[Official] Fable 2 General Discussion

well that's a surprise, it must be awful not being able to enjoy any game for what it is, i pity the man.. :p

though i have to admit his points are true, i just don't mind them really, they don't take away from the overall experience i had with the game anyway..

Ooh.. wonder what this announcement is going to be for? :)
It'll be an expansion in the form of DLC. I was going to say it might extend upon the ending of the game but that may have a few problems associated with it given 2 of the 3 options saw you losing the dog which was a major gameplay mechanic and giving you a new one would cheapen that decision if people restarted. I'd expect it to expand the story in the same manner as the Lost Chapters did, although that issue that I bolded out could be a big one so if they go that route it'd be interesting to see how they choose to tackle it.

Honestly I can't see them hyping up an announcement for a patch. Thats the sort of thing you just get out or tell people upfront about. Unless it has new free content it's hardly a good idea to get people excited over a mystery announcement only to say they are fixing problems that they should have weeks ago before the game was released.

Yeah, am hoping it'l be about some sort of DLC..

Anyways.. did anyone who registered for the 'missing' Limited Edition code get theres yet? Just checked my e-mail and they have sent me one... Now where did i put my "limited edition" version of the game?.. *cough* :rofl:

Remember the site to register for the DLC code?

I just got me email, haven't even bought the game and got the DLC code :p

I can't remember clearly, but I think only people who ordered the limited edition could register for the DLC code? Oh well, I got mine for when I have the game :D

EDIT: LOL, didn't even see Oz063's post :p

Edited by Brad.

Remember the site to register for the DLC code?

I just got me email, haven't even bought the game and got the DLC code :p

I can't remember clearly, but I think only people who ordered the limited edition could register for the DLC code? Oh well, I got mine for when I have the game :D

Gief :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

I jut got into this game for person who doesn'treally like RPG's, I can't put it down, it's fantastic. So much to do even after the story is finished. (Atm waiting in FairFax Tomb because I drank the stupid potion :p.)

I wonder how much the DLC will cost... its only got 3 more quests? It might have more weapons/clothes, but as far as gameplay for people who've finished the game already goes it doesn't look too great unless those quests are really long...

I jut got into this game for person who doesn'treally like RPG's, I can't put it down, it's fantastic. So much to do even after the story is finished. (Atm waiting in FairFax Tomb because I drank the stupid potion :p.)

if you think theres a lot of time to be spent in fable i suggest you try a "proper length" RPG like oblivion or Fallout 3

no disrespect to fable though it is a great game, shame its so short and imbalanced tbh

Meh tried Oblivion and Fallout, it was crap. For me the average RPG player there was too much boring stuff to do, whereas in Mass Effect and Fable I never felt bored. I think the length was perfect.

Btw anyone doing castle fairfax quest?

Meh tried Oblivion and Fallout, it was crap. For me the average RPG player there was too much boring stuff to do, whereas in Mass Effect and Fable I never felt bored. I think the length was perfect.

Btw anyone doing castle fairfax quest?

I done it :D

I think I have done just about ALL of the quests there are to be done..

I'm not 100% sure though :s

I done it :D

I think I have done just about ALL of the quests there are to be done..

I'm not 100% sure though :s

You do it by sleeping at Castle Fairfax if you haven't done it then I could really use the "prize" you get at the end of the quest.

• 2 weeks later...
Fable II patch "coming along nicely"

News by Rob Purchese

Lionhead has a title update for Fable II in testing and waiting for finalisation, and has said everything is "coming along nicely".

That's according to the community website, which has also supplied a list of bugs being addressed in the patch.

The Ritual/Monk's quest no longer presents an unresponsive Abbot if you run out of the region before he finishes talking, which is quite a rude thing to do. Still, part of the main quest and that, so even those with no manners ought to be able to continue.

Rescuing Charlie shouldn't prevent interactivity with objects any more, and the Guild Cave Chest should properly reward Limited Collector's Edition, website or Chicken Kickin' items.

The second part of the Spire quest should present a talkative ship's captain, and there will be less getting stuck during Bloodstone quests The Hero of Skill (Pirate King) and T.O.B.Y./Trouble in Bloodstone.

Brilliantly, your children are no longer chosen as assassination targets, and the Furniture Shop in Bowerstone now always has something for sale. In addition, there are a number of unspecified nips and tucks.

Lionhead recently unveiled a whole new island of content for Fable II, which will be here in just over a week, on 12th December.

Knothole Island will add lots more things to do and cost 800 Microsoft Points (GBP 6.80 / EUR 9.60).

Source: Eurogamer