[Official] Halo 3: ODST

I think MSFT fails for ending Halo so soon... they could have gotten to Halo XI and it would have still been a great game. Look at the Final Fantasy series and how Halo: Combat Evolved was so successful...

Well final fantasy ends at the end of every game but doesn't it and then uses new characters and plots for the next? Anyway as pointed out, MC isn't dead so they can still put new games in after the events of Halo 3, it'd just be a different story and they could choose whether not not to use Master Chief. I'm glad they ended the last story to be honest, the flood ****ed me off and I'd really love it if they didn't play much of a role in future games. I'm guessing the flood are innevitable in recon given this takes place between 2 and 3, but hopefully they don't have too big a presence until the very later stages if they are there at all on Mombasa.

Also I'm sure Master Chief will make a cameo despite what Kotaku says about it being unlikely. I'd say you will cross paths somewhere similar to how you could see Gordon Freeman a couple of times in Half Life Opposing Force.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/42139/Re...rilogy-Projects

Recon is Bungie's last Halo game, apparently.

Bungie's last game in the Halo Trilogy, not necessarily in the general Halo realm, however.

I'm actually more confused having read that. They make it sound like it will be a separate multiplayer but that will be seamlessly part of Halo 3's Multiplayer, which is confusing to say the least.

Well final fantasy ends at the end of every game but doesn't it and then uses new characters and plots for the next? Anyway as pointed out, MC isn't dead so they can still put new games in after the events of Halo 3, it'd just be a different story and they could choose whether not not to use Master Chief. I'm glad they ended the last story to be honest, the flood ****ed me off and I'd really love it if they didn't play much of a role in future games. I'm guessing the flood are innevitable in recon given this takes place between 2 and 3, but hopefully they don't have too big a presence until the very later stages if they are there at all on Mombasa.

Also I'm sure Master Chief will make a cameo despite what Kotaku says about it being unlikely. I'd say you will cross paths somewhere similar to how you could see Gordon Freeman a couple of times in Half Life Opposing Force.

Actually I am hoping flood isn't in there if they stick true to the story so far. Flood arrives on earth in Halo3 so we should be safe as long as the game is confined to Earth. :)

Actually I am hoping flood isn't in there if they stick true to the story so far. Flood arrives on earth in Halo3 so we should be safe as long as the game is confined to Earth. :)

Yeah I know and I'm hoping thats the case. That said, I can see them overlapping that aspect of the story as a device to build tension towards the end. It is a prequal but if they wanted I guess they could have it overlap H3 at the end.

Heres hoping anyway.

Bungie's last game in the Halo Trilogy, not necessarily in the general Halo realm, however.

The way the spokesperson said, it's their last Halo game. He was then asked if it was their last in the trilogy, and he said yes. I think it's the last of both, quite honestly -- look at the statements in the first part of the article.

The way the spokesperson said, it's their last Halo game. He was then asked if it was their last in the trilogy, and he said yes. I think it's the last of both, quite honestly -- look at the statements in the first part of the article.

I'm not so sure about that. Take a look, emphasis added:

Bungie is currently working on three separate projects, of which only the Halo title is so far known to the public, but according to community and PR director Brian Jarrard that team currently working on Recon won't continue to work on Halo projects in that series once the game ships.

"I don't think so," he said during an interview in Tokyo. "We've already put a couple of map packs out, we do have more maps on the way. We actually have a Mythic map pack coming out early next year. We don't have firm details or a date yet, but we do have one more map pack coming out, and then we do have some maps associated with the actual Recon retail release.

"But I think when this project wraps up in a couple of months that will be the time when that team moves on to something else - part of that team will move on to something else and part of them will probably be absorbed into one of the other projects that are already on the way."

And when asked if that meant Halo 3 Recon would be a "final statement" from Bungie as far as the Halo trilogy was concerned, Jarrard agreed.

I'm not saying it's definitely not their last Halo game ever, I'm just saying that it's not necessarily their last Halo game. It's definitely their last Halo game in the Halo Trilogy series, but not necessarily in the Halo realm. Especially since they've built the Halo Bible themselves and who knows what else is in that world. But there's no way to know for certain until they announce something themselves.

Well, personally, I think that given that Frankie (the man behind the Halo Bible) left to go to Microsoft, Bungie likely wants to move on. Bungie isn't working on Halo 4 (which is at Microsoft), Halo Chronicles (Wingnut/Microsoft) or Halo Wars (Ensemble). I'd be absolutely amazed if besides Recon they're working on anything even connected to Halo.

If they're going to return to the Halo franchise, I think it's going to be a long while.

Well, personally, I think that given that Frankie (the man behind the Halo Bible) left to go to Microsoft, Bungie likely wants to move on. Bungie isn't working on Halo 4 (which is at Microsoft), Halo Chronicles (Wingnut/Microsoft) or Halo Wars (Ensemble). I'd be absolutely amazed if besides Recon they're working on anything even connected to Halo.

If they're going to return to the Halo franchise, I think it's going to be a long while.

Yea, I'm not saying it will happen anytime soon. All I'm saying is I'll be surprised if they never do anything in the Halo world again. ;)

Well, personally, I think that given that Frankie (the man behind the Halo Bible) left to go to Microsoft, Bungie likely wants to move on.

Agreed. Im sure they want to move on to their own IP again so they can have full reign to have fun again. As bitter sweet as the Halo franchise may be from a business perspective for them it sure has helped propel them to global domination that they so desire :p

halo is just a great game regardless

i'm on call of duty 4 right now but MSFT continuing Halo makes me happy

halo wars is kind of a joke but halo 3 recon should be sweet

I seriously doubt there could be ANY developer out there that cares more and treats its community/fan base better than Bungie and who better to illustrate my point then Brian. Strange thing being it's fan base is a mixture of "know it all internet thugs" and "socially inept nerds who find the best use of the mic is for karaoke" with Neowin and the rest hopelessly stuck in between somewhere.

Bungie :wub:

• 4 weeks later...
GTA, MGS, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, WipeOut etc

The list can go on. Your point?

when GTA makes another game, its literally another game. Same with MGS Silent Hill (not so much resident evil) and Wipeout. 60 bucks for a 3-5 hour game... that kinda sucks. And i don't really blame bungie on this one, more microsoft.

MS Game Studios are still publishing Bungie games I believe. It is the publisher who really decides how much the game will be sold for, at least the largest share of the price.

Nice one.

Pity, no actual game shots though.

IMO, the information given more than makes up for it. I'm even more pumped up for Recon now... I love the details given about how it will play.