[Official] Fable 2 General Discussion

BTW, I dunno if anyone's mentioned it yet, but remember the Fiasco with the pub games glitch?

Well, apparently, if you try to merge your character with one in the pub games you cheated with, it says the profile is corrupt. I'd imagine that even in an unpatched pub games, if you cheat using your legit Fable 2 character, you'd have your entire profile "corrupted".

Consequences indeed.

Where go you hear this ?

I do! I wronged <insert name of whoever you dislike the most, here>'s mum last night!

I got someone in mind and you really don't wanna be doing that :p

You guys are already playing it? :shiftyninja:

Whoaaaa :o is better than sex ...... well no, but almost as good :laugh:

i wish there was a PC version of this, or a microsoft emulator you could buy and run xbox games on your PC.... I don't mind spending $200 on a 360 but i just really don't like having a box sitting there connected to my tv.. and changing disks.. and it's just easier to do it on the PC....

great game from what i have seen and heard, i feel like i could lose myself in it for days.

Couple of glitches in case anyone's interested in ruining their game (don't worry, they're not game-breaking and you have to deliberately do them, but some people simply like to cheat so what the hell):

Easy Money:

Pretty obvious, this one, buy a shop or house or whatever and receive income every 5mins. Then save your game, go back to the dash and set the clock to a year ahead. When you load the game, you'll get 100x your 5min income (so if you were earning 50 gold every 5mins, you'd get 5000, likewise if you were earning 7000 every 5mins, you'd get 700,000). Setting the clock back seems to have no negative effects (i.e. you wont be charged -700,000 gold or whatever and your purity and morals are unaffected) and you can repeat it as much as you like.

Easy Skill points:

Some houses in the game have special bonuses, such as Animal Magnetism. One such house in Bowerstone gives a temporary boost to your speed when you sleep in it. However, there's a glitch.

Buy the house and sleep in it, then check your speed skill in the Menu. You'll notice you have an extra star rating. However, when you "refund" that skill, not only do you get the refund value of the better skill (despite only paying for the previous level), your skill does NOT go down, meaning you can keep on refunding and refunding until you've got enough skill points for everything. What's more, if you purchase the next skill level in speed, you actually get 2 levels for the price of one. Remember, kids, this will sap the fun straight out of the game!