[Official] Fable 2 General Discussion

The legendary Katana, ( The Diachi ) is the best imo. Its the fastest and has best damage.

I used the Hammerthyst ( blow a kiss at the Demon Door near the Temple of Light ) for awhile until i received the Katana

I got the hammer (Y)

Will look into the Katana when I get one :yes:

I use a non-legendary hammer with 107 damage with two slots, and a flintlock rifle that does 102 damage and two slots.. on my good toon.

I'm a little upset. I had a friend kill my wife because I wanted to marry Lady Grey because she was roaming around my grave yard.. after my wife disappeared.. Lady Grey disappeared too. :(

Two questions, are you able to continue playing after completing the main storyline and secondly, where do I find the Bloodstone Tower?

Yes and I would also like to know that :p

where do I find the Bloodstone Tower?

If you havn't found it yet, keep playing the main quest, you are taken to it in one of the quests. Not sure if you can go there beforehand but you could try all the exit points from bloodstone?

Don't even have Bloodstone on the fast-travel list yet either, I just got off The island with lucien's spire, where you also meet the mage, so will I just have to keep playing or do I need to go discovery some more?

He means Brightwood tower, not Bloodstone :p Go to the cullis gate, and theres a break in the wall near it which you can jump off into the "Archon's Knot" down some well thingy, its at the end of that.

And yeah, you can continue after the main quest although I don't think they give you any extra quests after completing the main quest except for buying Castle Fairfax.

He means Brightwood tower, not Bloodstone :p Go to the cullis gate, and theres a break in the wall near it which you can jump off into the "Archon's Knot" down some well thingy, its at the end of that.

And yeah, you can continue after the main quest although I don't think they give you any extra quests after completing the main quest except for buying Castle Fairfax.

Oh that certainly clears up a few things :rofl:

Thanks man (Y)

Unfortunately I need to progress a bit further to get the sword.

There was no cullis gates or holes anywhere when I had look, looking through a few YouTube videos I realised the hole was blocked by a statue and the cullis gate wasn't active.

All this reading about legendary weapons, makes me want to go play it now, I completed the game with crappy normal weapons.

The legendary weapons aren't that amazing tbh. If you can afford the Master weapons and augments to go with them I don't think you'll need legendary weapons. The legendary weapons just come with either special or three augments, but they're never really anything too special.

I used a Master Katana with Ghoul and Golden Touch which I prefered to Daichi (you never need a healing potion again with that sword), and a Master Flintlock for the ranged weapon, although the crossbow from the Gargoyles looks better than the Flintlock.

So I finally got through the game and I have to say, what a lackluster ending :/

Felt as though they just wanted to get done with the game at this point. You have some weird dream, you open the music box in front of Lucius, you shoot him and then you are pretty much done?! I was so disappointed :(

Plus, do they expect you to go through the game three times in order to get all those 'ending' achievements? unless you do some save-game trickery of course. Man this game has kept my playing for hours and hours, you really wanted to get through the game and then you get this half-arsed ending, it really annoys me, Arg!

Also, I was taking it slow and enjoying the game. I was browsing shops, changing outfits, exploring, do some side-quests now and then and I only clocked in at 14 Hours and 30 Minutes played, that is pretty poor. Granted I can now go buy a shed load of houses, do some more side-quests but hardly the most exciting stuff. This game is so close to being GOTY material but with that ending and considering how short it is, minding of the genre, it falls short. There is also the people around the world who just keeps repeating the same things over and over and over and over and over again, that really started to get on my nerves towards the end. You heard the same 3 lines constantly, guess you can't ask them to record a million hours of voice but still, more than 6 minutes would've been great :/

Though the core of the game is fantastic, the attention to details and the immersion is astounding - Game really feels polished. The style and atmosphere of the game really is a rare sight! Despite it flaws, easily in the top 3 games this year for me, personally.

Now I just have another newbie question, I was at the shooting range fairly early in the game and failed miserably. I had such a hard time manual-targeting with this iffy aim system. I hadn't focused many XP into my shooting abilities at that point but since it is manual aiming, does it matter? I struggled to hit 80 points and that seemed to by my average score every time I tried. Any tips and suggestions to get top marks other than practice? Use a special gun, a special skill, anything?

For the shooting range use pistols or something like that where it won't zoom in so far. Also if your not aware head shots count as 3.

I was failing bad too, getting 50's even and later 130 or so. Came back with a pistol instead of a rifle and got about 190 something.

Yeah, knew about the headshots but I was actually using a rifle - Think I might go find a pistol and try again, thanks (Y)

EDIT: I am constantly SO close but then all of a sudden you "unfocus" ie. get out of FPS mode and he's stuck there for a second until you zoom again, despite holding down the Y button all the time, happens more frequently towards the end, is that supposed to happen?! 3 times I missed out on crucial points because of it, so damn annoying.

Edited by Sethos

Yeah, knew about the headshots but I was actually using a rifle - Think I might go find a pistol and try again, thanks (Y)

EDIT: I am constantly SO close but then all of a sudden you "unfocus" ie. get out of FPS mode and he's stuck there for a second until you zoom again, despite holding down the Y button all the time, happens more frequently towards the end, is that supposed to happen?! 3 times I missed out on crucial points because of it, so damn annoying.

That's always happening to me and I just thought I was letting go of Y but now I am sure that I'm not...

I figured it out, you shouldn't try to move your aim while finger is off the Y button between shots, just get finger back on the Y key as fast as possible before moving the aim, that'll keep you in FPS mode. That helped a lot, 181 points in first go when I figured that one out.

I figured it out, you shouldn't try to move your aim while finger is off the Y button between shots, just get finger back on the Y key as fast as possible before moving the aim, that'll keep you in FPS mode. That helped a lot, 181 points in first go when I figured that one out.

Nice (Y)

Will give that a try :yes:

Guys i've got a question... How do you get into the Brightwood demon door? First he said he wants cheese, so i brought him some... then he says you have to have dreadlocks and a handlebar moustache so i got those. Now he wants you to wear a farmers hat, a skirt and a posh shirt? :laugh: Where is the best place to get these from? Do they have to be exactly what he stated?

Guys i've got a question... How do you get into the Brightwood demon door? First he said he wants cheese, so i brought him some... then he says you have to have dreadlocks and a handlebar moustache so i got those. Now he wants you to wear a farmers hat, a skirt and a posh shirt? :laugh: Where is the best place to get these from? Do they have to be exactly what he stated?

you just have to keep doing what it says exactly. it usually asks you to get stuff that can be bought either in Bowerstone or from the travelling traders in bower lake, its a reasonably annoying deamon door tbh and the reward isnt that great