[Official] Dead Space

Ok I just watched the GT review and even they said the enemies are scarey, so I know I'm not alone in that thought :p

Glad to see the game got a solid score though (Y)

I have mix review about this game; it?s just like doom 3 but a lot slower. I can only play so much I bought this game like a week ago and I?m only on chapter 5.

The game's supposed to be an hour per chapter

Maybe it's not the game it's just me that I can only play an hour or 2 and every other day, to tell you the truth It not scary to me at all.

I feel like oh here we go open the door shoot the thing turn on switch, open the door again shoot the thing turn the switch on rinse repeat. Gore wise it?s the best one yet, I don?t think any game would top this.

Same here, I gave up on Condemned but I will stick it out with Dead Space!

I left F.E.A.R literally around the first encounter with Alma...

My nightmares do not need any help or ideas in making my life a misery ...

Talking of nightmares I had a really dodgy one about babies eating my kneecaps and devouring my spine last night. Those past chapter 2 will be able to sympathize. :p

Seriously, what a bunch of wussies around here. :p

I have not really been scared yet playing this game. :|

So far I can only come to play this for 1 hour at a time...it just freaks me out too much. Right now I'm in the middle of the 3rd chapter, and I've had it since Monday. I guess my plan of playing it 2 hrs/night has completely failed.

Don't worry, the 3rd chapter is nothing.

Just wait for those "moments", namely, chapter ten

oh yeah, saw the prequel movie, it's ok, gives some insight to what happened.

but seriously? WTF? the colony is like fine, but Mr. Barrows is like "whats going on?" and if the colony is infected and all, where did those infectors come from?

Seriously, what a bunch of wussies around here. :p

I have not really been scared yet playing this game. :|

It doesn't count if you haven't actually started the game yet. No one should be scared just putting the disc in.

So I finally got time to play through a full chapter plus a good size of chapter 2.

The game does feel like being part of the movie, Event Horizon. The atmosphere is great and is really a huge plus in this game. Love how it's not the usual horror game where you run around empty halls trying to pick up everything you find for later use, no here you can earn credits towards the 'stores' around the ship and even upgrade equipment and weapons. The story is simple, yet great. Really wants you to keep moving forward and see what happens next, can't wait to get the full story of what happened.

Though the game does have a few minor 'issues', the reason why I tend to avoid these horror games is the pace. I don't mean the actual speed of the character but they way you progress, just feels like everything takes ages. "Oh go back to where you came from which is roughly 500 miles away and get that tiny component". Really isn't that big of an issue though since I just gotta get used to these horror games.

My biggest issue with the game is the 'scariness' of the game. Sitting there late at night with the volume cranked up and my heart-rate is almost flat-lining. There are tons of monsters which constantly come at you, kinda lost its charm the first 50 kills. Plus some of the 'scripted' In-game events where you see something in the vents or a monster in the distant just look comic. Saw one of those events where you briefly see a monster in the corridor running away from you ... Looked and sounded like a spastic kid trying to sing plus it even hit the wall, how is that scary?

Oh well, will definitely get through this game (Y)

Got the game yesterday and just finished the second chapter, i love the whole atmosphere, it's quite creepy but never gets really scary (not yet atleast) the only time i jumped up was when i was in outer space for 30 seconds and there was no sound, i turned around and got one of those claws right in my face, caught me completely off guard.

stuck at school now and I'll be picking up fable afterwards so dead space might have to wait for a few days now. :p

so far, it's a great game though.

Might have to get this game, was offered it in store the other week. But short of funds so might have to just wait till payday again :(

If you have the Xbox 360 version, you can pick up the Free Elite suite from Marketplace, its limited time only. So even if you think of getting this game, why not download for later.

I will download it just incase.

If you have the Xbox 360 version, you can pick up the Free Elite suite from Marketplace, its limited time only. So even if you think of getting this game, why not download for later.

Thanks for the heads up (Y)

How do we get it In-game, is it in the inventory or do we need to visit a store?

Cheers (Y)

I'll download ASAP

Yep, the elite suite looks sick and when finding the first store, you do not have to pay for it. THe game is great tho, it feels like you're fighting for your life especially on hard. You have to count every bullet, because the enemies are tough and if you run out of ammo, you gotta run or ripped apart. Also, I love the dead animations, it reminds me of Undying. :)