[Official] Fable 2 General Discussion

Tried clearing the cache? At least it's worth a shot (Y)

Thanks for the suggestion but tried that. Got to the same point with and without the patch. Same problem!

I think you may be in an unfortunately unique position there! The only thing I can suggest is to maybe leave it running for a while and see what happens, but I'm guessing you've already done that.

I have also tried this.

:(

So, you see I am clueless as to why it's not loading the cut scene.

Got a quick question here folks, I tried looking online or even in the instructions but can't find a diagram of it. When you press for more info on a selected townsperson, what are the "Opinion of You" bars, as in what do they stand for? The first one I assume is hate/love second I'm guessing to be something about kill/happy and the last one I'm completely at a loss. Could someone explain what the last two are and how they can be raised or lowered? Thanks.

I really enjoyed the first Fable even though it was obvious it wasn't complete at launch. (Blank demon doors, un-gettable quests at the beginning...) The Lost Chapters edition, however, was perfect. :)

I hope the new one is good, but I don't have a 360. :(

Meh, it was really short, I beat it yesterday.

Yeah......if u stick to the main path I suppose the game will last a few hours, but I beleive there is over 50+ hours of good gameplay in there, should you desire to venture ;)

Nope. Menu takes a second to load, but every game I've played on 360 no menu loaded up instantously.

loading up its slow and when you are browsing its slow. The patch helped, but its still not perfect. And I have played a lot of games where the menus come up ASAP.

Yeah......if u stick to the main path I suppose the game will last a few hours, but I beleive there is over 50+ hours of good gameplay in there, should you desire to venture ;)

Yeah i can't stop doing side quests, i keep buying houses and businesses to make money. I think the economy system in fable is awesome. A fable MMORPG with this economy system and quests would probably be the first MMORPG i ever consider playing.

Yeah hopefully they can make the menu a bit faster to load. It's needlessly slow and a bit of a pain IMHO as was the one in the original. One thing that irks me is when you get say a book for a quest and the description says "read it to get details on ..." and you have to open your inventory to go find it. Potions let you use them as you get them so I don't see why some items ask you to go fishing in the menus to find them.

Still, 2 niggles there in an overall positive experience so far.

I am just so ****ed off, Game just charged me ?3 to get the disc repaired and would not give me a replacement disc! How retarded is that, the game better work for me now otherwise there will be complaints !:((

Kick, WTF are GAME doing? They should of given you a brand spanking new disc.

I really hope that fixes it for you mate and you can start playing.

I wouldn't accept that, the game was DOA, you get on to the phone to them and don't hang up until you've got results.

And don't use their 087 number, here: 01256 784000

That's the local number, local numbers tend to be free on certain phone plans (or if you've got a mobile with free mins, local numbers will work).

For me, the framerate is noticeable at certain times. In game I've never had a problem with it, the menus can be a little bit laggy, but I'm more irked by their ****-poor organisation than the lag. The minigame "jobs" suffer from it, though, particularly blacksmith where a tiny bit of lag can change a perfect hit into a complete miss.

I wouldn't accept that, the game was DOA, you get on to the phone to them and don't hang up until you've got results.

And don't use their 087 number, here: 01256 784000

That's the local number, local numbers tend to be free on certain phone plans (or if you've got a mobile with free mins, local numbers will work).

Well, that sucks, was in the queue for 20 minutess, started speaking to a cool guy then got disconnected :( So rung up again, waiting in queue for 15 minutes then it went 6pm and got a message saying offices are now closed, disconnected :(

I guess I have to wait.

I am just so ****ed off, Game just charged me ?3 to get the disc repaired and would not give me a replacement disc! How retarded is that, the game better work for me now otherwise there will be complaints !:((

WTF!!:oo

Thats not right! It's a new item and its faulty, so therefore, your money back or a replacement. I'd march right up to your nearest GAME store (if you have one) and DEMAND a replacement or my money back, they certainly would not (and should not) be getting ?3 charges from me. GAME stores are open till 8pm near me.