mac's SUCK for that kind of stuff...

...there is ALOT more you can do in Windows in general then with a Mac...

...example...creating 3D animation for movies, games and TV...Mac's SUCK for that kind of stuff...

uh, what????

that's one of the areas where Macs are absolutely awesome!

have you ever used 3d Graphics software?