[Official] Fable 2 General Discussion

Fable II DLC delayed to '09

Lionhead has said that the recently announced Knothole Island DLC will not be available until the end of January and not late December as originally promised.

"Due to unexpected technical difficulties, the Fable II: Knothole Island expansion will not be available until late January 2009," reads a statement from the developer.

"As a result, the Fable II, Knothole Island Download and Win, originally scheduled to take place December 22 - 23, 2008, has been temporarily suspended. Please check back for updates."

We're sure it'll be worth the wait.

CVG

Just started playing the game guys and it seems pretty fun so far. I just got to Bowerstone and did some jobs for the Blacksmith. Right now I have 4/5 stars for him and a bunch of cash. On that first mission before though, I picked up two gems or something but when I go to the gem guy/store in Bowerstone, he won't let me sell them. Whats up?

This game is just awesome. Fallout 3 definitely got me in the mood for this RPG action. I got some easy money by completing some of those jobs right away and already bought some houses and stuff.

Right now I've got some pretty good weapons, steel or iron longsword (can't remember which), steel blunderbuss, and both the fire/electric spells are at level two. How many spells do you guys use?

This game is just awesome. Fallout 3 definitely got me in the mood for this RPG action. I got some easy money by completing some of those jobs right away and already bought some houses and stuff.

Right now I've got some pretty good weapons, steel or iron longsword (can't remember which), steel blunderbuss, and both the fire/electric spells are at level two. How many spells do you guys use?

I literally just used level 5 inferno :p Cba with the others

I got Giles Blunderbass with a Master Flintlock and the Katana (dachi sword). Got my inferno to lvl 5 and rest are 3ish.

Been playing this to finish out the achievements, need to get all the dolls at some point. Almost done with the ones I got left.

Use time and raise dead for first three levels then attacking spells for 4 and 5.

Crap! I think I will sell back the first two levels of confusion so I can get time. That is a good idea.

Getting Exp is easy if you know the exploit ;) as is getting gold :p

Nah, don't feel like cheating (at least right now :p). I did just find out about the apothecary store and how it has XP potions. I bought every one they had and got myself quite a bit of XP.

I see that there are bonuses on houses but how do you earn them or what exactly do they do?

the bonus comes when you redecorate the house with more expensive furniture so you can rent it out for more money.

How exactly do that and is there a certain star level I need to get a house up to, to receive those benefits? Will something come up on the screen when I start receiving a benefit?

Some special house come with benefits when you buy them all you have to do is sleep in the bed at the house. Some houses you can upgrade with furniture which you buy from the furniture shop and then they will get bonuses too I think.

Some special house come with benefits when you buy them all you have to do is sleep in the bed at the house. Some houses you can upgrade with furniture which you buy from the furniture shop and then they will get bonuses too I think.

Ok, I'll have to keep checking back at the furniture shop. Every time I walk by, nobody is in there.

Currently, I just got down with the Crucible but I don't think I got the big bonus for perfect times on each one. I had perfect times for every round except for the last one. I couldn't attack the Troll effectively enough.

Currently, I have 5 star fire, 3 star time stop and that is about it for my will. I have 30,000 XP but I don't know where to go with it now that I have my main spells that dominate so much.

Fable II was exceptionally easy, especially if you have a lot of potions. ^_^

Resurrection Vials FTW! (Y)

Definitely wish I would have had some early on. I have some scars on my face now that I can never get rid of!

Finally figured out why the furniture store in Bowerstone wasn't getting any new furniture. Apparently she doesn't get any new furniture when Bowerstone Market is a 5 star area already. Now I have to depend on Bloodstone alone.