• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Rules Updated

Steven P.    13,596

No spamming. Spamming is characterized by the initiation of threads or posts that contribute nothing to a forum, be it off topic or on topic. Examples include: empty bodies, bodies with few words that have no relation to the current thread or discussion and those posts that state they are spam, either to annoy, advertise or increase a member's post count. Resurrecting old forum posts is also not appreciated unless it serves a worthy cause to the forum. This determination is made by the forum Moderator or Administrator and is not up for discussion.

This rule was updated (red bolded text was added) because I'm fed up with people bringing up posts from months and sometimes more than a year ago.

oldmate15    10

(Y) ok, sounds good to me. so this all means that its not necessary to post in old threads?

OPaul    0

So we should just create a new thread on the topic?

Steven P.    13,596
So we should just create a new thread on the topic?

Resurrecting old forum posts

everything about that statement suggests that the forum topic is "dead" (ie: Resurrecting) or a closed and finished discussion and old suggests that more than a reasonable amount of time has past since it was replied too.

So yes, unless it serves a worthy cause to the forum don't reply to old threads for attention as many have done in the past.

Simple eh :)

Darran    0

Neobond, when it says or increase a member's post count. Does that rule out "Woot! 1000 Posts!" type threads or are they exempt?

Keldyn    1

No. They are fine.

Darran    0

Ah thanks Keldyn. :)

Cara    0

Getting ready for your 1000th post there Whistler? ;)

Remember us Mods! ;)

altezza    0
No spamming. Spamming is characterized by the initiation of threads or posts that contribute nothing to a forum, be it off topic or on topic. Examples include: empty bodies, bodies with few words that have no relation to the current thread or discussion and those posts that state they are spam, either to annoy, advertise or increase a member's post count. Resurrecting old forum posts is also not appreciated unless it serves a worthy cause to the forum. This determination is made by the forum Moderator or Administrator and is not up for discussion.

This rule was updated (red bolded text was added) because I'm fed up with people bringing up posts from months and sometimes more than a year ago.

Sounds good to me. All I want is making Neowin a more enjoyable forum ;)

Fotix    0

Wouldn't it be easier if after x amount of days/months have passed without replies that a thread becomes read-only? It would be like locking all expired threads except without (or with) the icon indicator. The attributes of a thread could be updated once a day to mark them expired or not based on the time.

Of course, to me, that would be the ideal solution... though I don't have to code it.