I heart windows!

every OS has it's poupose. you try them and you choose the ones that suit you/your company/whatever to suite you best. thats what I love about the oc, is we have so many choices. sorry mac users. I use windows on most of my systems. and I use linux on my PDA.

...there is ALOT more you can do in Windows in general then with a Mac...

...example...creating 3D animation for movies, games and TV...Mac's SUCK for that kind of stuff...

uh, what????

that's one of the areas where Macs are absolutely awesome!

have you ever used 3d Graphics software?

lol...uh yea I am currently using 3D Studio Max as speak! What do game developers use to create FMV's, character animation, level editing and creation? PC's. 3dsmax is used in (I believe 80%) of the gaming industry...a program that IS NOT available for the Mac platform. Even the other big 3D animation program, Maya, was mainly developed for PC's..then later ported over to the Mac platform.

I, in fact, work on and off for a game studio as a game tester and there are NO Mac's in the office. I also have a friend who works @ Shiny Enertainment as a programmer for the new Enter the Matrix game...both himself and the 3d animators, modelers and animators work on...take a guess...

...on PC's...

I also have 3 friends who work @ Rainbow Studios (ATV Offroad Fury 1 & 2, Motocross Madness, Splashdown 1 & 2 and Matt Hoffman BMX 2). One is a Lead Animator, one a texture artist and another a 3D modeler...and guess what...

...they also use PC's...

IF there are Mac's in both of those companies, they are probably used for graphic design work (i.e. packaging, manuals, advertising, etc...)

Edited by jago6498

i am sure there are mac's at some places for the 2d graphic designs or even for the textures used on the 3d models and there would have to be at companies that made games for OS X also

i have used 3dsm on my pc but its not something i use all that much, i am not all that good at it, and also its something i dont need or want in a laptop

Does anyone know of any guides that tell you where to download BeOS and how to install it properly? I need something to do the week after next during my week break from school...hehe...

What no Wind Waker? ;)

Thought out of the blue: the ones who pledge loyalty to only one OS/car/computer type or food or whatever are the ones who are truely the bottom of the barrel. I think you need to experiance mulitple things to be able to enjoy life/driving/computing the fullest. :D

Who says that those people who favor Windows PC's over Mac's haven't tried Mac's before? I use Mac's from time-to-time, but only when there are no PC's available for me to use @ school. I HATE the one button mouse from Apple btw...

Thought out of the blue: the ones who pledge loyalty to only one OS/car/computer type or food or whatever are the ones who are truely the bottom of the barrel. I think you need to experiance mulitple things to be able to enjoy life/driving/computing the fullest. 

I'm pretty sure no ones pledging to just one OS, they just perfer Windows over the others

Yea, if Linux driver and program was more user friendly and if the programs I use alot (Adobe & Macromedia Apps, 3D Studio Max and Maya) were available for Linux, I'd switch in a heartbeat! I'm currently diggin' Red Hat Linux 8.0 atm...