[Official] Fable 2 General Discussion

Green_Eye

haha that easymoney glitch seems like its going to be very tempting seeing as you get f' all for doing quests...

Elessar
i wish there was a PC version of this, or a microsoft emulator you could buy and run xbox games on your PC.... I don't mind spending $200 on a 360 but i just really don't like having a box sitting there connected to my tv.. and changing disks.. and it's just easier to do it on the PC....

great game from what i have seen and heard, i feel like i could lose myself in it for days.

Honestly, that's pretty ****ing lazy. Can't wait for Fable 2 to arrive next week :)

Sethos
i just really don't like having a box sitting there connected to my tv.. and changing disks..

Yeah, that thing just sitting there and changing discs in a single-disc game really is hard work, I follow you man :(

Green_Eye
Yeah, that thing just sitting there and changing discs in a single-disc game really is hard work, I follow you man :(

SARCASM OVERLOAD!!! *head blows up*

+Audioboxer
Couple of glitches in case anyone's interested in ruining their game (don't worry, they're not game-breaking and you have to deliberately do them, but some people simply like to cheat so what the hell):

Easy Money:

Pretty obvious, this one, buy a shop or house or whatever and receive income every 5mins. Then save your game, go back to the dash and set the clock to a year ahead. When you load the game, you'll get 100x your 5min income (so if you were earning 50 gold every 5mins, you'd get 5000, likewise if you were earning 7000 every 5mins, you'd get 700,000). Setting the clock back seems to have no negative effects (i.e. you wont be charged -700,000 gold or whatever and your purity and morals are unaffected) and you can repeat it as much as you like.

Easy Skill points:

Some houses in the game have special bonuses, such as Animal Magnetism. One such house in Bowerstone gives a temporary boost to your speed when you sleep in it. However, there's a glitch.

Buy the house and sleep in it, then check your speed skill in the Menu. You'll notice you have an extra star rating. However, when you "refund" that skill, not only do you get the refund value of the better skill (despite only paying for the previous level), your skill does NOT go down, meaning you can keep on refunding and refunding until you've got enough skill points for everything. What's more, if you purchase the next skill level in speed, you actually get 2 levels for the price of one. Remember, kids, this will sap the fun straight out of the game!

wwi005.gif

funkymunky

This game is awesome :)

For the whole few hours it took to complete :(

I now feel let down, wishing there was more :( The end imo is rushed.

But still a truly magnificant game :)

troist
This game is awesome :)

For the whole few hours it took to complete :(

I now feel let down, wishing there was more :( The end imo is rushed.

But still a truly magnificant game :)

Is it as short as the first one? Hopefully if it is then they'll add in more with DLC or something... the first one was waaaaaaay too short :/

Kushan

I think the main story will be fairly short, but if you actually explore the world and do the side quests, it's quite long.

Qumahlin
I think the main story will be fairly short, but if you actually explore the world and do the side quests, it's quite long.

Main story is about 16 hours straight through. Add in the side quests and you'll probably get 50+..there are a TON of sidequests and thus far most of them are pretty engaging enough to make you want to do them.

Also your dog encourages you to head towards side quests at times if you've just been doing the main story. The game is amazing.

funkymunky
Main story is about 16 hours straight through. Add in the side quests and you'll probably get 50+..there are a TON of sidequests and thus far most of them are pretty engaging enough to make you want to do them.

Also your dog encourages you to head towards side quests at times if you've just been doing the main story. The game is amazing.

Ok that isn't true mate :(

The main quest including quite a few side quests took probably about 12 hours ish this weekend :( I want more, so I'm going to go through all the side quests as it is that good :):):)

Kushan

12-16 hours is probably about right, depending on how skilled you are in the game AND what paths you take.

Green_Eye

The hours seem decent to me :yes:

I can be done with the story in like 12 - 13 hours and for when I want to get back into it I will go back to side quests (Y)

Andrew

12hrs is perfect (Y)

Fable isn't your typical RPG where you need to devote your life to it for 50+ hrs.

That's why I love it :D

/gives FF the cold shoulder :p

LOC

I cannot WAIT for Fable 2 to come out already. It looks so much better than the first game, and the co-op just looks awesome (especially since we'll actually have it on day one lol)

CY:G

Ok i just played this game for about 2 hours and man you guys are gonna love it.

They made some real time dynamic light rays (from the Moon and Sun) that are truly breath taking, i have only seen them done on the PC (Crysis and STALKER), they look fantastic.

Pupik

Is there some noise about the PC version to be released in the future (like with the previous title) out there?

.KICK
Is there some noise about the PC version to be released in the future (like with the previous title) out there?

Not that I am aware of!

Andrew

No and I doubt there will be, esp when Gears 2 isn't coming to pc now.

We haven't even heard about Halo 3 coming to the PC yet and that's over a year its been out.

Who knows for sure though..

I hope it stays exclusive :yes:

Brad.
No and I doubt there will be, esp when Gears 2 isn't coming to pc now.

We haven't even heard about Halo 3 coming to the PC yet and that's over a year its been out.

Who knows for sure though..

I hope it stays exclusive :yes:

Wow, how come?

Andrew

Peter Molyneux is already working on another game which I'm far more interested in seeing than them porting it. It'll only slow development down.

Plus it will sell more 360's :)