[Official] Resistance 2

someone sign you up? pfft... and miss my chance?

actually, i dont really want to fill out all that information just for a beta code so they can sell your info to sponsors and stuff.

Well crap. Apparently I signed up to early. I wonder when the beta is actually going to start. I should get one for pre-ordering anyway.

Edited by Dirk

Resistance 2 public beta starting October 17th?

The public beta for Resistance 2 is due to kick off on October 17th according to Jersey-based etailer Play.com.

During an announcement revealing that customers who pre-order Insomniac’s upcoming FPS game from them will be guaranteed a place on the public beta, Play let slip that the beta will be available to download on PlayStation Network from next Friday. A closed beta for the game has already been running behind closed doors for numerous weeks.

So if you want a guaranteed place on the beta, go and pre-order the game from Play.com. It’s going to be good - we promise!

Resistance 2 launches exclusively on PS3 this November.

Source: http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2008/10/07/res...s-october-17th/

Pre-Order Resistance 2 from Play.com and receive access to the Resistance 2 BETA. Requires PlayStation Network access. BETA begins Friday 17th October 2008 - instructions will be emailed Thursday 16th October. Customers who have already pre-ordered will automatically be included in this offer.

hands on with the game today

Resistance 2

- by far the game of the show, I was really hyped for this and it blew my expectations away

- the first level I played was the tutorial level in Iceland (or Greenland, forgot which) and what a way to start off the game.

- your making your way through this level following the Goliath trying to take it down and fight off the Chimeras

- the action was really intense with explosions all around and lots of enemies firing at you. The action kept me at the edge of my seat

- another thing that kept me at the edge of the seat is the sound, we were playing with headphones and wow, Insomniac is not joking when they talk about the emphasis they put on the sound

- at first, I was against the whole 2 weapon thing, but with the amount of action going on you will be always running out and it makes it feel more intense. I can't really explain it, but it didn't bother me at all during the gameplay

- The AI seams a lot smarter this time. I was playing on normal and they were giving me a run for my money. They seamed to work together and user cover a lot.

- The other level I played was Orick which was much more enjoyable and more intense

- At one point there was what seamed to be around 20-30 enemies rushing at me at once and jstevenson said there are moments that get more intense

- To the people who were worried about the stealth enemies being to easy to spot, I say don't worry about it. You hear them coming, but they revel themselves at the last moment. I got killed a couple of times and so did other people I saw playing the demo.

- If you liked the first Resistance you will love this one, Nov. 4th seems way to far away

- let me say this again, the sound is amazing. That and the action is so intense, shooter of the year, I think so

- I was talking to jstevenson for a while and asked him some question which I got answers for. Apparently the coop mode lasts longer then single player (15 hours) and that not counting the countless hours you will take replaying it. The beta will have clan support, but like with all betas the servers will be whipped after it ends. Also, there is a weapon that we still haven't seen yet. If you have any questions just shoot them

- Resistance 2. Without a doubt, Resistance 2 was my game of the show! Cutscenes were great, newer weapons, bigger and meaner Chimeras, fast paced action. Very user-friendly yet challenging. I played two levels today: Iceland and (i think) California. Iceland was more of a tutorial since it's the very first map. It starts off where Resistance originally left. Nathan Hale is taken in by the clovens but halfway through their journey they get attacked by Chimeras. This map has the one of the largest boss in the game according to Jstevenson. The massive stalker (sorry. Don't know it's name but it's massive and it's like stalker from previous game) shoots the chopper down. From there, you make your way through the chimeran army to get to another chopper. One of the creatures I witnessed in the game was like a mini-angel, and he freaking talks to you about being free or something. It freaked me out lol.

The second level i.e California, however, was much more badass than iceland! Once again, not sure if it was California or not but the cutscene (gorgeous btw) started with Army trucks driving down the road with Nathan Hale in charge and them getting ambushed. Visuals were ****ing amazing for this game! Voice acting and action sequences are dozen times better than the first Resistance. I don't know if it's just a demo thing or not but i could carry only two weapons at a time instead of the whole arsenal i.e. the way it was in the previous game. The game screams half-life and that's a great thing IMO. The chimeras that really freaked me out were Chameleons. Chameleons, if you people haven't seen it before in cutscenes (i didn't), are huge creatures that have the ability to cloak. Worst of all, they rush at you and one hit can kill you. It's also vice versa as small amount of hits can kill them, making it a great tic-tac-toe of death. The map had alot of open environment and jungle so them appearing definitely freaked me out. They charge at you and when they do, the screen trembles with their footsteps, alerting you to seek and destroy.

Edited by Audioboxer

Bubble shield eh ;) Wonder where they got that from :o

:p

(that is a jk btw, don't all rush to flame! lol)

By the way, that's half a bubble shield and therefore not a copy! OKAY?!

Bubble shield eh ;) Wonder where they got that from :o

:p

(that is a jk btw, don't all rush to flame! lol)

By the way, that's half a bubble shield and therefore not a copy! OKAY?!

If anything they got the idea from the backlash grenade from the first game, which created a shield around where it was deployed and returned fire at whoever shot it.

Which of course has been in since the beginning, a few months before we saw a certain trailer for a certain halo game that first showed off a certain bubble shield. :p

Not that it matters either way through, a cool weapon is a cool weapon no matter what game.

I really need to buckle down and finish the first one before all these new games come in. The LBP beta has been taking a lot of my time.

I really need to buckle down and finish the first one before all these new games come in. The LBP beta has been taking a lot of my time.

i thought the first one was never going to end! everytime i'd say "ok, that's it" here comes another loading screen. about 2/3's through i had enough.... but it was satisfying to finish.