All-Glass Firefox

I know how to change mine, and I know everything was perfect before, because Ambroos and myself worked on it to figure it out... But after I updated to the new Glasser and Styler.. It broke... My bookmarks and tabs bars are both solid black, were as everything else is clear

Just repatch the glasser JS :) Updating unpatches it.

While I think that this looks very good, I find that it almost uses the Aero Glass feature a little too much. Is there a way to make the status bar the same as in Internet Explorer, along with the bookmark and tab bars? That would look a little better in my opinion. Keep up the good work!

Well then just use Glasser without stylish and without patching the JS. Using my mods is exactly what makes it so over-aero.

you know what I think fixed it... I went to my user folder and manually found it.. Unlike last time where I just went to my computer and typed out %AppData% and went to the folder from there

The second instruction is confusing. Here's how it should read (IMHO). :)

2) First, navigate to this directory

%AppData%/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/**YourFirefoxProfileName**/extensions/glasser@sixxgate.com/chrome/content

Note that you can find %AppData% by typing it in a command prompt, but for most users it will probably be a hidden directory in this location "C:\Users\**YourVistaProfileName**\AppData\Roaming\"

Note also that if you are the only user in your account, then **YourFirefoxProfileName" will only be one (and it is weirdly named) in the above directory.

ONCE YOU FIND the right directory, then you will find an old dwm-overlay.js file there and then you...

Rename your old dwm-overlay.js to dwm-overlay.js.backup to back it up.

Copy my modified dwm-overlay.js over to the folder.

That fixed everything for me! I hope that helps. It took me a bit too.

BTW This theme is AWESOME. Bravo!!!! 8)

Thank you SO much! Very clear, theme is pretty sweet!! :)

Great work Ambroos , but too bad that it`s not working while Web Developer toolbar is installed . if u can fix this it will be awesome :)

Great work Ambroos , but too bad that it`s not working while Web Developer toolbar is installed . if u can fix this it will be awesome :)

Hmm.. That toolbar does bug 3.1 (beta) for me, but in 3.0.4 it doesn't bug all the theme. It does look bad... I think it's because the toolbars define their own background. Fixing this requires me to go edit the strata theme or the addons code, and I'm all but experienced at that, so I can't do that... Sorry!

Hey Ambroos, if it isn't too much aside from looking at Firefox 3.1 please check out this black area in this screenshot. This happens to all those smaller popups for certain pages. This happens to the plain Aero style as well, I'm using the SteelFlash Style if its necessary as well

post-240662-1227776080_thumb.png

Hey Ambroos, if it isn't too much aside from looking at Firefox 3.1 please check out this black area in this screenshot. This happens to all those smaller popups for certain pages. This happens to the plain Aero style as well, I'm using the SteelFlash Style if its necessary as well

*snipmage*

I'll have a look at it

Edited by bmaher

Had a look at it, and it seems like that's something that has to be edited in the Javascript, and I don't understand anything of that file :p sorry!

• 2 weeks later...
I like it, but why don't I get the "glass" look when my window is maximized?

That's the way aero is designed, ANY aero window in vista does this in ANY program...go ahead and maximize an explorer window, same thing.

Well that just stinks. What's the point of having non-maximized windows? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a large monitor? It's like buying a 61" tv and setting it to 4:3 letterbox when playing movies and games.

I'm having the same issue as a few others, The tabs, bookmark, And half of the search bar is black and unglassed. If i open no tabs then it's fine.

I followed the instructions to the letter. And read every post posted so far. Nothing helping =/

Disabled every addon except stylish and glasser even, still no luck

Any ideas?

EDIT:

I am also using FireFox 3.0.5 and Glasser 1.0.16 if that effects anything

post-274734-1229912779_thumb.jpg

post-274734-1229912800_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hellbringer616

Thanks for this killer look!

But I'm trying to get the tab bar on top of the address bar (like chrome does). I've tried all the Stylish Userstyles for this and they work but leave that bottom border that is under the tab bar showing up against the address bar.

Could you please see if there is anything that can be done to remove this border form underneath the tab bar so that it is seamless integration to the glass?

Thanks!!! :D

Can someone help me, it is possible to extend glass to the the whole bookmarks sidebar? If it possible, what I need to write into the patched dwm-overlay.js file?

Hi there!

Development at this stage is indeed done. I'm not good enough in Firefox coding stuff to do the more advanced things some people asked here... Sorry!

I will keep this style updated though, but as long as you don't hear anything from me it's still perfectly working on the latest (released) Firefox!

- Ambroos