[Official] Fable 2 General Discussion

GameOverRob

unless you want the achievements for the arcade game!

Lingwo

Game.co.uk who give out the free arcade game codes, give them out on a weekly basis. On friday they send out codes to everyone who pre-ordered it. I dunno what they'll do this week as the game is out that day.

Twisted Chaz

Great, I don't get how pre-ordering works, do you pay for it on release day.

Nvm, at least I might get it a day early.

.KICK
Great, I don't get how pre-ordering works, do you pay for it on release day.

Nvm, at least I might get it a day early.

You get charged just as they dispatch it.

Kushan

Preorders usually work like this: you don't pay for the game until it ships (if online) or until you pick it up in store. SOME stores ask you to put down a deposit of like ?5/$10, but not all of them. That's pretty much it.

Smigit
While I agree on the price front, I want at least something different when I am not able to get what I really wanted in the Limited Edition.

I just hope I do not receive a messed up LE without the codes.

Well it'd be good for everyone to get the content for the scenario where you don't get your codes. :p

Besides, you still get the bonus dvd.

Andrew

lmao @ the guys reply to the handbag picture.

What a bunch of noobs.

Sethos

Co-op sounds crap?

Remysaus

who buys games like these for co-op anyway?

Brad.
is this a f****ng joke of you? are you trying to anger the fans even more?! YOU ****ING LIONHEAD ARE ONE PIECE OF STAB IN THE BACK I THINK I WONT EVEN BUY THE ****ING PIECE OF **** GAME 60 BUKS LESS FOR YOU MOTHER****ERS we trusted lionhead and they're testing us more and more and now they crossed the ****ing line and they can all die i'm serieus im REALLY ****ING DISSAPOINTED.

LMFAO

that's gold.

Andrew

I can just imagine him saying that sentence out loud with a swear filter :laugh:

The sound only dips back in for pauses and "ings"..

****ing **** ***** **** <breathe> **** *******

:laugh:

Brad.
I can just imagine him saying that sentence out loud with a swear filter :laugh:

The sound only dips back in for pauses and "ings"..

****ing **** ***** **** <breathe> **** *******

:laugh:

Hahah, I never got round to playing it today, but what do other people feel about the game? I'm hearing some real negative stuff atm compared to Fable 1 feedback (N)

Kushan

What's wrong with the co-op?

EDIT: Nevermind, I read that thread. I think people have Valid points in that Co-op is a bit crap, but lionhead never (As far as I ever seen) stated it would be anything other than what was delivered.

Plus, this comment really irks me:

If the developers couldn't do it in 3 years I doubt they can do it now. I think they are just horrid programmers. Maybe they'll fire some when they go to work on Fable III ... i mean co-op was SUPPOSED to be in Fable I but they couldn't even get their act together there. That is just downright pathetic. They also, first and foremost, need to fire Peter.

This is one of those things that too many people don't realise - programmers are never the reason why a game's features are watered down or "missing" (unless it's a very small team, of course). A programmer's job is to turn a design into code, that's it. Programmers rarely get much input on the game's overall design. The Term "Lazy programming" gets thrown around a lot lately, particularly when it comes to PS3 ports. It's not "lazy programming", it's simple bureaucracy. Fable 2's co-op was designed like that, it was designed like that because the designer knew that a "better" co-op would take longer to make and test, potentially missing deadlines and ultimately, costing more money.

Edited by Kushan
Andrew
Hahah, I never got round to playing it today, but what do other people feel about the game? I'm hearing some real negative stuff atm compared to Fable 1 feedback (N)

From the little I've played, I love it (Y)

It's absolutely beautiful as well, wasn't too sure with some of the screenshots that were shown but it really does look a whole lot better.

Green_Eye

I don't get it :s we are getting exactly what LionHead said they were going to deliver?

Why are knickers simultaneously twisting everywhere now? why not back when they announced the feature?

Hupp
I don't get it :s we are getting exactly what LionHead said they were going to deliver?

Why are knickers simultaneously twisting everywhere now? why not back when they announced the feature?

agreed they never said you would get your own character in coop. it would be nice but there can be only 1 hero or villian of albion.

Lighthalzen

OMG... My LE doesn't have the DLC codes >,< I did however got Fable: The Lost Chapters. Is that suppose to come with it? Oh, and after one hour of playing it, my XBOX 360 RROD on me... and my warranty is out already, so I have to get a new one....

*Should I get an Elite or just Pro? I do download quite a bit of stuff off XBOX Live. Also, the stuff I bought for my dead 360, can I put those stuff on my new 360?

Smigit

When did you get your 360? Your aware the RROD is covered by 3 years worth of warranty right? I wouldn't have thought there'd be any consoles on the market that wouldn't still be covered as didn't it come out in November 2005?

And no I don't think I got Fable: The Lost Chapters. I got a bonus DVD however which I haven't yet tried.

Lighthalzen
When did you get your 360? Your aware the RROD is covered by 3 years worth of warranty right? I wouldn't have thought there'd be any consoles on the market that wouldn't still be covered as didn't it come out in November 2005?

And no I don't think I got Fable: The Lost Chapters. I got a bonus DVD however which I haven't yet tried.

I modded my box, so I am gonna get a new one and not mod that one.

Smigit

ahh ok fair enough. IMHO go for the Pro. I don't know what the prices are like there in the US but to me with 60GB being the only difference between a Pro and an Elite the Pro comes off as better value. I'd only really think the elite would be warranted if you want to save alot of games to the HDD with the NXE release or make heavy use of the video download store.

Hupp

my evil guy is racking up the 3somes and spreading stds throughout town with other npcs wives :D lol

.KICK

Game has just dispatched my order, hopefully I will get it tomorrow :D

Pheee

Yep also Game have dispatched my order :D Happy Days.

Kushan
I modded my box, so I am gonna get a new one and not mod that one.

The RROD is actually pretty easy to fix. If you modded your 360 yourself, then it'll be very easy to do (it's little more than opening the 360 and applying some thermal paste to the GPU if you just want a quick fix, although there are better ways to fix it - just google "RROD fix").