Dark Knight Sequel

Ugh.. are you serious? The transcript of the movie was released and it described him as having his neck broken from the fall, DEAD, and there was the memorial type ending for his character. Two Face is D.E.A.D.

Also Two Face could be alive its not like they checked his pulse. I'd prefer he was but they could easily reuse him if they wanted.

Seriously? If the medical examiner performing the autopsy didn't check the pulse, it's a no wonder Gotham is town ran by criminals, bunch of dumbasses live there.

And an autopsy would have to be performed with a cop involved. IA would demand it.

Two Face is dead. If they bring him back in the next film, I will refuse to see it (unless it is a flashback).

Kate Beckinsale as Catwoman would be good, just remember her from Underworld. She already rocks the catsuit. Although i'd rather not see Cat woman as a main character, if I had to, I'd enjoy seeing Kate up there on the screen more than the other options.

I don't want too many villains in Batman 3. It will ruin the movie. Remember Spiderman3, too many stories, 3 villains. They raped venom and showing Sandman scenes more. :o I liked the movie though.:p

Only one villain i.e Riddler is enough and cameo of Penguin just for phun. :p

• Like 2

Batman Begins had two villains that had a nice tie-in story. The Dark Knight's two villains didn't have a nice tie-in IMO. I didn't really care for the whole Harvey Dent storyline at all anyway. I think it could have been left out and the film would have been just as good to be honest.

I thought the Dark Knight's tie-in was amazing, actually. They interwove it perfectly. To each his own, though :)

I guess my problem really lies with the character Harvey Dent. The, as long as it was, still had Dent turn bad way to easily. I would like to have seen a little bit more build up.

Two-thirds of the film Dent is this crime fighting machine and then boom he's the bad guy. And then a few moments later, D.E.A.D. lol. Just seemed like Dent was more of an afterthought that wasn't really all that important. Well, Dent was important, Two Face on the other hand wasn't. But that's just me.

I guess my problem really lies with the character Harvey Dent. The, as long as it was, still had Dent turn bad way to easily. I would like to have seen a little bit more build up.

Two-thirds of the film Dent is this crime fighting machine and then boom he's the bad guy. And then a few moments later, D.E.A.D. lol. Just seemed like Dent was more of an afterthought that wasn't really all that important. Well, Dent was important, Two Face on the other hand wasn't. But that's just me.

i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

:p

I would have rather seen two-face as a major player in a sequel and maybe the rise of the Riddler or Penguin in the crime scene. They can keep tieing these movies together and bringing us some killer performances like the Joker.

I agree that it would've been nice to see him go "bad" earlier to get more of a feel of why he did it, but even before he turns you can tell that he's got something inside of him. He kind of skirts that line when he ties the one guy up when Gordon's assassinated. I think that, given what happened to him, it made sense that he instantly turned into a "bad guy." And it's not like he just killed random people -- he went for the people responsible. So I'm not entirely sure a really big build-up was necessary -- not for me, at least.

I never said I believed Dent was still alive. I said they didn't close the book so technically they can bring him back if they wanted. Same as Tony Soprano died in the finale, not technically but anyone who understands the series knows he is. Point is they didn't blow his head off or let him explode with a train.

Dent played a crucial role in Dark Knight, The Joker would be nothing without him as his entire plan revolved around that. He never wanted to kill Batman, he wanted chaos so he went after Dent. Plus killing off the one you love is enough to send someone on a rampage, hell Punisher was built around that very same idea, Max Payne too. So its not surprising that he changed from the good guy.

I think he was a great character played by a great actor, I really wish they left it more open like they did with the Joker. No matter what they do, including bringing him back from the dead I'll see the 3rd movie, Nolan won't disappoint.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorta Confirmation of 3rd Movie?

While "The Dark Knight" amasses a Batcave full of award nominations ? and fans of the flick anxiously wait to see if it will get the attention of a fella named Oscar ? we here at MTV News continue to look toward the future of the franchise: "Batman 3."

So, naturally, when we caught up with "Dark Knight" producer Chuck Roven on the People's Choice Awards red carpet, we simply had to ask for an update on the film. The good news is, it looks like director Christopher Nolan could be officially on the project (after months of online speculation that he was still on the fence). But no one ? not even the producers ? know what's in store for the third, ridiculously anticipated "I know that Chris [Nolan] and [writer] David Goyer are talking and thinking," Roven said. "We're hoping, of course, that they find and rest on something that they'll find is worthy to do, but we don't know anything more than you do right now."uot;

Meanwhile, fans are also dying to know what villain ? or villains ? the Caped Crusader will possibly face off against in the follow-up to 2008's box-office titan and, also, what actors will be playing the parts. Again, the Internet has been ablaze with rumors regarding possible rogues and casting ? some good, some bad and some downright laughable ? so we checked to see if Roven "All I can say ? because I really don't know more than you do ? is that I see no reason why, tonally, Chris would do anything different than he's done in the first two films," the producer said.e producer said.

As Hollywood buzzes with speculation regarding a possible posthumous Academy Award nomination for Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker, it's nearly impossible to talk "The Dark Knight" and not bring him up. And while Ledger has managed to become synonymous with the role ? and considering that viewers were left with the impression that the Joker may indeed show up in future Batman films ? we wondered, considering the tragedy of Ledger's untimely death, if the producers would've done anything differently regarding that character.

"We have to separate the actors from the role," Roven said. "On a personal level, Heath was a friend of mine. We had worked together before 'The Dark Knight,' but I still think that 'The Dark Knight' is its own thing, and we have to separate them. So I guess the answer is, I think we still would've done the same thing."

I hope they bring the mansion back in the 3rd. I missed it in the 2nd, especially my batcave :)

And we should get a proper Bat mobile this time around since the other got destroyed? :)

One of the biggest moments of contention in The Dark Knight involved the demise of Two-Face. Many fans believe that the half-burnt Bat villain is still alive as The Batman rides off into the light at the end of the film, but all the facts conflict with that theory.

* The movie novelization reads ?sprawled, neck twisted, the mutilated side of his face exposed, his left eye open and staring sightlessly. He was obviously dead.?

* The screenplay reads ?Dent lies at the bottom of the hole, his neck broken. DEAD.?

* And even actor Aaron Eckhart has said in past interviews that ?[Two-Face]?s dead. I asked Chris if there was a chance of coming back. ?No way,? he said. ?He?s toast.?? Which is not just a confirmation from the actor but also the director.

But when asked by MTV News at tonight?s Golden Globes, Eckhart had a sligh ?I think Harvey ? if he?s not dead ? is in a serious coma,? stated Eckhart, ?and I?m not sure he?s coming out. They might pull the plug on him.?out. They might pull the plug on him.?

Let me first note that Eckhart is an actor and probably has no insight into the development of a third Batman film. Even if they had an idea, they probably wouldn?t contact him at this stage of the game. But lets run with this idea.

Will Harvey Dent play into The Dark Knight sequel? Maybe. Clearly Joker was kept alive for the possible sequel, and even though producer Charles Roven says that the character and the actor are two seperateentities , I seriously doubt that Nolan would attempt to bring The Joker back with another actor behind the make-up (at least not in the third film). Comic Book writer Brian Azzarello once kinda joked ?When Heath Ledger died, Harvey Dent came back to life.? And he might not be wrong.

Lets just hope that they don?t bring Two-Face back to life. I feel like his character ark has already reached it?s ultimate conclusion. However, I could see the concept of Harvey Dent/Two-Face on life support as being one of many possible subplots which might reflect the theme of a third film.

[Source]

Well that's a change then, because in previous interviews he stated that he spoke with Nolan and was told OUTRIGHT that the character was dead and would not be reprised.

I hope they bring the mansion back in the 3rd. I missed it in the 2nd, especially my batcave :)
And we should get a proper Bat mobile this time around since the other got destroyed? :)

I do think the mansion & Batcave will be back. Maybe a little tweak to them. How about the Batmobile. I hope it gets a little more stylish than that tank.

I'm so giddy dreaming about the next one already. If Nolan isn't making a third, he should be thrown in jail. :whistle: