[Official] Fable 2 General Discussion

Why in every Official game thread (At least in the XBOX360 section) do we have confirmation/announcement regarding the leak of (insert game name here) and that it's up on torrents etc?

It happens in every game anyway so we don't need to be told countless times.

Also this this sort of talk prohibited? At least that's what i thought.

As long as no files are linked and the discussion doesn't go too deep, it's not frowned upon.

And it's happened to topics in this instance because unfortunately for the developers these games have hit the internet quite a bit earlier than usual.

If you're not careful you may end up spoiling a game for yourself week+ in advance.

As long as no files are linked and the discussion doesn't go too deep, it's not frowned upon.

And it's happened to topics in this instance because unfortunately for the developers these games have hit the internet quite a bit earlier than usual.

If you're not careful you may end up spoiling a game for yourself week+ in advance.

Hence why I don't like Neowin allowing these kinds of posts in the discussion for the game thread. Oh well, it just makes it harder for those of us trying to not spoil anything.

Hence why I don't like Neowin allowing these kinds of posts in the discussion for the game thread. Oh well, it just makes it harder for those of us trying to not spoil anything.

I'm pretty sure anyone posting major spoilers without spoiler tags will get warned.

That was the policy in the MGS4 thread when I legally got the game early.

Spitefully ruining a game for everyone will not go down well with members or staff.

NW can't really dictate a universal ban of mentioning/saying you have a game early, I mean, putting aside games leaking online for download, many people get games early legally.

However yeah, spoiling something to be an ass, that's a different matter.

Edited by Audioboxer

it's real it works it's not unexpected...the bad rip is only for folks with older versions of modified fw anyways...business as usual for early releases

Please try to keep any other info to yourself because we don't get it till the 21st and do not wish to have it spoiled. No spoiler tags don't do the trick if anything they make whats hidden seem more tempting and then were defo going to look :p

I'm pretty sure anyone posting major spoilers without spoiler tags will get warned.

That was the policy in the MGS4 thread when I legally got the game early.

Spitefully ruining a game for everyone will not go down well with members or staff.

NW can't really dictate a universal ban of mentioning/saying you have a game early, I mean, putting aside games leaking online for download, many people get games early legally.

However yeah, spoiling something to be an ass, that's a different matter.

That is the important part I think we all have to remember. As much as most of us know that the majority pirated it, there are always a couple luck individuals who got their copies early.

That is the important part I think we all have to remember. As much as most of us know that the majority pirated it, there are always a couple luck individuals who got their copies early.

There is actually quite a few copies of FB2 popping up

2e2mjk9.jpg

13zz88w.jpg

img1325xp5.jpg

fable.jpg

15g2jie.jpg

Supposedly NewEgg shipped it early!

Things like Fallout 3 though, no one will have that as early as it leaked :laugh:

Just on the matter of spoiling the game, every major keypoint of MGS4 was PM'd to me by a member who had only been reading the strategy guide. So doesn't necessarily mean only those with the game can spoil the entire experience for you.

Just on the matter of spoiling the game, every major keypoint of MGS4 was PM'd to me by a member who had only been reading the strategy guide. So doesn't necessarily mean only those with the game can spoil the entire experience for you.

Yeah that was shocking.

I would've assembled my crew, grabbed a vehicle and road off to the guys house of residence :rofl:

wow that is DEDICATION :laugh: Pathetic but dedicated...

Yeah that was shocking.

I would've assembled my crew, grabbed a vehicle and road off to the guys house of residence :rofl:

:laugh:

BTW, I dunno if anyone's mentioned it yet, but remember the Fiasco with the pub games glitch?

Well, apparently, if you try to merge your character with one in the pub games you cheated with, it says the profile is corrupt. I'd imagine that even in an unpatched pub games, if you cheat using your legit Fable 2 character, you'd have your entire profile "corrupted".

Consequences indeed.

Guys, same place I got to see Fallout 3 getting played, OMG this is like the HD Zelda IMO.

Awesome game so far (Y)

We're all heading out for drinks soon but, so not really going to see more.

ps. The dog is awesome!