[Official] Fable 2 General Discussion

So what 5 or 6 heroes per save? And if each of those guys gets a different doll will you get the achievemnt? Or you gotta resort to trading via online?

i think you can do it both ways, getting 6 heroes to the point where you can earn the dolls is a lot more work though :p

I don't know.. I love casting full fledged Raise Dead, then firing off my Rifle.

Yeah ATM my non melee attack involves getting Time Freeze to level 2 or 3 then casting a fully charges shock with AoE. Easily can take out a mob in one go. Don't necessarily need the time freeze but it means you dont get hit casting the shock.

For what it's worth, thats a really effective strategy for beating the crucible under the time limit in every round. Only the troll caused me issues because I resorted to a bow + time freeze combo but I'd often target the minions (which I wasnt taking out) and it seemed for that round only I was glitching where the round timer didnt slow down with use of time freeze. I finished it when the on screen clock said 1.20 but then was told I actually took 2.50 or something.

8 perfect rounds at the crucible is pretty easy using level 5 inferno + diachi + red dragon :D

anyone know if theres any way of trading which doesnt involve the other player being online, i want to trade some stuff with my brother's character but we only have one copy of the game between us, and i cant see how to trade in co-op

8 perfect rounds at the crucible is pretty easy using level 5 inferno + diachi + red dragon :D

anyone know if theres any way of trading which doesnt involve the other player being online, i want to trade some stuff with my brother's character but we only have one copy of the game between us, and i cant see how to trade in co-op

Red Dragon? What is mayn? :p

Did a patch come out today for this game?

Doubt it, had mine on seconds ago to collect rent payments, was not given a patch update

Did a patch come out today for this game?

No new patch yet. Checked Lionhead boards and the devs are pretty quiet. Would've thought they would had released a patch just to fix the bug where it can stop you from completing the game!

No new patch yet. Checked Lionhead boards and the devs are pretty quiet. Would've thought they would had released a patch just to fix the bug where it can stop you from completing the game!

what bug is this? starting on my second playthrough and don't want to run into it..

Red Dragon? What is mayn? :p

:s

The red dragon is the legendary pistol thats you get by winning the westcliff shooting range

finished the game now 1000/1000gs :D

was annoying though, had 2 major problems: firstly the completionist achievement can only be unlocked if you have purchased the pub games from the xbox live arcade as it requires you to have 2 expressions you can only win from them. Secondly i got a glitch where the last silver key was stuck behind an unopenable door and there was nothing i could do to get it :(

fortunately there are nice people on the internet who are trading achievements, and if anyone needs help getting the gargoyle achievement ill gladly give it to you. just send me a pm

Edited by addc182

I restarted my guy.. and he's a helluva lot more successful this time.

He already owns most of the market and he's not even back to the guild to rescue the hero of will yet. I worked my kiester off on the jobs to be able to afford most of the locations..

My towns people utterly LOVE me to death.. all the women in my town make passes at me whenever I run by.. lol.

Almost everything has a -50% rent or prices on it.. I still pull in about 2000 gold a pop per 5 minutes. I married Alex, off the "Death Do Us Part quest. Because of that, I got a fair bit of "Purity" points, and etc. I'm trying to be as honorable as possible with this character.

So far.. it's working pretty damn well. :)

yeh i own pretty much every building in the game, there are a couple i missed in bowerstone old town, im tempted to put all the prices to 100% extra and be making like 25k every 5 mins, but then again the money doesn't really matter, ive got over 10mil

thinking about starting again and playing as a good character as opposed to evil

Edited by addc182

:laugh: .

:woot: . I went to bed last night without it, but I woke up this morning .. logged into game (yes .. that's my character's normal clothes. My favorite color happens to be yellow.. so what).. and :

1zr2g75.jpg

You can't see it in the picture because of the angle of the sun, and the flash, but, my dog is also turning into a golden retriever-look alike. :)

Did anybody else have to dramtically change their gamma settings when their first played? I had to move my slider quite a bit so I could see the X's but it looks loads better now that I have.

In regards to the end of the game

If you want you can grab all the achievements for choosing each of the three options (sacrifice love and wealth) in one sitting. Just pick one and wait for the achievement to register then return to the dashboard or restart the console. The game doesn't save until after the credits so you can get all three and just pick the one you really want last. For those wanting 1000GS it'll save you doing three heroes.

i was totally evil but pure at the same time :s

i was aiming for some horns or something but w/e....

also...i beat the entire game without the patch. if i install it, the game freezes every 10 seconds.