Got a PDA, Post HERE.

It was said that I complained about the palm and my complaints were are irrelevent because i have a m130. Well i dont see why i must shell out 500 bucks every few months on a new palm, while people are using 1-2yr old pocketpc's that still out perform it.

the palm just isn't worth it, and its not as capable as the pocketpc models, granted the newer ones are nicer, they just dont justify their price.

they seem about the same price to me (pocketpc and palms)

the difference in your m130 was that it was designed for a different purpose than current arguments are dealing with. the m130 was designed as a low cost, long battery life, simple pda; the arguments we are facing now are centered around processor speed, memory, and capabilities...almost to the point of just being a small laptop.

yeah i know, i'm biased against pocketpc's...but we all have our hang-ups :-)

Does anyone know if there is a huge difference with Pocket Outlook vs. the email client that's built into Mobile 2003?

What are the dimensions of the Dell Axim 5?

I currently have a Handspring Visor Delux (holy crap the delux version!!!) and I need to upgrade. It has served me well for 3 years, but now the screen is going out. I've always been dissatisfied with how thick it was (5/8"). I looked at that Sharp Zaurus SL-5500, because I could find them on ebay pretty cheap, but didn't like its dimensions, as it is thicker then my handspring.

I basically just want something that will take some kind of standard media card that can view pictures that come from my soon to buy digital camera, and also play music. (That and organize my life). I really like the look of the Palm m515, but I don't think those play mp3s.

-Nic

Picked up the new Hitachi G1000 pocket pc phone edition 2 weeks ago. The only thing I dont like about it is the fact it came with 32mbs of ram (should be higher) and WinCE 2002. The damn thing came out 2 weeks ago, theres no reason I cant get WinCE 2003 pre-installed. Its great though, everything I could ask for. Qwerty thumb board, phone, internet capable (and in use), useless camera. Added on 256mb secure digital to store useless stuff.

The best thing is the fact I had to clean up outlook, now my address book is squeeky clean on both the PDA and my Comp.

• 2 months later...

I have a Sony Clie NX73V. Here is a list of things I do with it (cut and paste right from a previous topic)....

1. Organizer

2. MP3 Player

3. Camera/Movie Recorder (Not that great at it but for how little I need it, it works)

4. Games (good time killers)

5. Write Reports (Documents to Go)

6. Coding (srcedit)

7. Alarm Clock

8. Writing down reminders (CLIE Memo)

9. Remote Control (CLIE Remote)

10. Remote connection to computer (Palm VNC)

11. Browse the net

12. AIM (in a pinch at least)

13. Power 48 (HP Graphing Calculator Emulator which I use a lot)

14. E-Mail (CLIE Mail)

15. Clock

16. Reading electronic manuals

17. Writing manuals for my programs (Documents to Go again)

18. Voice memos (voice recorder works really well, and faster then writing them down)

As for programs you should get here is a small list....

1. Power 48 (Great calculator, and free)

2. Palm VCN (Used to control a Windows based PC from another room, if you have a wireless card, and it's free)

3. Documents to Go (Create and edit Work, Excel, and PowerPoint files, price varies on version)

4. AIM for Palm (If you use AIM, also a free download)

5. Spy Hunter (Because it's a great game, not free usually)

6. Space Trader (Becasue it's also a great game, free)

7. OnBoard C (Create and compile programs on your Palm, also free)

8. Java VM (Run Java ME programs on your Palm, and costs you nothing)

9. Pocket C (Run Pocket C programs on your Palm, the runtime is free)

10. Open Chess (Great and free chess game)

There are a bunch more programs out there for the Palm that really rock, but this is what I mainly use besides my CLIE software)

Dell Axim X5 400mhz X-Scale CPU

I have installed..Adobe Acrobat, MS Reader, PokeNES, PocketSNES, and PocketNAME, ohh and AvantGo.

(edit)..Im also beta testing MS Voice command for it...it is nice :)

• 2 weeks later...

as soon as my visa check card gets here in the mail (exactly 5 business days from today, friday), i'm buying a palm tungsten t3. after reading this thread, i'm thinkin' about switching to an hp ipaq, but i'm sure i'll go right back to the t3 in a few minutes here. :laugh:

I have the Casio Cassiopia E-125. I loved it, but it was getting old, so I decided to get a new one. Then the backlight quit working. So right now the warrenty department has it, if they cant fix it, they will replace it with something new.